GM Longroof Forum
Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.

HomeHome  PortalPortal  GalleryGallery  Latest imagesLatest images  SearchSearch  RegisterRegister  Log in  

Wrench-A-Part

Go down 
3 posters
AuthorMessage
81X11

81X11

Wrench-A-Part Empty
PostSubject: Wrench-A-Part   Wrench-A-Part Icon_minitimeFri Jun 17, 2011 10:57 am

Laird is at our new Wrench-A-Part down in South Austin right now and he's sending me pics.

Here's the first batch. Nothing OUTSTANDING but always fun to see the latest yard junk:

Roady wagon, lots of trim left
Wrench-A-Part Roadywgn

SAD! Dead Trans Am. Burt Reynolds is crying somewhere
Wrench-A-Part TransAm

Wrecked Citation Coupe. Was clean, but very plain. Dash is not cracked...I looked forever for a good one for my X-11. Now I don't need it. Ha!
Wrench-A-Part Sidehit
Wrench-A-Part Coupe
Wrench-A-Part Perfectdash

Weird G-body Aeroback Buick. Those were odd
Wrench-A-Part FastbackG

Big 73 Poncho
Wrench-A-Part 73poncho

Hearse
Wrench-A-Part Hearse

Something tells me this was not a Texas car.....
Wrench-A-Part Rustbird

I've got him looking for a red Regal GS steering wheel for me. I hope he sees one.

Will post more pics if he sends any.

-Mike

Back to top Go down

Wrench-A-Part Empty
PostSubject: Re: Wrench-A-Part   Wrench-A-Part Icon_minitimeFri Jun 17, 2011 11:24 am

The firebird has seen better days and you are right ,its not a texas car!
Jim
Back to top Go down
Olds Weighty Eight

Olds Weighty Eight

Wrench-A-Part Empty
PostSubject: Re: Wrench-A-Part   Wrench-A-Part Icon_minitimeFri Jun 17, 2011 12:32 pm

Hey! How about that wagon back there. More pics! bounce

Wrench-A-Part FastbackG
Back to top Go down
http://www.lakelandraceway.com/friends_garage
81X11

81X11

Wrench-A-Part Empty
PostSubject: Re: Wrench-A-Part   Wrench-A-Part Icon_minitimeFri Jun 17, 2011 12:36 pm

Good eye! I already texted Laird to get some pics of it, but he left the yard an hour ago. It's already 91 degrees headed for 106 degrees this afternoon. He got there when they opened and left before the heat stroke could set in.

-Mike
Back to top Go down
Olds Weighty Eight

Olds Weighty Eight

Wrench-A-Part Empty
PostSubject: Re: Wrench-A-Part   Wrench-A-Part Icon_minitimeFri Jun 17, 2011 12:45 pm

81X11 wrote:
He got there when they opened and left before the heat stroke could set in.

Well, there are worse places to croak. Besides, that yard has a hearse at the ready. tongue Speaking of passing on, do you think Heaven has endless scrap yards that can be picked for eternity? What a Face
Back to top Go down
http://www.lakelandraceway.com/friends_garage
81X11

81X11

Wrench-A-Part Empty
PostSubject: Re: Wrench-A-Part   Wrench-A-Part Icon_minitimeFri Jun 17, 2011 12:48 pm

My heaven does. ; )
Back to top Go down

Wrench-A-Part Empty
PostSubject: Re: Wrench-A-Part   Wrench-A-Part Icon_minitimeFri Jun 17, 2011 1:31 pm

LMAO Greg thats an interesting way of looking at things.Mike heaven of perfect cars that all
need cleaning and wax.All of them will be missing a few parts that Mike has to go to his clean PAVED junkyard to find the parts laying on the clean carpet of the individual cars.All the junk cars will be washed regularly and waxed yearly.There will be a free wash and vaccuum station
that is on a truck so you can drive to the car thats dirty.Sounds crazy but thats Mikes heaven.
Back to top Go down
Sprocket

Sprocket

Wrench-A-Part Empty
PostSubject: Re: Wrench-A-Part   Wrench-A-Part Icon_minitimeFri Jun 17, 2011 10:41 pm

81X11 wrote:
Big 73 Poncho
Wrench-A-Part 73poncho

My only Poncho was a 73 Granville Vert with a 455. 8MPG and neck snapping torque when that quadrajet secondaries kicked in What a Face
Back to top Go down

Wrench-A-Part Empty
PostSubject: Re: Wrench-A-Part   Wrench-A-Part Icon_minitimeFri Jun 17, 2011 11:37 pm

Hmmm... I may know someone interested in the trim off that hearse.

EDIT: That hearse is a Eureka, my friend's is a Superior. BUT if you don't mind asking him (or you yourself depending on junkyard adventures?) to open the rear and see if there are any bier pins inside, those would be SUPER helpful.

They're the large pins that go in the floor that are designed to hold a casket in place while inside the car.
Back to top Go down
Sponsored content

Wrench-A-Part Empty
PostSubject: Re: Wrench-A-Part   Wrench-A-Part Icon_minitime

Back to top Go down

Wrench-A-Part
Page 1 of 1

Permissions in this forum:You cannot reply to topics in this forum
GM Longroof Forum :: The Longroof Lounge :: Pics and Video-
Jump to: