GM Longroof Forum
Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.

HomeHome  PortalPortal  GalleryGallery  Latest imagesLatest images  SearchSearch  RegisterRegister  Log in  

AC DIED! DAMMIT!!!

Go down 
+2
buickestate
81X11
6 posters
AuthorMessage
81X11

81X11

AC DIED!  DAMMIT!!! Empty
PostSubject: AC DIED! DAMMIT!!!   AC DIED!  DAMMIT!!! Icon_minitimeThu Jun 23, 2011 4:22 pm

Dad took the wagon to the ranch in Burnet and he said when they got up there the a/c just stopped blowing cold. He called me just now.....I think he was scared.... I'm not mad at him, the car has 98K miles on it and it could be the original compressor....the timing just sucks...just paid bills.

It's 100-degrees outside and will be for the next 2-3 months. Shoot me.....

I'm guessing my Dad is NEVER going to ask to use that car again. I think he's cursed!

Will check it out tonight when he gets home. Please tell me he just pressed the vent button by accident......

Evil or Very Mad
Back to top Go down
buickestate
buickestate

PostSubject: Re: AC DIED! DAMMIT!!!   AC DIED!  DAMMIT!!! Icon_minitimeThu Jun 23, 2011 4:27 pm

he pressed the vent button by accident!

feel any better?
Back to top Go down

PostSubject: Re: AC DIED! DAMMIT!!!   AC DIED!  DAMMIT!!! Icon_minitimeThu Jun 23, 2011 4:36 pm

I hope you are right but he wouldnt use my wagon again.No lol here,I am serious he's jinxed
Mike.I know he is your dad and all but there has to be a limit.Everytime he uses it something
gets broke.
Back to top Go down
81X11

81X11

PostSubject: Re: AC DIED! DAMMIT!!!   AC DIED!  DAMMIT!!! Icon_minitimeThu Jun 23, 2011 4:45 pm

Flasheroo wrote:
I hope you are right but he wouldnt use my wagon again.No lol here,I am serious he's jinxed
Mike.I know he is your dad and all but there has to be a limit.Everytime he uses it something
gets broke.

I know! What the heck!
Back to top Go down

PostSubject: Re: AC DIED! DAMMIT!!!   AC DIED!  DAMMIT!!! Icon_minitimeThu Jun 23, 2011 5:02 pm

Maybe fix the S-10 or find him his own WAGON!Its not like you would have any problems locating one for him.
Back to top Go down
81X11

81X11

PostSubject: Re: AC DIED! DAMMIT!!!   AC DIED!  DAMMIT!!! Icon_minitimeThu Jun 23, 2011 5:05 pm

Ah we share all our cars and motorcycles. I've just gotta get off my tail and fix the S-10. I'm sure he'll pitch in to fix the a/c.

Maybe this is my excuse to try my rear-mounted a/c idea.

For now I've got the 79 Limited to use. Horrible mileage but the a/c throws snowballs at you.

Back to top Go down
Sprocket

Sprocket

PostSubject: Re: AC DIED! DAMMIT!!!   AC DIED!  DAMMIT!!! Icon_minitimeThu Jun 23, 2011 7:07 pm

Only Frosty blows like R-12!!!!

See the other AC thread for the DEAL on a new compressor set up....
Back to top Go down
Sprocket

Sprocket

PostSubject: Re: AC DIED! DAMMIT!!!   AC DIED!  DAMMIT!!! Icon_minitimeThu Jun 23, 2011 7:20 pm

http://www.discountacparts.com/Buick-Roadmaster-AC_Kit-60~80131_RK.html

order now operators are standing by......lol

ALso check the high pressure Schrader valve. I've had that be the issue to losing refridgerant on two of my wagons.
New valve is about 6 or 7 bucks, but the local shop sells them by the bag which blows....was 43 bucks for a half dozen or something
Back to top Go down
brokecello
brokecello

PostSubject: Re: AC DIED! DAMMIT!!!   AC DIED!  DAMMIT!!! Icon_minitimeThu Jun 23, 2011 7:41 pm

Might be your AC lines though Mike..check them at the spot where they come close to the top of the A arm. They rub and eventually blow out if you don't watch it.

Back to top Go down
http://www.ChrisPowellmusic.com

PostSubject: Re: AC DIED! DAMMIT!!!   AC DIED!  DAMMIT!!! Icon_minitimeThu Jun 23, 2011 7:59 pm

John this site and the A/C supply house are on my list and I am on their mailing list.Cant
believe the great prices they charge for my artic freeze freon.Thanks for the info.

JEG
Back to top Go down

PostSubject: Re: AC DIED! DAMMIT!!!   AC DIED!  DAMMIT!!! Icon_minitimeThu Jun 23, 2011 8:33 pm

I feel bad for your dad. its not him, it was gonna happen sooner or later.
Back to top Go down

PostSubject: Re: AC DIED! DAMMIT!!!   AC DIED!  DAMMIT!!! Icon_minitimeThu Jun 23, 2011 8:41 pm

Thanks Carl I almost had him convinced!Just Kidding you Mike or am I?
Back to top Go down
94Woody

94Woody

PostSubject: Re: AC DIED! DAMMIT!!!   AC DIED!  DAMMIT!!! Icon_minitimeThu Jun 23, 2011 9:39 pm

Back to top Go down
81X11

81X11

PostSubject: Re: AC DIED! DAMMIT!!!   AC DIED!  DAMMIT!!! Icon_minitimeThu Jun 23, 2011 10:03 pm

THE A/C IS FINE!!! Yeah!

Dad got home and I popped the hood and the accumulator was ice cold and the compressor was pumping and quiet. It was cool inside but not ice cold.

I remembered reading about the blend doors on these cars sticking when I first bought it. The fix is to run the temp all the way up to 90, and once it switches to inferno mode, run it back down to 60.

Did that...ice cubes began blowing out the dash again! cheers

-Mike
Back to top Go down
buickestate
buickestate

PostSubject: Re: AC DIED! DAMMIT!!!   AC DIED!  DAMMIT!!! Icon_minitimeThu Jun 23, 2011 10:21 pm

told you he accidentally hit the vent button!
Back to top Go down

PostSubject: Re: AC DIED! DAMMIT!!!   AC DIED!  DAMMIT!!! Icon_minitimeFri Jun 24, 2011 12:41 am

Now fix the S-10 or find him his own wagon while you still can MIKE!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!
Back to top Go down
81X11

81X11

PostSubject: Re: AC DIED! DAMMIT!!!   AC DIED!  DAMMIT!!! Icon_minitimeFri Jun 24, 2011 11:04 am

Flasheroo wrote:
Now fix the S-10 or find him his own wagon while you still can MIKE!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!

Pulling the bed off the truck tonight if I can get Dad to come over and help.

-Mike
Back to top Go down
Cadet57

Cadet57

PostSubject: Re: AC DIED! DAMMIT!!!   AC DIED!  DAMMIT!!! Icon_minitimeFri Jun 24, 2011 11:24 am

Whats wrong with your S-10?
Back to top Go down
81X11

81X11

PostSubject: Re: AC DIED! DAMMIT!!!   AC DIED!  DAMMIT!!! Icon_minitimeFri Jun 24, 2011 11:31 am

Cadet57 wrote:
Whats wrong with your S-10?

Fuel pump died last weekend and Dad's been driving my Roady since then. I've been driving the 79 Electra since then....and BOY does it like gas!!!

-Mike
Back to top Go down
Sponsored content

PostSubject: Re: AC DIED! DAMMIT!!!   AC DIED!  DAMMIT!!! Icon_minitime

Back to top Go down

AC DIED! DAMMIT!!!
Page 1 of 1