GM Longroof Forum
Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.

HomeHome  PortalPortal  GalleryGallery  Latest imagesLatest images  SearchSearch  RegisterRegister  Log in  

Canadian Brothers

Go down 
+4
jasonlachapelle
81X11
jayoldschool
buickjef
8 posters
AuthorMessage

Canadian Brothers Empty
PostSubject: Canadian Brothers   Canadian Brothers Icon_minitimeFri Jul 01, 2011 3:15 am

To all of our wagon loving brothers to the North,HAPPY CANADA DAY!
Jim Gordon
Back to top Go down
buickjef

Canadian Brothers Empty
PostSubject: Re: Canadian Brothers   Canadian Brothers Icon_minitimeFri Jul 01, 2011 3:46 am

Thanks! Looking forward to enjoying this weekend with family & friends!
Back to top Go down
jayoldschool

jayoldschool

Canadian Brothers Empty
PostSubject: Re: Canadian Brothers   Canadian Brothers Icon_minitimeFri Jul 01, 2011 11:00 am

Wow, thanks Jim! I can't believe someone from the US actually knows about July 1st!
Back to top Go down

Canadian Brothers Empty
PostSubject: Re: Canadian Brothers   Canadian Brothers Icon_minitimeFri Jul 01, 2011 11:29 am

I remember this is the same as our 4th of july for all of Canada.Always remember it because of my
first true long distance motorcycle trip to Canada back in july of 83.I was very surprised by all
of the french speaking canadians in the province of New Brunswick.I stayed in Rimouski thursday
and friday and headed home on saturday morning.I thought it was kind of funny how the french
speaking people had a nasty attitude towards me until they realized I was american and not
english.First thing they did was look at my license plate which was from Virginia and once they
saw that their whole demeanor changed towards me.Beautiful and very interesting place to visit!
Back to top Go down
81X11

81X11

Canadian Brothers Empty
PostSubject: Re: Canadian Brothers   Canadian Brothers Icon_minitimeFri Jul 01, 2011 2:43 pm

Have a great holiday! Have a few for me!

Canadian Brothers 08-13-great-white-north1
Back to top Go down
jasonlachapelle

jasonlachapelle

Canadian Brothers Empty
PostSubject: Re: Canadian Brothers   Canadian Brothers Icon_minitimeFri Jul 01, 2011 3:43 pm

Happy Canada Day.
Back to top Go down
phantom 309

phantom 309

Canadian Brothers Empty
PostSubject: Re: Canadian Brothers   Canadian Brothers Icon_minitimeFri Jul 01, 2011 5:04 pm

Canada day??
Back to top Go down

Canadian Brothers Empty
PostSubject: Re: Canadian Brothers   Canadian Brothers Icon_minitimeFri Jul 01, 2011 5:08 pm

Was it once called Dominion day ?It was something like that because I remember talking to a very
old gentlemen at a beautiful lake up on a mountain.He was very determined that I understood that it Dominion day I think.He actually had sheep blocking the road as I came around a corner.There
was what looked like a castle on the very top of the highest peak.Great memories for me!
Back to top Go down
jasonlachapelle

jasonlachapelle

Canadian Brothers Empty
PostSubject: Re: Canadian Brothers   Canadian Brothers Icon_minitimeFri Jul 01, 2011 5:58 pm

yes, but they changed it in 82, when Canada gained full independence from England.
Back to top Go down

Canadian Brothers Empty
PostSubject: Re: Canadian Brothers   Canadian Brothers Icon_minitimeFri Jul 01, 2011 6:15 pm

I remember a Mounty asking me if I had any food on the bike and I asked why and all he said was
BEARS!He started laughing that the bears hang around the little pull overs and watch for people to stop and eat.Started to run low on gas and stopped at a small trailer way out in the sticks with
barefoot kids running around and bought gas.Had no plumbing at all and actually hand cranked the gas into my bike.That was one of many wonderful memories I remember.Another was the naked strippers at a certain Montreal bar.
Back to top Go down
Nick Danger

Nick Danger

Canadian Brothers Empty
PostSubject: Re: Canadian Brothers   Canadian Brothers Icon_minitimeFri Jul 01, 2011 7:12 pm

Flasheroo wrote:
I remember this is the same as our 4th of july for all of Canada.Always remember it because of my
first true long distance motorcycle trip to Canada back in july of 83.I was very surprised by all
of the french speaking canadians in the province of New Brunswick.I stayed in Rimouski thursday
and friday and headed home on saturday morning.I thought it was kind of funny how the french
speaking people had a nasty attitude towards me until they realized I was american and not
english.First thing they did was look at my license plate which was from Virginia and once they
saw that their whole demeanor changed towards me.Beautiful and very interesting place to visit!

I remember that. When I was a kid in the mid-1970s, our family went on a vacation in Canada. When we got to the motel in Quebec, I got in the swimming pool. All the other kids in the pool were hostile to me, and I didn't know why. After a while they figured out that I was Americain, and then they suddenly became friendly. But I was still feeling burned because they had been mean to me, so I didn't trust them or their new attitude.

Kids in New Brunswick and Nova Scotia were much better than the ones in Quebec.
Back to top Go down
http://www.unseengallery.com

Canadian Brothers Empty
PostSubject: Re: Canadian Brothers   Canadian Brothers Icon_minitimeFri Jul 01, 2011 7:33 pm

I actually had a shotgun pointed at me at one gas station.It seems that in 83 the Hells Angels
were trying to establish a chapter somewhere around New Brunswick.They were there for sure
because I had a run in with them.Fortunately there scooters were useless in the curves and I
chose to leave the area ABRUPTLY.Anyway the guy with the shotgun got a look at my Honda
and apologized and told me what the angels had been up to.Reminded me of the old biker movies
where they rolled into town and took over.Where I stayed in Rimouski the owner gave me a
ground floor room and a pad.I asked what was the pad for and she told me to keep my bike in
my room at night because of the angels and to please use the pad.Apparently the angels had caused a great many problems for the local businesses and all motorcyclist who just wanted to ride.Always carried back then too and was glad of it.After my run in with them ,my gun came
out of my side luggage and went back in my belt.
Back to top Go down
Cadet57

Cadet57

Canadian Brothers Empty
PostSubject: Re: Canadian Brothers   Canadian Brothers Icon_minitimeFri Jul 01, 2011 8:13 pm

I shall drink a Labatt Blue and watch Red Green in your country's honor.
Back to top Go down

Canadian Brothers Empty
PostSubject: Re: Canadian Brothers   Canadian Brothers Icon_minitimeFri Jul 01, 2011 8:39 pm

If I had any LaBatts Blue, I too would drink many in honor of the Canadians and their independence!
Back to top Go down
Nick Danger

Nick Danger

Canadian Brothers Empty
PostSubject: Re: Canadian Brothers   Canadian Brothers Icon_minitimeFri Jul 01, 2011 8:59 pm

I've read about the biker wars in Canada. More than a hundred people got killed. There aren't any
statistics about how many more people got injured, robbed, or vandalized. I can understand why
the locals were walking around armed.
Back to top Go down
phantom 309

phantom 309

Canadian Brothers Empty
PostSubject: Re: Canadian Brothers   Canadian Brothers Icon_minitimeFri Jul 01, 2011 9:33 pm

Nick Danger wrote:
I've read about the biker wars in Canada. More than a hundred people got killed. There aren't any
statistics about how many more people got injured, robbed, or vandalized. I can understand why

you're misinformed,.
Montreal is not canada really,.any more than LA is the united states.
Better research canadian gun laws too.
You're reading nearly 20 yr old history,.

nick
Back to top Go down
Nick Danger

Nick Danger

Canadian Brothers Empty
PostSubject: Re: Canadian Brothers   Canadian Brothers Icon_minitimeFri Jul 01, 2011 10:19 pm

phantom 309 wrote:
Nick Danger wrote:

you're misinformed,.

nick

I was responding to Flasharoo's post describing the difficulties he had many years ago while taking a
motorcycle vacation in Canada. He says that he had a shotgun pointed at him. I don't know what the
gun laws are in Canada, but I believe him. Since then, I think the RCMP got involved and the most
violent men were imprisoned.

I've never been west of Ottawa, so I don't know how Montreal compares to the rest of Canada. But
then, I've never been to L.A., either.
Back to top Go down
phantom 309

phantom 309

Canadian Brothers Empty
PostSubject: Re: Canadian Brothers   Canadian Brothers Icon_minitimeFri Jul 01, 2011 11:15 pm

Nick Danger wrote:
phantom 309 wrote:
Nick Danger wrote:

you're misinformed,.

nick

I've never been west of Ottawa, so I don't know how Montreal compares to the rest of Canada. But
then, I've never been to L.A., either.

Just have a quick peek at a map,.and check out ottawa,. east, west etc,..

nick
Back to top Go down

Canadian Brothers Empty
PostSubject: Re: Canadian Brothers   Canadian Brothers Icon_minitimeSat Jul 02, 2011 6:18 am

Been to canada 3 seperate times on vacation and the people there though cautious were friendly
and outgoing.Hope to go back some day and it will be in my wagon!
Back to top Go down
lakeffect

lakeffect

Canadian Brothers Empty
PostSubject: Re: Canadian Brothers   Canadian Brothers Icon_minitimeSat Jul 02, 2011 9:09 am

Used to go to Crystal Beach, Shirkston Beach and Niagara Falls quite a few timest in my teens and twenties. Loved that long weekend, by combining both countries holidays.

May both our beloved countries forever be friends and not enemies.

Happy holidays to both sides of the border.
Back to top Go down
Sponsored content

Canadian Brothers Empty
PostSubject: Re: Canadian Brothers   Canadian Brothers Icon_minitime

Back to top Go down

Canadian Brothers
Page 1 of 1