GM Longroof Forum
Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.

HomeHome  PortalPortal  GalleryGallery  Latest imagesLatest images  SearchSearch  RegisterRegister  Log in  

Was the Olds Custom Cruiser available as a "woodie"?

Go down 
+7
phantom 309
95BRMW
Cadet57
BigBlackBeaSSt
94Woody
Lynol
Steve Smith
11 posters
AuthorMessage
Steve Smith

Was the Olds Custom Cruiser available as a "woodie"? Empty
PostSubject: Was the Olds Custom Cruiser available as a "woodie"?   Was the Olds Custom Cruiser available as a "woodie"? Icon_minitimeFri Jul 15, 2011 2:01 pm

Never saw one with the fake wood exterior panels. scratch
Back to top Go down
Lynol

Lynol

PostSubject: Re: Was the Olds Custom Cruiser available as a "woodie"?   Was the Olds Custom Cruiser available as a "woodie"? Icon_minitimeFri Jul 15, 2011 2:38 pm

Steve Smith wrote:
Never saw one with the fake wood exterior panels. scratch
If you're talking about the '91, '92 OCC's, no. No wood was offered on that model.
Back to top Go down
Steve Smith

PostSubject: Re: Was the Olds Custom Cruiser available as a "woodie"?   Was the Olds Custom Cruiser available as a "woodie"? Icon_minitimeFri Jul 15, 2011 3:10 pm

Probably more Roadie Estates with fake exterior wood than even Caprices I'd bet.............
Back to top Go down
Lynol

Lynol

PostSubject: Re: Was the Olds Custom Cruiser available as a "woodie"?   Was the Olds Custom Cruiser available as a "woodie"? Icon_minitimeFri Jul 15, 2011 4:08 pm

Steve Smith wrote:
Probably more Roadie Estates with fake exterior wood than even Caprices I'd bet.............
Oh yeah. It was standard on the RMW, but optional on the Caprice.
Back to top Go down
94Woody

94Woody

PostSubject: Re: Was the Olds Custom Cruiser available as a "woodie"?   Was the Olds Custom Cruiser available as a "woodie"? Icon_minitimeFri Jul 15, 2011 5:55 pm

Every RMW I have seen in person has had the fake wood. Never seen a Caprice with it aside from the one I bought.
Back to top Go down
Steve Smith

PostSubject: Re: Was the Olds Custom Cruiser available as a "woodie"?   Was the Olds Custom Cruiser available as a "woodie"? Icon_minitimeFri Jul 15, 2011 6:33 pm

My '96 light adriatic blue Roadmaster Estate has the woodgrain delete (thankfully!). Some old weird guy in my development has a beater gold Caprice woodie.
Back to top Go down
BigBlackBeaSSt

BigBlackBeaSSt

PostSubject: Re: Was the Olds Custom Cruiser available as a "woodie"?   Was the Olds Custom Cruiser available as a "woodie"? Icon_minitimeFri Jul 15, 2011 6:47 pm

The wood grain grows on you, no pun intended.........
Back to top Go down
Cadet57

Cadet57

PostSubject: Re: Was the Olds Custom Cruiser available as a "woodie"?   Was the Olds Custom Cruiser available as a "woodie"? Icon_minitimeFri Jul 15, 2011 6:55 pm

BigBlackBeaSSt wrote:
The wood grain grows on you, no pun intended.........

I agree. Wasn't a huge fan of it when it was on my Caprice and now that its gone it makes me sad. Next one will be a woody again. Laughing
Back to top Go down
95BRMW

95BRMW

PostSubject: Re: Was the Olds Custom Cruiser available as a "woodie"?   Was the Olds Custom Cruiser available as a "woodie"? Icon_minitimeFri Jul 15, 2011 7:36 pm

So true! When I bought my first wagon, I was looking for ways to get rid of the wood. Now I can't imagine it without wood, it seems right on these cars.
Back to top Go down
phantom 309

phantom 309

PostSubject: Re: Was the Olds Custom Cruiser available as a "woodie"?   Was the Olds Custom Cruiser available as a "woodie"? Icon_minitimeFri Jul 15, 2011 7:43 pm

wood on their wagon, for guys lacking something,..

Nick
Back to top Go down
Sprocket

Sprocket

PostSubject: Re: Was the Olds Custom Cruiser available as a "woodie"?   Was the Olds Custom Cruiser available as a "woodie"? Icon_minitimeFri Jul 15, 2011 8:05 pm

phantom 309 wrote:

Nick

I heard that about guys who drive big trucks....
Back to top Go down
phantom 309

phantom 309

PostSubject: Re: Was the Olds Custom Cruiser available as a "woodie"?   Was the Olds Custom Cruiser available as a "woodie"? Icon_minitimeFri Jul 15, 2011 8:07 pm

Sprocket wrote:
phantom 309 wrote:

Nick

I heard that about guys who drive big trucks....

whatchoo hear?
is the the same thing as guys who've had 9 wagons?
Back to top Go down
Steve Smith

PostSubject: Re: Was the Olds Custom Cruiser available as a "woodie"?   Was the Olds Custom Cruiser available as a "woodie"? Icon_minitimeFri Jul 15, 2011 11:46 pm

I remember back in the mid 70s into the 80s when on occassion the body shop where I was working would have a woodie wagon come in for a repair of some sort. My old boss showed me all the tricks to putting that contact vinyl on successfully.Not always easy especially around door handles.The product was ALWAYS made by 3M and was/is VERY expensive!
Ahhh, memories...........
Back to top Go down

PostSubject: Re: Was the Olds Custom Cruiser available as a "woodie"?   Was the Olds Custom Cruiser available as a "woodie"? Icon_minitimeFri Jul 15, 2011 11:56 pm

There are now some beautiful patterns available that I would like to put on my Buick as a replacement.I am concerned about the long term durability as they advertise it as to be used
only in shaded areas.Some of the patterns are very exotic looking and would really look great
on our wagons.
IMHO
Back to top Go down
Cadet57

Cadet57

PostSubject: Re: Was the Olds Custom Cruiser available as a "woodie"?   Was the Olds Custom Cruiser available as a "woodie"? Icon_minitimeSat Jul 16, 2011 7:45 am

Most of the currently available vinyl woodgrains are for interior use. The only ones I know of that is specifically for exterior use are the products from www.woodgrain4wagons.com
Back to top Go down
brokecello
brokecello

PostSubject: Re: Was the Olds Custom Cruiser available as a "woodie"?   Was the Olds Custom Cruiser available as a "woodie"? Icon_minitimeSat Jul 16, 2011 8:20 am

Im planning a rewood on Jade since some panels don't match anymore. Thing I worry about is the tailgate...

Pat did his wagon, but he has a shaved gate
Gonzo (sp) did his wagon, but again a shaved gate.....

That concave area where the plate is has to be tough to do (and have the pattern line up right)

I've already gotten samples from Stripeman.com and like the Cherry Oak one.
Was the Olds Custom Cruiser available as a "woodie"? CherryOak

BTW.I notice that Spripman's kits for the mini SUV's dont cover that concave plate area. Its not an option for us though since GM sprayed brown paint all over that spot (under the clearcoat too)

Was the Olds Custom Cruiser available as a "woodie"? Hhr6002
Was the Olds Custom Cruiser available as a "woodie"? 08XBW
Back to top Go down
http://www.ChrisPowellmusic.com
brokecello
brokecello

PostSubject: Re: Was the Olds Custom Cruiser available as a "woodie"?   Was the Olds Custom Cruiser available as a "woodie"? Icon_minitimeSat Jul 16, 2011 8:27 am

Oh, and there is an OCC local with wood (not factory I know since that was not an option) But it looks pretty nice. Every time I see it I don't have a camera. Ive taken a couple pics with my cell phone, but..eh.

Was the Olds Custom Cruiser available as a "woodie"? OCC_woody2
Was the Olds Custom Cruiser available as a "woodie"? OCC_woody1
Back to top Go down
http://www.ChrisPowellmusic.com
Sprocket

Sprocket

PostSubject: Re: Was the Olds Custom Cruiser available as a "woodie"?   Was the Olds Custom Cruiser available as a "woodie"? Icon_minitimeSat Jul 16, 2011 3:20 pm

phantom 309 wrote:

is the the same thing as guys who've had 9 wagons?

lol!
Back to top Go down
vettfingers

PostSubject: Re: Was the Olds Custom Cruiser available as a "woodie"?   Was the Olds Custom Cruiser available as a "woodie"? Icon_minitimeThu Jul 21, 2011 10:22 pm

Just bought a 94 R.M. with the woodgrain delete pkg. I like it!
Back to top Go down
phantom 309

phantom 309

PostSubject: Re: Was the Olds Custom Cruiser available as a "woodie"?   Was the Olds Custom Cruiser available as a "woodie"? Icon_minitimeThu Jul 21, 2011 11:46 pm

vettfingers wrote:
Just bought a 94 R.M. with the woodgrain delete pkg. I like it!

well you're up to 4 posts now,. and 2 of them are about the car ya just bought,. here's the part where you start a thread by yourself dedicated to the new ride complete with pics,.and a little about yourself and the music you play and on what instrument etc,.

go,... Wink

Nick
Back to top Go down
oldscruiser

oldscruiser

PostSubject: Re: Was the Olds Custom Cruiser available as a "woodie"?   Was the Olds Custom Cruiser available as a "woodie"? Icon_minitimeSat Jul 23, 2011 1:07 am

well, i don't know if wood grain on the OCC was a option, but what I do know is that I have 2 OCC here in fredericksburg Va. that are White with wood grain.
What are the odds of that?
The only thing I can figure, is that the local dealer might have had them made that way, and sold them. Both wagons are driven by old people (older than me) and are in good condition.
As far as looking for full size gm wagons in the area, we seem to have plenty here in the area, and I would assume that is because we live in area that is full of Equestrians.
For what ever reason, these people tend to love their full size wagons.
Back to top Go down
Sponsored content

PostSubject: Re: Was the Olds Custom Cruiser available as a "woodie"?   Was the Olds Custom Cruiser available as a "woodie"? Icon_minitime

Back to top Go down

Was the Olds Custom Cruiser available as a "woodie"?
Page 1 of 1