GM Longroof Forum
Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.

HomeHome  PortalPortal  GalleryGallery  Latest imagesLatest images  SearchSearch  RegisterRegister  Log in  

They're still out there!

Go down 
+3
BigBlackBeaSSt
Lynol
81X11
7 posters
AuthorMessage
81X11

81X11

They're still out there! Empty
PostSubject: They're still out there!   They're still out there! Icon_minitimeFri Jul 22, 2011 11:17 am

One of my buddies here saw this driving up I-35 on his way into work and snapped a pic for me.

Looks like a rougher version of mine. Glad to see another still on the road here.

They're still out there! 07-21-11_1451
Back to top Go down
Lynol

Lynol

PostSubject: Re: They're still out there!   They're still out there! Icon_minitimeFri Jul 22, 2011 11:31 am

Are the B-bodies uncommon around your parts? Here in NJ, they seem to be everywhere. I pass a nicely customized Caprice wagon each day going to work. In fact, a white woody RMW lives right down my street, and in the area there are three black with wood RMWs! Oh, and I'll have to take a pic of the RMW on my street, it will make you CRY. It needs to be taken behind the barn and shot...
Back to top Go down
81X11

81X11

PostSubject: Re: They're still out there!   They're still out there! Icon_minitimeFri Jul 22, 2011 11:46 am

You still see a lot of Caprice sedans and Impala SS's around, but seeing a woody Roadmaster, or any round wagon, on the road is pretty rare.

These wagons didn't sell all that well here because they didn't offer rear a/c......and it takes a long time to cool them down, especially in the rear. Plus as we all know by the time these came out the SUV craze was in full swing.

Texans LOVE Suburban's, Tahoe's and such for towing. And families tended to buy SUV's and minivans which offered dual a/c in the 90's, and were "in style" at the time.

My car gets TONS of attention here simply for the fact that you hardly see them on the road, and they really were not all that common even when new.

-Mike
Back to top Go down
BigBlackBeaSSt

BigBlackBeaSSt

PostSubject: Re: They're still out there!   They're still out there! Icon_minitimeFri Jul 22, 2011 4:29 pm

I travel all over the mid-atlantic states. There seems to be a breeding colony in New Jersey and Eastern PA for the wagons...... Shocked
Back to top Go down

PostSubject: Re: They're still out there!   They're still out there! Icon_minitimeFri Jul 22, 2011 6:01 pm

From the records my 95 RMW spent 10 years up in jersey before coming back south.Body is
completely free of rust and very little surface rust on the frame.That black RMW on ebay is
from jersey and its spotless underneath!
Jim
Back to top Go down
Cadet57

Cadet57

PostSubject: Re: They're still out there!   They're still out there! Icon_minitimeFri Jul 22, 2011 6:04 pm

I tend to see about 4-5 a week. Last week I was at a red light when a '91-92 white sedan pulled up behind me the driver got alongside me and gave me a thumbs up.
Back to top Go down
81X11

81X11

PostSubject: Re: They're still out there!   They're still out there! Icon_minitimeFri Jul 22, 2011 7:53 pm

I'm thinking that one from this morning is the 93 with the lifter tick that I looked at in Georgetown a few weeks back.

-Mike
Back to top Go down
94Woody

94Woody

PostSubject: Re: They're still out there!   They're still out there! Icon_minitimeFri Jul 22, 2011 9:11 pm

Sedans are every where around here. Wagons however are a rare sight. Though I do see a couple at Pull A Part from time to time. They finally got a Caprice wagon on the lot after almost 2 years.

Local Funeral home finally sold their OCC. Some redneck bought it and made a cowl hood with a scoop and some rivets.
Back to top Go down
Sprocket

Sprocket

PostSubject: Re: They're still out there!   They're still out there! Icon_minitimeFri Jul 22, 2011 9:55 pm

81X11 wrote:
I'm thinking that one from this morning is the 93 with the lifter tick that I looked at in Georgetown a few weeks back.

-Mike

could be, it's a TBI car for sure. Notice the roof rack, base of it is body color and no double Basket handles up top (as Jon from NC calls 'em)

I think the wagons sold better in the NE than anywhere else, with Florida not far behind (many NE transplants down here).
Also seems to be quite a few in Southern Cal (50's household dream world, etc.)

I can go days with no spottings, then see 6 different ones in one day, lol. I do drive around town alot as during the day I'm out and about visiting my crew in the field (I know where about a dozen or more live within 5 miles of my house).
Back to top Go down
Lynol

Lynol

PostSubject: Re: They're still out there!   They're still out there! Icon_minitimeFri Jul 22, 2011 10:16 pm

In a week around here I see more last gen B-bodies than I can keep track of, most of them of course are the same ones over and over, but here's some pics of two of one of the FOUR black RMW woody's that live around here. And when I say around here, I mean within the 10 miles between my house and my work. I was told by many black woodys were rare, but I don't believe it anymore. This first one is a '94 and though it's hard to tell 'cause it's a lousy pic, it has a NJ license plate issued prior to 1979 (black on buff color, non-reflective). This one was driven by an old lady. The next one was seen at Pep Boys and is a '96. Pretty beat shape, but it looks like whoever owned it was fixing it up, because it had a book in the front seat on how to overhaul an SBC and as you can see, the rear gate glass has junkyard writing on it, so it must have just been replaced. I don't have pics of the other two, but one was either a '95 or '96 I see parked in a driveway from time to time near my bank. I actually thought it was the one from Pep Boys, seeing as how it was less than a mile from it, but the license plates are different and the hood ornament is gone. It's also a lot less beat! The fourth one I saw was a '91 to '93 of some sort, was sitting for about 2 weeks unplated in the back lot of an RV sales/rental lot that also refurbishes classic cars.
They're still out there! Blackw10
They're still out there! Beatma12
Back to top Go down
Olds Weighty Eight

Olds Weighty Eight

PostSubject: Re: They're still out there!   They're still out there! Icon_minitimeSat Jul 23, 2011 7:40 pm

In the Memphis region there never were very many wagons to begin with. Weird thing is, there were always countless sedans and many Impalas but it's like there was a government bubble B-body round-up in the last couple years because spotting any B-body around here now is unique. Matter of fact, I see more boxy 80s B-bodies than the newer ones.
Back to top Go down
http://www.lakelandraceway.com/friends_garage
Sponsored content

PostSubject: Re: They're still out there!   They're still out there! Icon_minitime

Back to top Go down

They're still out there!
Page 1 of 1

Permissions in this forum:You cannot reply to topics in this forum
GM Longroof Forum :: The Longroof Lounge :: Pics and Video-
Jump to: