GM Longroof Forum
Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.

HomeHome  PortalPortal  GalleryGallery  Latest imagesLatest images  SearchSearch  RegisterRegister  Log in  

It's coming along... slowly...

Go down 
+4
81X11
Sprocket
phantom 309
toomanytoyz
8 posters
AuthorMessage
toomanytoyz

toomanytoyz

It's coming along... slowly... Empty
PostSubject: It's coming along... slowly...   It's coming along... slowly... Icon_minitimeMon Jul 25, 2011 8:36 pm

But it IS the SLODIME, so might as well be!

That certainly looks darker than 20% to me!
It's coming along... slowly... 2011-07-25_19-04-22_73

It's coming along... slowly... 2011-07-25_19-05-09_671

It's coming along... slowly... 2011-07-25_19-05-25_833

It's coming along... slowly... 2011-07-25_19-04-37_348

Tinting it was NOT fun, but it's the first tint job I've attempted over the years that the damn thing ended up with tint on the windows at the end of it all... Wink Usually I get one or two windows attempted and tear 'em off and throw it away and take it somewhere. I got one of the eBay pre-cut tint kits for $14.95 shipped and gave it a shot. I'd say it definately looks 15 bucks better! At least! Very Happy

Got my plates the other day and slapped 'em on. Also over the weekend I fixed the Kenwood CD/MP3/iPod player so it sits flush in the dash, replaced a couple blown bulbs inside, removed the annoying "upshift" bulb from the cluster, replaced the front speakers with some 6.5" Pioneer 3-ways I had kickin around, put Pioneer 4 way 6x9's in boxes in the back that were also in the "I'll use 'em eventually" stash, replaced the horn with one for a big truck from the stockroom at work (sssshhhh!!!!), and installed a mini tach on the column. All standard vehicles should have a tach!

She's a rockin' little beater now, fo' sho'!!!!!

I LOVE this little truck! Very Happy

Almost done. Got a little more paintwork to do and maybe a different set of rims and tires. But DEFINATELY tires. Also need to fix the frame and install the new leaf spring hangers, 3" lowering blocks, 3" front springs, and shocks and sway bar end links... So... Uhm... Maybe not-so-almost-done... Sad
Back to top Go down
phantom 309

phantom 309

PostSubject: Re: It's coming along... slowly...   It's coming along... slowly... Icon_minitimeMon Jul 25, 2011 8:38 pm

work on your wagon foo,. turn the ocd off for a day,.

nick
Back to top Go down
Sprocket

Sprocket

PostSubject: Re: It's coming along... slowly...   It's coming along... slowly... Icon_minitimeMon Jul 25, 2011 8:43 pm

All that is missing is :

It's coming along... slowly... For_sale2
Back to top Go down
toomanytoyz

toomanytoyz

PostSubject: Re: It's coming along... slowly...   It's coming along... slowly... Icon_minitimeMon Jul 25, 2011 8:45 pm

phantom 309 wrote:
work on your wagon foo,. turn the ocd off for a day,.

nick

LOL. I'm not tearing apart a driveable spare car until my other one that is currently in pieces is back together!
Back to top Go down

PostSubject: Re: It's coming along... slowly...   It's coming along... slowly... Icon_minitimeMon Jul 25, 2011 9:53 pm

Tint turned out good Bill,thinking about doing my Roadmaster when the weather breaks.Thats
IF the weather breaks as the pro's are getting $200 bucks for a wagon tint.Thinking of using
the precut 2 ply as thats is suppose to really cut down inside temps.Going to practice on the
toyota truck first.Bill it looks darker than 20% to me too.
Jim
Back to top Go down
81X11

81X11

PostSubject: Re: It's coming along... slowly...   It's coming along... slowly... Icon_minitimeTue Jul 26, 2011 12:29 pm

Looks great! I love those wheels! I'm jealous of your sliding rear window. That's still on my to-do list.

Haven't see a dash pic of yours, but just to pass it on, here's an easy upgrade. My '97 S-10 had full gauges but no tach when I bought it. With a 4.3 and 5-spd stick I wanted a tach, and found a Blazer that had the 4.3 tach cluster and the floor shift (no PRNDL) in the junkyard. Bought it on a whim and it was plug-n-play. No re-wiring, just pulled out the old and popped in the new and had a tach. Nice. Also nabbed the leather-wrapped wheel off that same Blazer.

I LOVE salvage yarding. Very Happy

-Mike
Back to top Go down
toomanytoyz

toomanytoyz

PostSubject: Re: It's coming along... slowly...   It's coming along... slowly... Icon_minitimeTue Jul 26, 2011 3:35 pm

I will snap a pic of the dash when I finish in there. I knew the factory tach clusters were plug and play, but this way I didn't have to worry about the mileage being off and I really like the look of the mini tach on the column. I got a leather wheel out of a lumina and once I SEM it and install it, you'll get pics. Smile
Back to top Go down
Cadet57

Cadet57

PostSubject: Re: It's coming along... slowly...   It's coming along... slowly... Icon_minitimeTue Jul 26, 2011 3:49 pm

Mike, How does a 5spd not have a tach? Great job GM....
Back to top Go down
95BRMW

95BRMW

PostSubject: Re: It's coming along... slowly...   It's coming along... slowly... Icon_minitimeTue Jul 26, 2011 4:06 pm

Cadet57 wrote:

My 87 toyota pickup was the same way. The exhaust was loud enough thanks to a broken pipe that you knew when it was time to shift Very Happy
Back to top Go down

PostSubject: Re: It's coming along... slowly...   It's coming along... slowly... Icon_minitimeTue Jul 26, 2011 4:13 pm

My friend's POS Civic 5 speed doesn't have a tach either.

It's not as uncommon as one might think. It's just weird.
Back to top Go down
Bewber

Bewber

PostSubject: Re: It's coming along... slowly...   It's coming along... slowly... Icon_minitimeTue Jul 26, 2011 4:13 pm

Cadet57 wrote:

Car guys want a tach. The other 95% of the world couldn't care less, so they provided a "SHIFT" light instead.
Back to top Go down
Sprocket

Sprocket

PostSubject: Re: It's coming along... slowly...   It's coming along... slowly... Icon_minitimeTue Jul 26, 2011 8:13 pm

Bewber wrote:

Car guys want a tach. The other 95% of the world couldn't care less, so they provided a "SHIFT" light instead.

my 1970 4speed Chevy Blazer had neither a tach or a shift light. I put a tach on the steering column but with headers and thrush glass packs bolted right up to the headers, I hardly needed one Shocked Used to set car alarms off 2-3 cars away on a cold start. Love that gen 1 350 hee hee hee
Back to top Go down
a1awind

a1awind

PostSubject: Re: It's coming along... slowly...   It's coming along... slowly... Icon_minitimeTue Jul 26, 2011 8:34 pm

Sprocket wrote:
Bewber wrote:

my 1970 4speed Chevy Blazer had neither a tach or a shift light. I put a tach on the steering column but with headers and thrush glass packs bolted right up to the headers, I hardly needed one Shocked Used to set car alarms off 2-3 cars away on a cold start. Love that gen 1 350 hee hee hee

been there too! my comanche had a hole between the manifold and cat. and it was loud as hell no tach needed...but the giant gas guage was stupid!
Back to top Go down
toomanytoyz

toomanytoyz

PostSubject: Re: It's coming along... slowly...   It's coming along... slowly... Icon_minitimeThu Jul 28, 2011 4:49 pm

It's coming along... slowly... 2011-07-27_16-55-04_219

It's coming along... slowly... 2011-07-27_17-40-08_693

It's coming along... slowly... 2011-07-27_19-48-04_62

Back to top Go down

PostSubject: Re: It's coming along... slowly...   It's coming along... slowly... Icon_minitimeThu Jul 28, 2011 5:02 pm

Wow that came out really nice! Let us know how it holds up over time. My wheel needs to be done too.
Back to top Go down
81X11

81X11

PostSubject: Re: It's coming along... slowly...   It's coming along... slowly... Icon_minitimeThu Jul 28, 2011 5:14 pm

Captain Satin rides again......
Back to top Go down
toomanytoyz

toomanytoyz

PostSubject: Re: It's coming along... slowly...   It's coming along... slowly... Icon_minitimeThu Jul 28, 2011 8:07 pm

Well ya can't go gloss on a wheel unless it's wood!

It's coming along... slowly... 2011-07-28_19-55-41_230

It's coming along... slowly... 2011-07-28_19-52-39_411-1

Posting from my phone so i can't see if the pics came out bad or not... But i diggit!
Back to top Go down

PostSubject: Re: It's coming along... slowly...   It's coming along... slowly... Icon_minitimeThu Jul 28, 2011 8:16 pm

Nice! Which SEM did you use?
Back to top Go down
toomanytoyz

toomanytoyz

PostSubject: Re: It's coming along... slowly...   It's coming along... slowly... Icon_minitimeThu Jul 28, 2011 8:20 pm

Uhm... Satin black... (pn 15243)

Duh.. Razz
Back to top Go down

PostSubject: Re: It's coming along... slowly...   It's coming along... slowly... Icon_minitimeThu Jul 28, 2011 8:24 pm

lol Well I only knew of Piano Black and Landau black.

Back to top Go down
81X11

81X11

PostSubject: Re: It's coming along... slowly...   It's coming along... slowly... Icon_minitimeFri Jul 29, 2011 9:58 am

Hmm....that has the old GM steering column.... 94...no air bag. I see said the blind man.....
Back to top Go down
toomanytoyz

toomanytoyz

PostSubject: Re: It's coming along... slowly...   It's coming along... slowly... Icon_minitimeSun Aug 14, 2011 9:21 pm

I think it's done...

It's coming along... slowly... 0812111507b

It's coming along... slowly... 0812111837-1

It's coming along... slowly... 0812111507

Thanks Ant, for the frame work and altitude adjustment! Smile

Just need to have Donovan spring replace my leaf shackles an it's done!

An NO!!!!! It's NOT for sale!!!!!!

(yet)

Last edited by toomanytoyz on Sun Aug 14, 2011 9:51 pm; edited 1 time in total
Back to top Go down
Cadet57

Cadet57

PostSubject: Re: It's coming along... slowly...   It's coming along... slowly... Icon_minitimeSun Aug 14, 2011 9:22 pm

toomanytoyz wrote:

An NO!!!!! It's NOT for sale!!!!!!

Yet....

Wink
Back to top Go down
Sprocket

Sprocket

PostSubject: Re: It's coming along... slowly...   It's coming along... slowly... Icon_minitimeSun Aug 14, 2011 9:41 pm

^^^^Lmao

Looks good Bro, I'd rock it all day long....

Last edited by Sprocket on Sun Aug 14, 2011 9:43 pm; edited 1 time in total
Back to top Go down

PostSubject: Re: It's coming along... slowly...   It's coming along... slowly... Icon_minitimeSun Aug 14, 2011 9:42 pm

Tomorrow tbh.
Back to top Go down
toomanytoyz

toomanytoyz

PostSubject: Re: It's coming along... slowly...   It's coming along... slowly... Icon_minitimeSun Aug 14, 2011 9:51 pm

Stingroo wrote:
Tomorrow tbh.

???
Back to top Go down

PostSubject: Re: It's coming along... slowly...   It's coming along... slowly... Icon_minitimeMon Aug 15, 2011 7:39 am

tbh = to be honest.

Back to top Go down

PostSubject: Re: It's coming along... slowly...   It's coming along... slowly... Icon_minitimeMon Aug 15, 2011 2:02 pm

Definitely sittin pretty!
JG
Back to top Go down
81X11

81X11

PostSubject: Re: It's coming along... slowly...   It's coming along... slowly... Icon_minitimeMon Aug 15, 2011 4:44 pm

Love those wheels! Looks great!

Hey keep in mind GM made a factory air dam with fog lights for these. Used on the S-10 SS and also a lot of Blazers. It's a mod I've been wanting to do on mine, and would be easy. Lots of these are still in the salvage yards. That would look awesome on your truck.....if you decide to keep it.

-Mike
Back to top Go down
toomanytoyz

toomanytoyz

PostSubject: Re: It's coming along... slowly...   It's coming along... slowly... Icon_minitimeWed Aug 17, 2011 8:58 pm

Thanks. But I actually like it just the way it is. Headlights work fine, so no need for fogs. Bring back the sealed Halogen lights!!!! Wink
Back to top Go down

PostSubject: Re: It's coming along... slowly...   It's coming along... slowly... Icon_minitimeWed Aug 17, 2011 10:30 pm

Bill tell your passenger to sit up straight and smile!She looks really mad at somebody or maybe
a little embarrassed to be seen with you!
JimG
Back to top Go down
Sponsored content

PostSubject: Re: It's coming along... slowly...   It's coming along... slowly... Icon_minitime

Back to top Go down

It's coming along... slowly...
Page 1 of 1