GM Longroof Forum
Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.

HomeHome  PortalPortal  GalleryGallery  Latest imagesLatest images  SearchSearch  RegisterRegister  Log in  

Parting out a BRMW, with "rare" Ruby Red interior. Are some of you guys kidding?

Go down 
+9
TylerW
Fred Kiehl
lakeffect
phantom 309
Bewber
Sprocket
200OZ
toomanytoyz
honeybunnyii
13 posters
AuthorMessage
honeybunnyii

Parting out a BRMW, with "rare" Ruby Red interior. Are some of you guys kidding? Empty
PostSubject: Parting out a BRMW, with "rare" Ruby Red interior. Are some of you guys kidding?   Parting out a BRMW, with "rare" Ruby Red interior. Are some of you guys kidding? Icon_minitimeTue Jul 26, 2011 9:33 am

I'm supposed to pack the parts, ship them, insure them, for less then what the mechanic is going to charge me to take them off?

Everyone wants one side of something, just the driver door panel not the passenger. Well, I guess that is because the driver side would be more worn? Want it for $25? $50 for the seats? Give me the steel side panels, not all of them just a few? Really then what am I left with? Oh, yes, throw in the back vinyl/wood where the plate is too. Any suggestions on how I'm going to get that off in one piece and send it?

Last call on reasonable offers or off she goes to salvage, after I cherry pick all the good stuff off and keep it for myself.

Yes, this is a bit snarky, but so are all the cheap requests for having me remove and ship parts some of you folks need.

Please put your self in my position, would you go to all the trouble to remove and ship these parts for peanuts?
Think of those costs if you make me an offer. Thanks
Back to top Go down
toomanytoyz

toomanytoyz

Parting out a BRMW, with "rare" Ruby Red interior. Are some of you guys kidding? Empty
PostSubject: Re: Parting out a BRMW, with "rare" Ruby Red interior. Are some of you guys kidding?   Parting out a BRMW, with "rare" Ruby Red interior. Are some of you guys kidding? Icon_minitimeTue Jul 26, 2011 10:11 am

Do you think your old car is plated in gold? The guys here offer you a fair price, prices that we pay for these parts amongst each other and at boneyards. We take care of each other here.

You will not make money stripping a car if you have to pay a mechanic to remove the stuff.

You have a 15 year old car with low valued spare parts... What were you expecting?

Smh
Back to top Go down
200OZ
200OZ

PostSubject: Re: Parting out a BRMW, with "rare" Ruby Red interior. Are some of you guys kidding?   Parting out a BRMW, with "rare" Ruby Red interior. Are some of you guys kidding? Icon_minitimeTue Jul 26, 2011 10:26 am

honeybunnyii wrote:

Please put your self in my position, would you go to all the trouble to remove and ship these parts for peanuts?
Think of those costs if you make me an offer. Thanks

Yes, we do strip cars and sell the parts off for peanuts. We do however do all or most of our own work, so we are one up on you in that respect.
We love these cars and just want them to last a little longer, weather it's our car or a friends car. And remember, these are 15-20 year old station
wagons, they are not 1970 Chevelles, or '66 427 Vettes. We drive these cars partially because we are all broke to some extent. So yeah, we help
each other out as much as we can. I'm not saying you should take a loss, but you won't get rich off of us. Wink It's too bad about your car, and hopefully
some of it can live on in another.

Mike
Back to top Go down
Sprocket

Sprocket

PostSubject: Re: Parting out a BRMW, with "rare" Ruby Red interior. Are some of you guys kidding?   Parting out a BRMW, with "rare" Ruby Red interior. Are some of you guys kidding? Icon_minitimeTue Jul 26, 2011 10:44 am

all that said, if you are going to sell it to a salvage yard for a few hundred, I think there are guys here that live somewhat nearby or on the impalassfourm.com who would be willing to give you a bit more than scrap price for the whole car and they would strip it or fix it up.

Back to top Go down
honeybunnyii

PostSubject: Parting out 1995 BRMW 'come on, you wouldn't like it if someone did it too you.   Parting out a BRMW, with "rare" Ruby Red interior. Are some of you guys kidding? Icon_minitimeTue Jul 26, 2011 11:09 am

Offer someone $10 for an antenna, $50 for seats. (Like I can haul 'em all by myself, but hey, I'm getting rich off you guys.)

I drive these cars because I love them too, and, they are all I can afford. It certainly not my intention to gouge anyone, but, I don't want to be killed trying to part out a car. Two local salvage companies will give me $575 as she sits. I can swap out the seats, tires, wheels, and still have $575.

My mechanic has a guy interested in the engine for $600. I offered the car here to give you folks a chance at some parts.

The really low ball offers have put me off. I'm not trying to screw anyone, I have to cover the cost of removing them and at the end of the day not have a shell of crap that I can't get rid of.

The getting rich off of you folks remarks are BS.

Cash for clunkers has taken many of these cars out. Guy called looking for a fuel regulator can't find the part.

So if you have a FAIR offer please make it now, Woodward Dream Cruse is in a few weeks maybe someone would like an LT1? I'm out $2400 on a car I drove for two months factor that in your $10 for a part offers. cyclops
Back to top Go down
Bewber

Bewber

PostSubject: Re: Parting out a BRMW, with "rare" Ruby Red interior. Are some of you guys kidding?   Parting out a BRMW, with "rare" Ruby Red interior. Are some of you guys kidding? Icon_minitimeTue Jul 26, 2011 11:20 am

Paying a mechanic is a no-win deal for parting out. I'm only about an hour away, and could probably help with the removals for everyone if that'd help.

I'm not free either though. I'd probably need like a PB&J sammich, or a fluffernutter, and a couple glasses of red flavored kool-aid for my troubles.

Not till next week though.
Back to top Go down
phantom 309

phantom 309

PostSubject: Re: Parting out a BRMW, with "rare" Ruby Red interior. Are some of you guys kidding?   Parting out a BRMW, with "rare" Ruby Red interior. Are some of you guys kidding? Icon_minitimeTue Jul 26, 2011 9:30 pm

honeybunnyii wrote:
O

The really low ball offers have put me off. I'm not trying to screw anyone,

Take the 600 for the motor, offer the trans the ecm wheels and tires etc on craigslist,.,. get the mechanic to pull the parts,.give him the shell for scrap,..move on.

You didn't have insurance? you settled for too little?

you don't like the prices offered you don't need to accept them,. publicly crying about private offers will not make you popular,.
Some thing about your posts,. irks me,.
One minute you act like a newbie,. the next you're quoting wagon option codes,.
Now you have a mercenary attitude about parts,.

Honeybunnii 2 eh?

I,m done with you,.

Nick.
You can call me SIR, because i,m feeling friendly.

Back to top Go down
toomanytoyz

toomanytoyz

PostSubject: Re: Parting out a BRMW, with "rare" Ruby Red interior. Are some of you guys kidding?   Parting out a BRMW, with "rare" Ruby Red interior. Are some of you guys kidding? Icon_minitimeTue Jul 26, 2011 11:34 pm

You actually made me LOL, Nick. Wink
Back to top Go down
honeybunnyii

PostSubject: Re: Parting out a BRMW, with "rare" Ruby Red interior. Are some of you guys kidding?   Parting out a BRMW, with "rare" Ruby Red interior. Are some of you guys kidding? Icon_minitimeWed Jul 27, 2011 8:37 am

Nick, so glad you are around to take my inventory. How did I ever manage with out you. Thanks for the nice "shame on you" implication you love to lay on anyone who will let you." You're done with me? I'm so crushed.

As far as the codes go, I found out how to find them on this forum. See, I actually read what has been posted. Then "gasp" I utilize that knowledge.

The private messages asking for parts scream, this chick is stupid and I'll have her tear apart this car, she'll never know what hit her. HA HA. Yep, that is how some of you roll and you know it's true.

I was at the garage yesterday, see its a hang out for many old car, muscle car, buffs here in Detroit. Amazing, they know about an LT1 engine! Ya know, nobody wants those. They know about prices for parts, gee...... Found out $10 for the non working antenna was fair, if the guy came here and pulled the part.
Which is another post.

I'll figure out what to do with the car. To you guys who sent private messages and were respectful, reasonable with your requests and prices Christmas sometimes happens in July. Basketball
Back to top Go down
lakeffect

lakeffect

PostSubject: Re: Parting out a BRMW, with "rare" Ruby Red interior. Are some of you guys kidding?   Parting out a BRMW, with "rare" Ruby Red interior. Are some of you guys kidding? Icon_minitimeWed Jul 27, 2011 9:04 am

Parting out a car is dirty, greasy gritty work. Having to pay someone else to do the work is likely counterproductive, no way to come even on that situation. Grab a wrench and take off wehat you can yourself.

As stated we are here to help each other, be it advice or parts, and it's done for the betterment of the community. We can all appreciate that you are trying to break even on the deal, but unless you are willing to grab a wrench instead of paying someone else, there's only a slim chance of that happening.

You can get more by parting out in the long run, IF you do the work yourself. Most people would expect to pay for shipping, but can't be faulted for trying to get a better deal. Nobody really cars if it's a male or female who owns the car. It's not Ferrari parts, and none of us are rich Geezers, just geezers.

So my advice is that you need to make a decision as to whether you are willing to spend your time by pulling parts yourself to cover for losses better, or get the thing out of your sight by selling it off whole. I'd sell it to a forum member before I'd sell it to a boneyard. At least you know the parts will get redistributed to people who have need for them.

Dave Buchholz, Rochester NY

Back to top Go down
honeybunnyii

PostSubject: Re: Parting out a BRMW, with "rare" Ruby Red interior. Are some of you guys kidding?   Parting out a BRMW, with "rare" Ruby Red interior. Are some of you guys kidding? Icon_minitimeWed Jul 27, 2011 9:52 am

Hey,folks, meant no disrespect. I don't have a tool box full of tools to take this stuff off with. I'm sure I would break some of the stuff trying to pull it off as is.

The car is just off Woodward Ave, near Pontiac, Michigan. If your coming up for the Dream Cruse drop me a line. The garage where the car is has many other "crusers" who hang out, some expressing interest in the engine. I'm trying to figure out the best way to go. If anyone out there wants this car whole, for parts, contact me now, I'm sure we could come to a better deal then the government is on the debt ceiling. LOL

The back of the car and the interior are in really great shape, like a 8 or better. I have touched nothing but I am swapping out the front seat, replacing it with the non-lumbar Ruby Red seats in the 1996. there is a man here locally who has a Ruby Red leather front seats for sale with both lumbar and heated for $300, if you would like that. I can forward you his e-mail.

Just trying to "get her done". Got a lemon, (meaning the accident) and trying to make lemonade. If I could get $700 she's out of here. Smile Smile
Back to top Go down
Fred Kiehl

Fred Kiehl

PostSubject: Re: Parting out a BRMW, with "rare" Ruby Red interior. Are some of you guys kidding?   Parting out a BRMW, with "rare" Ruby Red interior. Are some of you guys kidding? Icon_minitimeThu Jul 28, 2011 8:32 pm

honeybunnyii wrote:
Offer someone $10 for an antenna, $50 for seats. (Like I can haul 'em all by myself, but hey, I'm getting rich off you guys.)

I drive these cars because I love them too, and, they are all I can afford. It certainly not my intention to gouge anyone, but, I don't want to be killed trying to part out a car. Two local salvage companies will give me $575 as she sits. I can swap out the seats, tires, wheels, and still have $575.

My mechanic has a guy interested in the engine for $600. I offered the car here to give you folks a chance at some parts.

The really low ball offers have put me off. I'm not trying to screw anyone, I have to cover the cost of removing them and at the end of the day not have a shell of crap that I can't get rid of.

The getting rich off of you folks remarks are BS.

Cash for clunkers has taken many of these cars out. Guy called looking for a fuel regulator can't find the part.

So if you have a FAIR offer please make it now, Woodward Dream Cruse is in a few weeks maybe someone would like an LT1? I'm out $2400 on a car I drove for two months factor that in your $10 for a part offers. cyclops

I offered $10 for the non working one off of your new car, when you swap it out with the good one on your old car (that is a standing offer).

Yeah these guys are on a shoestring. They will price it as low as they think they can get it for. Check my parts thread for an idea of what parts are worth. I sell numerous parts to these guys. My parts are priced with shipping, because I, pretty much, know how much it will cost me. Big pieces can be sent by Greyhound to the nearest depot. If you want to see how much they are paying for the parts, you can go to http://lkqselfserve.com/FindaLocation/LKQFloridaSelfServeAutoParts/tabid/174/Default.aspx to get pick and pull prices. They have to pull the part with their own labor. Add what you and your mechanic want, and that is the price. A full service yard locally wants $150 for a door, or tailgate complete, and you have to pick it up (you can ship one for about $70 Greyhound). Some stuff isn't worth the time to remove it.

If the rear quarters are rust free, and you can cut them off, they will sell for $100+ each plus shipping. Pull all the trim, and sell it piece by piece. You will make a lot more that way than all at once. You may sit on it for a while, but it is money in the bank. The panels behind the window on the rear door are easy to remove, and valuable (two screws and it pulls off...don't break a nail). Stripping a car is dirty, and mechanics charge for their work. Easy to remove parts make the most money...all obvious deductions.

Yeah, the driver's side door panel is the prime one. Make counter offers if you think the price is too low. Most of these guys will work with you, especially on rare parts.

BTW, do not pay too much attention to nick, he has an issue, and we all know he is going to give everybody a difficult time. clown

Take the $600 for the engine, but make them pull it themselves (no cost to you). I would monitor them, so that they do not cut up the harness, just in case someone wants it. Grab the computer, the pick and pull yards just raised the price to $45. That would give you almost the $700 you want. The trans should get you another $100-150. The rest you can price accordingly. Let your mechanic make a little and price it so that you make something for your kindness. santa
Back to top Go down
TylerW

PostSubject: Re: Parting out a BRMW, with "rare" Ruby Red interior. Are some of you guys kidding?   Parting out a BRMW, with "rare" Ruby Red interior. Are some of you guys kidding? Icon_minitimeThu Jul 28, 2011 8:42 pm

If I were in your shoes I wouldn't waste another minute of my time trying to do people a favor by taking parts off that car, especially after smarmy comments like, "do you think it's plated in Gold".

Well, it may not be, but it obviously has things several people need, doesn't it? So, yes, that puts the OWNER in the position of dictating price.

Not trying to bash people, but I have learned that people need parts because most of the time they didn't get off their BEE-hind and expend time and energy to go find them. Therefore don't be made to feel sorry for anyone.

I would list it for sale COMPLETE in the salvage parts car category of eBay and make your money that way. Let somebody else deal with the parts removal.
Back to top Go down
honeybunnyii

PostSubject: Thanks for all the great ideas.   Parting out a BRMW, with "rare" Ruby Red interior. Are some of you guys kidding? Icon_minitimeSun Jul 31, 2011 11:28 am

If your coming up for the Dream Cruise drop me a line I can point you in the right direction for flea markets, shopping, restaurants. Thanks, Lisa sunny sunny
Back to top Go down
Cadet57

Cadet57

PostSubject: Re: Parting out a BRMW, with "rare" Ruby Red interior. Are some of you guys kidding?   Parting out a BRMW, with "rare" Ruby Red interior. Are some of you guys kidding? Icon_minitimeSun Jul 31, 2011 4:33 pm

This thread went well.... Rolling Eyes
Back to top Go down
honeybunnyii

PostSubject: Re: Parting out a BRMW, with "rare" Ruby Red interior. Are some of you guys kidding?   Parting out a BRMW, with "rare" Ruby Red interior. Are some of you guys kidding? Icon_minitimeMon Aug 01, 2011 8:50 am

"this post went well" Rolling Eyes

What were you hoping for? Fist fight? Rolling Eyes Rolling Eyes Rolling Eyes Rolling Eyes Rolling Eyes

Sorry to disappoint.

But really...how did you want this post to go? Gang pile, arm twist, give us the parts for $100?

Please explain. Question
Back to top Go down
Cadet57

Cadet57

PostSubject: Re: Parting out a BRMW, with "rare" Ruby Red interior. Are some of you guys kidding?   Parting out a BRMW, with "rare" Ruby Red interior. Are some of you guys kidding? Icon_minitimeMon Aug 01, 2011 8:58 am

honeybunnyii wrote:
"this post went well" Rolling Eyes

What were you hoping for? Fist fight? Rolling Eyes Rolling Eyes Rolling Eyes Rolling Eyes Rolling Eyes

Sorry to disappoint.

But really...how did you want this post to go? Gang pile, arm twist, give us the parts for $100?

Please explain. Question

Well this thread has run the gamut from you thinking we're trying to rip you off, then trying not to be the bad guy. Others then call those of us who need parts lazy. I'll give him a clue, we're not. It took me a year to find quarter panels for my car and that took going to JY's as far as 90-100 miles away, in addition to everything else going on in my life. Then we have someone else come in and say we're cheap and don't want to pay what the parts are worth. So based on this thread it seems some people here think those of us that want parts are cheap, lazy, rip off artists who like to take advantage of other members. Well I got news for you and everyone else who came in to do nothing but bash and whine, if you headed up to NY on Saturday you would have seen about 25 other wagon owners who spent the afternoon having a great time and didn't rip each other off when they swapped some parts. Hell, I went home with a bunch of free stuff! And the fact that your last post did nothing to help your case. I now also know not to deal with you. Because, after all. I don't want to rip you off. I mean really, I could have gotten the message with one Rolling Eyes, but I appreciate the other four you just had to throw in.
Back to top Go down
DBeaSSt
Admin
DBeaSSt

PostSubject: Re: Parting out a BRMW, with "rare" Ruby Red interior. Are some of you guys kidding?   Parting out a BRMW, with "rare" Ruby Red interior. Are some of you guys kidding? Icon_minitimeMon Aug 01, 2011 9:41 am

I think the points have been made here. Let's move on folks.
Back to top Go down
http://www.prosise.name
Fred Kiehl

Fred Kiehl

PostSubject: Re: Parting out a BRMW, with "rare" Ruby Red interior. Are some of you guys kidding?   Parting out a BRMW, with "rare" Ruby Red interior. Are some of you guys kidding? Icon_minitimeMon Aug 01, 2011 10:53 am

If someone wants a part, give them a price on the part, and if they want it they can just send you the money. That way you do not get into a sparing match, you sell parts. and make money. Those who are willing to pay the price will pony up, and they will be happy. It is the penny pincher, who does not get the part, and ultimately suffers without it, who is the loser. That is how the capitalist system works. You should not be offended by low offers, give them the "best price you can" and go on. This is an opportunity to get some cash, to ease the pain of losing your toy. Nobody is necessarily lazy, but some are looking for things on the cheap. I am a negotiator by nature, and I do not get upset with an unacceptable offer, I just counter it with what I am willing to do at that time. I expect a counter to my counter, and on it goes. It can be fun, if you don't let your ego get in the way. You can even act insulted, but it is part of the game. If you have a rare commodity you are in the driver seat, so to speak.

Most of all do not let anyone antagonize you with retoric. Those who do are not worth your time. I will gladly work with you. I think you are a fair person, and are not trying to rip anyone off. Those who do not want to work with you, only hurt themselves.
Back to top Go down
oldscruiser

oldscruiser

PostSubject: Re: Parting out a BRMW, with "rare" Ruby Red interior. Are some of you guys kidding?   Parting out a BRMW, with "rare" Ruby Red interior. Are some of you guys kidding? Icon_minitimeMon Aug 01, 2011 11:11 am

sooooo..., how bout them Gators, football is around the corner!

How's that for a segway? Very Happy

Parting out a BRMW, with "rare" Ruby Red interior. Are some of you guys kidding? Florida_gators-786
Back to top Go down
phantom 309

phantom 309

PostSubject: Re: Parting out a BRMW, with "rare" Ruby Red interior. Are some of you guys kidding?   Parting out a BRMW, with "rare" Ruby Red interior. Are some of you guys kidding? Icon_minitimeMon Aug 01, 2011 12:02 pm

Fred Kiehl wrote:

Most of all do not let anyone antagonize you with retoric. Those who do are not worth your time. I will gladly work with you. I think you are a fair person, and are not trying to rip anyone off. Those who do not want to work with you, only hurt themselves.

Attaboy Fred.
Back to top Go down
TylerW

PostSubject: Re: Parting out a BRMW, with "rare" Ruby Red interior. Are some of you guys kidding?   Parting out a BRMW, with "rare" Ruby Red interior. Are some of you guys kidding? Icon_minitimeMon Aug 01, 2011 7:49 pm

The only thing you will make enough money on out of that car to make it somewhat worth your while is the LT1 engine. The small stuff isn't worth it at all unless somebody wants to come buy the entire interior, which they won't.

It was nice of you to offer to the board but it's like selling to your brother-in-law....everyone wants a "buddy deal" "Sad to see it wrecked" and "I wish I could _____" and "I really could use ____" are purely emotional comments and don't translate into "I'm coming to get ____ with cash in hand"

I would offer it for sale whole, give it one week and if nobody throws you some money then get rid of it and move on. I know I seem like a hard A, but I sell a lot of cheap cars and even the nicest people will try to "steal" something if they can.
Back to top Go down
honeybunnyii

PostSubject: Re: Parting out a BRMW, with "rare" Ruby Red interior. Are some of you guys kidding?   Parting out a BRMW, with "rare" Ruby Red interior. Are some of you guys kidding? Icon_minitimeMon Aug 22, 2011 8:46 am

Follow up: Sold the entire car to a guy who has a 1993 Buick Roadmaster Wagon that is rusted out badly in the back, he is going to put the front on this one and put her back on the road. Glad she won't be sitting in a junk yard.
Back to top Go down
81X11

81X11

PostSubject: Re: Parting out a BRMW, with "rare" Ruby Red interior. Are some of you guys kidding?   Parting out a BRMW, with "rare" Ruby Red interior. Are some of you guys kidding? Icon_minitimeMon Aug 22, 2011 10:17 am

cheers

Glad to see another one saved!!
Back to top Go down
Sponsored content

PostSubject: Re: Parting out a BRMW, with "rare" Ruby Red interior. Are some of you guys kidding?   Parting out a BRMW, with "rare" Ruby Red interior. Are some of you guys kidding? Icon_minitime

Back to top Go down

Parting out a BRMW, with "rare" Ruby Red interior. Are some of you guys kidding?
Page 1 of 1