GM Longroof Forum
Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.

HomeHome  PortalPortal  GalleryGallery  Latest imagesLatest images  SearchSearch  RegisterRegister  Log in  

The what are you doing instead of WF thread

Go down 
+13
lakeffect
sherlock9c1
oldscruiser
Nick Danger
JoeT
rh96ss
Olds Weighty Eight
BOBBYWAYNE
81X11
buickestate
occupant
Krzdimond
Sprocket
17 posters
AuthorMessage
Sprocket

Sprocket

The what are you doing instead of WF thread Empty
PostSubject: The what are you doing instead of WF thread   The what are you doing instead of WF thread Icon_minitimeFri Jul 29, 2011 8:48 pm

For those of use who won't be there, it'll be pretty quiet on here the next two days.....

Right now I'm watching the three stooges with my little girl....
Back to top Go down

PostSubject: Re: The what are you doing instead of WF thread   The what are you doing instead of WF thread Icon_minitimeFri Jul 29, 2011 9:02 pm

Working all weekend, and considering hacking my driver's seat down to a bucket as a temp solution for my console mod.

Then packing to go back to college on the 7th.
Back to top Go down
Krzdimond
Admin
Krzdimond

PostSubject: Re: The what are you doing instead of WF thread   The what are you doing instead of WF thread Icon_minitimeFri Jul 29, 2011 9:31 pm

Working, working, working...... 39 hours in 3 days and looks like another 13 hour day tomorrow.....

At least I'm off on Sunday..... wait, been raining all week so the lawn will need to be mowed.....
Back to top Go down
occupant

occupant

PostSubject: Re: The what are you doing instead of WF thread   The what are you doing instead of WF thread Icon_minitimeFri Jul 29, 2011 9:46 pm

With luck, the local self-service yard will be open on Saturdays and I'll get to go search for acceptable carpet/seat replacements for my Torino. I will also attempt to get a driver's seat, cluster lens, and left taillight for my wife's Durango.

Also, I found a copper '79 Impala wagon for $900 in Amarillo and I'm waiting on the guy to call me back. If he could take $600, I could swing it and pre-empt the Suburban need for awhile without my wife's approval.
Back to top Go down
http://mybeaterworld.com
buickestate
buickestate

PostSubject: Re: The what are you doing instead of WF thread   The what are you doing instead of WF thread Icon_minitimeFri Jul 29, 2011 9:54 pm

working in the am half day, then working on the dodge got all the parts finally!
I would also like to find the time to work on pulling more parts out of the parts wagon

Back to top Go down
81X11

81X11

PostSubject: Re: The what are you doing instead of WF thread   The what are you doing instead of WF thread Icon_minitimeFri Jul 29, 2011 11:45 pm

Pulled the seats and front bow pads out of my boat and dropped them off to be recovered with my uphostery guy after work today. My Dad is going in with me and he cut out new wood bases to replace the water-damaged old ones.

Tomorrow morning I'm heading to the "Captain Mac's" boat salvage yard to look for a used starter, since mine drags when it gets hot, and just to check out the salvage boats. Change of pace.

THEN I'm taking my 88 Cutlass to be inspected. This is the last year it has to pass smog, and as soon as it passes and I get my new window sticker, it's going to my buddy Troung's shop and we're going to start pulling the gutless and oil-pressure-less 307 over the next few weekends. I get my 71 350 next Friday.....woo-hoo!

Tomorrow afternoon, before taking the Cutlass to Troung's, I'm taking the annoying flashing/dancing screen Pioneer CD player out and installing a factory correct Delco cassette, and then will spend Sunday morning putting the Pioneer in the boat, where it can dance all it wants, and then looking around Criagslist for some cheap speakers to replace the Wal-Mart junk in the boat now.

Tomorrow evening I'm planning to go to the new cruise-in spot and check out the turn-out in my Roady.

I'm trying to keep busy so I don't have to think about missing Wagonfest!!

-Mike
Back to top Go down
BOBBYWAYNE

BOBBYWAYNE

PostSubject: Re: The what are you doing instead of WF thread   The what are you doing instead of WF thread Icon_minitimeSat Jul 30, 2011 12:50 am

Replacing the relays and wires to my cooling fan and CSR elecrtric water pump after my relays melted. Turns out I got ahold of some bad second hand wire that I used to wire it up with. Shame on me for trying to save a dollar. Now to see if I can find a good class 3 hitch. I cant wait to see some pics from WF this year. And maybe some great vids on Youtube ....... Hint Hint to all the lucky ones getting to attend. Sad
Back to top Go down
Olds Weighty Eight

Olds Weighty Eight

PostSubject: Re: The what are you doing instead of WF thread   The what are you doing instead of WF thread Icon_minitimeSat Jul 30, 2011 1:58 am

I'm going to flush the radiator and coolant system on the Cruiser this weekend. I'll also inspect/clean/replace the low coolant sensor because the other day it barked at me three separate times yet system is at the correct level, albeit pretty nasty. scratch
Back to top Go down
http://www.lakelandraceway.com/friends_garage
rh96ss

PostSubject: Re: The what are you doing instead of WF thread   The what are you doing instead of WF thread Icon_minitimeSat Jul 30, 2011 2:37 am

Monthly tour of the same Asian destinations.....
Back to top Go down
JoeT

JoeT

PostSubject: Re: The what are you doing instead of WF thread   The what are you doing instead of WF thread Icon_minitimeSat Jul 30, 2011 9:14 am

Going out to fix the horns on my 91 Caprice right now....it kinda sounds like the bleat of a newborn lamb.

If that doesn't take too long, I'll move on to removing many years of paint oxidation from the Bonneville. Test spots look surprisingly good!

Then over to Woodward for a look at the crowds & cars. Dream Cruise is August 20, but the parade's already going strong...
Back to top Go down
Sprocket

Sprocket

PostSubject: Re: The what are you doing instead of WF thread   The what are you doing instead of WF thread Icon_minitimeSat Jul 30, 2011 9:26 am

pricing airfare to Flint in late Aug...
Back to top Go down
Nick Danger

Nick Danger

PostSubject: Re: The what are you doing instead of WF thread   The what are you doing instead of WF thread Icon_minitimeSat Jul 30, 2011 9:56 am

I had my wisdom teeth pulled out on this week. Tomorrow, we're having a couples dinner with friends that we've had scheduled for months. I guess I'll be ordering soft foods.

I'm healing up nicely. I took a sick day on Thursday, left work after four hours yesterday, and I expect that I'll be at work all 12 hours today.
Back to top Go down
http://www.unseengallery.com
oldscruiser

oldscruiser

PostSubject: Re: The what are you doing instead of WF thread   The what are you doing instead of WF thread Icon_minitimeSat Jul 30, 2011 10:59 am

Leading a revolt in a third world country, then installing my own dictator, and making a law that only wagons be driven on the road between the hours of 8am to 8pm.
My dictator will be fair, giving other models a chance to get around after dark for a equal 12 hours. : )
Back to top Go down
occupant

occupant

PostSubject: Re: The what are you doing instead of WF thread   The what are you doing instead of WF thread Icon_minitimeSat Jul 30, 2011 11:11 am

JoeT wrote:
Going out to fix the horns on my 91 Caprice right now....it kinda sounds like the bleat of a newborn lamb.

If that doesn't take too long, I'll move on to removing many years of paint oxidation from the Bonneville. Test spots look surprisingly good!

Then over to Woodward for a look at the crowds & cars. Dream Cruise is August 20, but the parade's already going strong...

Definitely looking forward to seeing this G polished up. I've missed several opportunities in my life to own Bonnie G sedans, but you managed to find a wagon, and it'll look awesome no matter what!
Back to top Go down
oldscruiser

oldscruiser

PostSubject: Re: The what are you doing instead of WF thread   The what are you doing instead of WF thread Icon_minitimeSat Jul 30, 2011 1:49 pm

JoeT wrote:

Nice pontiac wagon, any additional photos?
Been looking for a nice 71 lemans wagon for years (affordable) but they seem to be in the same league as the rare rainbow unicorns.
Back to top Go down
occupant

occupant

PostSubject: Re: The what are you doing instead of WF thread   The what are you doing instead of WF thread Icon_minitimeSat Jul 30, 2011 1:53 pm

My wife has again changed up the plan. She got a $47 night at the Holiday Inn. After taxes it's $60. It would cost us $14 times 7 people, or $98, to go to the water park. So we'll swim at the hotel pool, stay the night, relax, enjoy the breakfast, and then go home happy.

And knowing it's a Holiday Inn, I might be smarter when I leave.
Back to top Go down
sherlock9c1

PostSubject: Re: The what are you doing instead of WF thread   The what are you doing instead of WF thread Icon_minitimeSat Jul 30, 2011 7:00 pm

Well, I wish I wasn't posting in this thread, but I got hit with a terrible stomach bug that totally laid me out today. This is the first WF I have EVER missed. Let me just tell you how terrible it is to be huddled on the couch, looking outside and seeing a beautiful day and knowing that tons of wagony goodness is only an hour away and I can't even go more than 10 feet from the bathroom. I haven't been this sick in 14 years.

Fortunately I got to see a lot of folks yesterday though. That racetrack experience was fantastic even at ... uh.. 55mph.
Back to top Go down

PostSubject: Re: The what are you doing instead of WF thread   The what are you doing instead of WF thread Icon_minitimeSat Jul 30, 2011 7:16 pm

Feel better real soon and drink plenty of fluids,Joel and dont decide to go tomorrow just because
you are feeling a little better.
Jim Gordon
Back to top Go down

PostSubject: Re: The what are you doing instead of WF thread   The what are you doing instead of WF thread Icon_minitimeSat Jul 30, 2011 7:22 pm

As for my day I have been working on the house AC unit all day.Happy to say its cooling like a
brand new unit again.
Jim
Back to top Go down
lakeffect

lakeffect

PostSubject: Re: The what are you doing instead of WF thread   The what are you doing instead of WF thread Icon_minitimeSat Jul 30, 2011 8:01 pm

JoeT wrote:
Going out to fix the horns on my 91 Caprice right now....it kinda sounds like the bleat of a newborn lamb...

Can I have the horn?

I want it so BAAAAADDD!
Back to top Go down
JoeT

JoeT

PostSubject: Re: The what are you doing instead of WF thread   The what are you doing instead of WF thread Icon_minitimeSat Jul 30, 2011 10:27 pm

lakeffect wrote:
JoeT wrote:
Going out to fix the horns on my 91 Caprice right now....it kinda sounds like the bleat of a newborn lamb...

Can I have the horn?

I want it so BAAAAADDD!

I could shepherd it your way but ewe might not like it... jocolor
Back to top Go down
JoeT

JoeT

PostSubject: Re: The what are you doing instead of WF thread   The what are you doing instead of WF thread Icon_minitimeSat Jul 30, 2011 10:59 pm

oldscruiser wrote:
JoeT wrote:

Nice pontiac wagon, any additional photos?
Been looking for a nice 71 lemans wagon for years (affordable) but they seem to be in the same league as the rare rainbow unicorns.

Thanks for the positive comments!
oldscruiser; good luck finding a good 71. I gave up trying...
I'll be loading more pictures soon, but in the meantime you can look at these pix on flickr: http://www.flickr.com/photos/39912187@N04/5913453131/in/set-72157627017970709/

The paint is cleaning up better than I expected. Still have a long way to go, but it's promising...
Back to top Go down
jeffracer

jeffracer

PostSubject: Re: The what are you doing instead of WF thread   The what are you doing instead of WF thread Icon_minitimeSun Jul 31, 2011 7:52 am

Grandsons 1st birthday party yesterday, I spent the afternoon in front of Weber grill cooking Brats/Burgers/Hotdogs for 40+ people.
Back to top Go down
Sprocket

Sprocket

PostSubject: Re: The what are you doing instead of WF thread   The what are you doing instead of WF thread Icon_minitimeSun Jul 31, 2011 1:05 pm

jeffracer wrote:
Grandsons 1st birthday party yesterday, I spent the afternoon in front of Weber grill cooking Brats/Burgers/Hotdogs for 40+ people.

In the sun no doubt.... I had a July 4th party 2 yrs ago and did the same thing. About the time I got in the pool for 30 seconds a huge bolt came down and cleared the yard.......siiiiigh.
Back to top Go down
oldscruiser

oldscruiser

PostSubject: Re: The what are you doing instead of WF thread   The what are you doing instead of WF thread Icon_minitimeSun Jul 31, 2011 1:29 pm

Hey Joe,

Very Nice photo's! I'd forgot how many hoses (medusa) that those early 80's cars had in the engine bay. lol

I have a 86 el camino that I have been slowly refurbing, and sometimes get the parts from here....

http://www.opgi.com/restoration-parts-catalog-late-model-el-camino-monte-carlo.asp

They are not to cheap, but they are available, and I'm sure a good portion of those items in the catalog would work on your wagon. A lot of the chrome pieces would make that blue stand out.
Like the gauge cluster as well. That was one of the selling points when i bought my wagon.
Your avatar photo must be a recent picture, because I notice that you have a different set of pontiac wheels on it, which make it look much more sporty.
Good luck with your ride, it really looks nice and has a lot of potential.

Alan
Back to top Go down
81X11

81X11

PostSubject: Re: The what are you doing instead of WF thread   The what are you doing instead of WF thread Icon_minitimeSun Jul 31, 2011 3:29 pm

Well Dad and I went to our first boat salvage yards yesterday looking for parts for my "new" '89 Maxum Bowrider. The first one was called "Captain Mac's Marine" and it's just off Decker Lake, the local power plant lake..good fishing, not a swimming lake. Anyway this place was huge, and he also had old busses and trailers. It was redneck heaven I tell you. "Captain Mac" is actually a nice guy, but his prices are on the high side.

The boats were something to see. Stuff from the 50's with fins to houseboats, and everything in between. It was wild to see how many 90's model NICE boats were in there. Cobalts, a Formula, Sea Rays, I mean NICE boats that had just been neglected to the point of not being worth fixing. How can you leave a $50-70K boat outside uncovered to rot? Kind of amazing...

Captain Mac wanted $125 plus exchange for a used starter...and since I can buy a new one on Ebay for $100....I passed. I did find some trim I was needing though so the trip was not a waste.

The second yard we were to was just outside Elgin Texas (home of the famous Elgin BBQ/Sausage). It was not nearly as big a yard, but the pricing was a lot more sane, and the old guy that runs the place also does repairs, and offered to rebuild my starter for $60. That's more like it!

He also said they he had an 89 Maxum down the hill in the yard, and we were welcome to look, but to be careful as the yard had not been mowed since fall and was full of waist-high fieldgrass....where rattlesnakes like to hide. Ok then... We actually walked out there....clapping our hands....shouting....carefully stomping the grass down and listening for rattles. Fun stuff. We gout about halfway into the yard when Dad asked "how stupid are we for doing this?"....ha.

We found a boat....a big 19-footer, nothing like my little 17-footer...but at least we found it. I got a interior light lense and a steering wheel cap off it. That was well worth the possible rattlesnake bite...hahahaha.

I'm going to pull the starter off my motor this afternoon and Dad's going to take it back down there tomorrow to be rebuilt.

Such fun!

-Mike

The what are you doing instead of WF thread Serendipity

The what are you doing instead of WF thread RedBoat

Last edited by 81X11 on Sun Jul 31, 2011 4:56 pm; edited 2 times in total
Back to top Go down
oldscruiser

oldscruiser

PostSubject: Re: The what are you doing instead of WF thread   The what are you doing instead of WF thread Icon_minitimeSun Jul 31, 2011 4:13 pm

81X11 wrote:
Well Dad and I went to our first boat salvage yards yesterday looking for parts for my "new" '89 Maxum Bowrider. The first one was called "Captain Mac's Marine"

How cool is that? It never had occurred to me that there was such a thing..., not like that anyhow...., and I grew up in Florida around the water. Cool beans!!

"Snakes.... ehhhh, why did it have to be snakes" (Indiana Jones)
Yeahhhhh, I feel about the same way. spiders, bugs, flys, ect.., I'm ok with..., but freaking snakes...ehhhhhh. : (

However, I hear down that way in Texas, if you put your lasso around you, (sounds like some S&M stuff) and yell yehawwwww real loud that the snakes, will take off quickly like a jackalope. Wink
The what are you doing instead of WF thread Jackalope1 Very Happy
Back to top Go down
JoeT

JoeT

PostSubject: Re: The what are you doing instead of WF thread   The what are you doing instead of WF thread Icon_minitimeSun Jul 31, 2011 5:11 pm

oldscruiser,
Thanks for the OPGI tip. I have purchased things from them in the past for my older vehicles; I didn't realize they had so many items for G bodies.

I found that set of 15 X 7 Pontiac "snowflake" rims locally. I had them glass-beaded, wire brushed the face to give the front surfaces a little bit more lustre, then clear-coated them.

I always liked the looks of the snowflake wheels on these cars.

Now that I've got decent tires on it, I'll be focusing on finding some replacement parts for the interior. Found a company in Minnesota that has a lot of obsolete OEM textiles; I'm hoping that they have the correct cloth to match the rear seat. I'd really like to put a set of 78-87 Grand Prix buckets in this car (with a console and floor shift) but I know those buckets are getting hard to find. I might even consider late model seats from a G6 or Grand Prix.
Back to top Go down

PostSubject: Re: The what are you doing instead of WF thread   The what are you doing instead of WF thread Icon_minitimeSun Jul 31, 2011 7:40 pm

Needs swivel bucket seats.

Come on, do it. They're awesome. Smile
Back to top Go down
a1awind

a1awind

PostSubject: Re: The what are you doing instead of WF thread   The what are you doing instead of WF thread Icon_minitimeSun Jul 31, 2011 10:56 pm

saving money for flint. went and bought my center console yesterday ($65 with shifter, linkage and custom bracket) hopefully it will get installed before michigan but im not counting on it.
Back to top Go down
toomanytoyz

toomanytoyz

PostSubject: Re: The what are you doing instead of WF thread   The what are you doing instead of WF thread Icon_minitimeMon Aug 01, 2011 12:31 pm

Camping... Smile

The what are you doing instead of WF thread 2011-07-29_15-45-48_491

The what are you doing instead of WF thread 2011-07-29_16-48-56_679

The what are you doing instead of WF thread 2011-07-30_15-06-31_701

The what are you doing instead of WF thread 2011-07-30_13-57-16_882

The what are you doing instead of WF thread 2011-07-30_17-10-05_510

Gloss clear with a little copper pearl. Diggit. Thanks john!
Back to top Go down
Bewber

Bewber

PostSubject: Re: The what are you doing instead of WF thread   The what are you doing instead of WF thread Icon_minitimeMon Aug 01, 2011 12:41 pm

Haha, no worries bro. I had a great time too. Glad you like it.
Back to top Go down
Sponsored content

PostSubject: Re: The what are you doing instead of WF thread   The what are you doing instead of WF thread Icon_minitime

Back to top Go down

The what are you doing instead of WF thread
Page 1 of 1