GM Longroof Forum
Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.

HomeHome  PortalPortal  GalleryGallery  Latest imagesLatest images  SearchSearch  RegisterRegister  Log in  

ISSF back up...

Go down 
+16
GN1220
nhgonzo
firewood
lornejay1
phantom 309
sherlock9c1
DBeaSSt
toomanytoyz
buickestate
94Woody
Sprocket
jayoldschool
stockfornow
W0X0F
Krzdimond
93wgn
20 posters
Go to page : 1, 2  Next
AuthorMessage
93wgn

93wgn

ISSF back up... Empty
PostSubject: ISSF back up...   ISSF back up... Icon_minitimeFri Nov 07, 2008 8:35 am

Everyone probably knows this already but the ISSF is back up and running. Very Happy Seems a little slow but maybe that's just me. geek
Back to top Go down
https://gmlongroof.4umer.com
Krzdimond
Admin
Krzdimond

ISSF back up... Empty
PostSubject: Re: ISSF back up...   ISSF back up... Icon_minitimeMon Nov 24, 2008 12:01 pm

is it down again?? Been trying ALL day and can't get on Evil or Very Mad
Back to top Go down
W0X0F

W0X0F

ISSF back up... Empty
PostSubject: Re: ISSF back up...   ISSF back up... Icon_minitimeMon Nov 24, 2008 12:02 pm

It's down as of 11:02 Central Time!
Back to top Go down
Krzdimond
Admin
Krzdimond

ISSF back up... Empty
PostSubject: Re: ISSF back up...   ISSF back up... Icon_minitimeMon Nov 24, 2008 12:11 pm

back up at 12:11 EST
Back to top Go down
W0X0F

W0X0F

ISSF back up... Empty
PostSubject: Re: ISSF back up...   ISSF back up... Icon_minitimeMon Nov 24, 2008 12:22 pm

scratch

My head hurts too!
Back to top Go down
Krzdimond
Admin
Krzdimond

ISSF back up... Empty
PostSubject: Re: ISSF back up...   ISSF back up... Icon_minitimeThu Nov 12, 2009 6:06 pm

And........... it's down again.
Back to top Go down
stockfornow

stockfornow

ISSF back up... Empty
PostSubject: Re: ISSF back up...   ISSF back up... Icon_minitimeThu Nov 12, 2009 6:28 pm

Still down and I need a VIN checked!
Back to top Go down
jayoldschool

jayoldschool

ISSF back up... Empty
PostSubject: Re: ISSF back up...   ISSF back up... Icon_minitimeThu Nov 12, 2009 7:03 pm

Still down... however... MacWoody told me that the old info has been restored! He was searching for info this morning on a trans line leakage issue, and he said that the search returned lots of old results that he was able to open.
Back to top Go down
Sprocket

Sprocket

ISSF back up... Empty
PostSubject: Re: ISSF back up...   ISSF back up... Icon_minitimeThu Nov 12, 2009 7:57 pm

if all the old stuff is back that is HUGE.

Maybe I will have to run my mirror program on it being i Py-rate and all, ARRRGH!

oh it's still down.....
Back to top Go down
94Woody

94Woody

ISSF back up... Empty
PostSubject: Re: ISSF back up...   ISSF back up... Icon_minitimeThu Nov 12, 2009 8:44 pm

Man that site goes down more often than a drunk girl at a frat party
Back to top Go down
Krzdimond
Admin
Krzdimond

ISSF back up... Empty
PostSubject: Re: ISSF back up...   ISSF back up... Icon_minitimeThu Nov 12, 2009 9:16 pm

94Woody wrote:

I'm still looking for that girl.........
Back to top Go down
buickestate
buickestate

ISSF back up... Empty
PostSubject: Re: ISSF back up...   ISSF back up... Icon_minitimeThu Nov 12, 2009 9:27 pm

Krzdimond wrote:
94Woody wrote:

I'm still looking for that girl.........

Obviouly you are not going to the right Frat partays...
Back to top Go down
jayoldschool

jayoldschool

ISSF back up... Empty
PostSubject: Re: ISSF back up...   ISSF back up... Icon_minitimeThu Nov 12, 2009 9:56 pm

LOL, so, I am bored, and looking at google links for the SSforum, and I stumble across this gem on the Urban Dictionary

The oldtimers around here will get a laugh...

Jason.
Back to top Go down
Krzdimond
Admin
Krzdimond

ISSF back up... Empty
PostSubject: Re: ISSF back up...   ISSF back up... Icon_minitimeThu Nov 12, 2009 10:09 pm

buickestate wrote:
Obviously you are not going to the right Frat partays...

Went to one once near Tijuana. they called it "Animal house". Just a bunch of jackasses...... wasn't pretty, but strangely addictive....... ISSF back up... Icon_eek ISSF back up... Icon_razz ISSF back up... Icon_razz

jayoldschool wrote:
LOL, so, I am bored, and looking at google links for the SSforum, and I stumble across this gem on the Urban Dictionary

Jason.

That is funny. I vaguely remember that fiasco...
Back to top Go down
toomanytoyz

toomanytoyz

ISSF back up... Empty
PostSubject: Re: ISSF back up...   ISSF back up... Icon_minitimeFri Nov 13, 2009 7:38 am

Better than getting "Federico'd"..... Wink

LOL!

Good find, Jay!
Back to top Go down
DBeaSSt
Admin
DBeaSSt

ISSF back up... Empty
PostSubject: Re: ISSF back up...   ISSF back up... Icon_minitimeFri Nov 13, 2009 8:13 am

jayoldschool wrote:

Jason.

lol!
Back to top Go down
http://www.prosise.name
stockfornow

stockfornow

ISSF back up... Empty
PostSubject: Re: ISSF back up...   ISSF back up... Icon_minitimeFri Nov 13, 2009 2:40 pm

Back up for now....
Back to top Go down
sherlock9c1

ISSF back up... Empty
PostSubject: Re: ISSF back up...   ISSF back up... Icon_minitimeFri Nov 13, 2009 3:27 pm

Ain't up from where I'm at. I'm getting DNS errors.
Back to top Go down
sherlock9c1

ISSF back up... Empty
PostSubject: Re: ISSF back up...   ISSF back up... Icon_minitimeFri Nov 13, 2009 5:35 pm

Okay, it's up from home. Whatever.

I know many of you have a love/hate relationship with ISSF. I will just share that there are some glimmers of hope. I was finally made a moderator of the drivetrain section and I've been working on reorganizing the data and links in there. I am also getting some indications that there will be some changes for the better coming soon. I would encourage you to send HACK any suggestions or offers for help you may have.
Back to top Go down
phantom 309

phantom 309

ISSF back up... Empty
PostSubject: Re: ISSF back up...   ISSF back up... Icon_minitimeFri Nov 13, 2009 6:39 pm

ISSF wgaf,..
changes, mebbe they'll get rid of mr personality, urea 51
Hope you like being a moderator joel,.now you'll be able to delete posts and move thrads at will,??

nick

The average person excretes about 30 grams of urea a day, mostly through urine, but a small amount is also secreted in perspiration.

Last edited by phantom 309 on Sun Nov 15, 2009 10:05 pm; edited 1 time in total
Back to top Go down
sherlock9c1

ISSF back up... Empty
PostSubject: Re: ISSF back up...   ISSF back up... Icon_minitimeFri Nov 13, 2009 7:55 pm

PK Nick.

The rules are the rules. One can choose to play or go home, it's his choice and I respect that. I've chosen to stay and help. I'll be around here too as I have time.

Being a good moderator is a tricky balance. I'm sure I'll have some stumbles as I try to walk that line.
Back to top Go down
lornejay1

lornejay1

ISSF back up... Empty
PostSubject: Re: ISSF back up...   ISSF back up... Icon_minitimeFri Nov 13, 2009 7:59 pm

I obey rules Joel,I despise rulers thats all.

Its just a parts store and contact list for me,I'm glad for you though Joel.you will be appreciated in that role. Lorne.
Back to top Go down
jayoldschool

jayoldschool

ISSF back up... Empty
PostSubject: Re: ISSF back up...   ISSF back up... Icon_minitimeFri Nov 13, 2009 8:12 pm

That's the problem, Joel. Paul is NOT a good moderator. I'm not taking sides with anyone here. He is petty, spiteful, and causes more crap than he fixes. He is pretty much Scott's pitbull without a leash.
Back to top Go down
Krzdimond
Admin
Krzdimond

ISSF back up... Empty
PostSubject: Re: ISSF back up...   ISSF back up... Icon_minitimeFri Nov 13, 2009 8:20 pm

I feel the need to add my unsolicited $0.02

Moderator:

1. One that moderates, as:

1. One that arbitrates or mediates.
    2. One who presides over a meeting, forum, or debate.

I read it twice. Didn't see where "personal feelings" , or "favoritism" comes into play
Back to top Go down
sherlock9c1

ISSF back up... Empty
PostSubject: Re: ISSF back up...   ISSF back up... Icon_minitimeFri Nov 13, 2009 9:35 pm

Hey guys, I don't disagree with your posts. The way the wagonfest 2009 threads were handled was the event that finally drove me to join this forum. It was absolutely unnecessary, inappropriate and over the line.

Unfortunately if you get pulled over by a jerk cop, he still has jurisdiction. There are no perfect police departments and there are no perfect forums. It's just life.

As I've said before, the single greatest thing the ISSF suffers from is lack of leadership. I have the opportunity to work to improve that and I will do so within the capabilities I have.
Back to top Go down
DBeaSSt
Admin
DBeaSSt

ISSF back up... Empty
PostSubject: Re: ISSF back up...   ISSF back up... Icon_minitimeFri Nov 13, 2009 9:45 pm

I certainly appreciate that you're doing your part to try to make a positive difference over there Joel!

I think most of us have issues with the moderation there but let's try to refrain from name calling. Wink
Back to top Go down
Krzdimond
Admin
Krzdimond

ISSF back up... Empty
PostSubject: Re: ISSF back up...   ISSF back up... Icon_minitimeFri Nov 13, 2009 9:46 pm

sherlock9c1 wrote:
As I've said before, the single greatest thing the ISSF suffers from is lack of leadership. I have the opportunity to work to improve that and I will do so within the capabilities I have.

And that's all we ask.
Back to top Go down
jayoldschool

jayoldschool

ISSF back up... Empty
PostSubject: Re: ISSF back up...   ISSF back up... Icon_minitimeFri Nov 13, 2009 10:19 pm

Remind Scott what he told me Smile
Back to top Go down
phantom 309

phantom 309

ISSF back up... Empty
PostSubject: Re: ISSF back up...   ISSF back up... Icon_minitimeSun Nov 15, 2009 10:39 am

Quote :
Not a case od being pussies,. just a case of talking without censorship,.and you sure know where you stand with most of us, we just can't say anything without the ban button being pushed. I wonder if you,d be welcome on any other forums after your track record here,.look how proud you are to be talked about,. proud of the negative feeling towards you as a moderator.
it,s one thing to be crabby and angry as i,m described all the time,. but i post with the general membership and thats a level playing field.(until you decide to join in) I,m wondering why you even bother to acknowledge the thread on another forum? It,s a forum populated by wagon kooks who you have no respect for etc,. your constant barrage of derogatory comments on this forum regarding wagon owners leaves me to believe you may actually have a case of wagon envy,..

Nick
Oh,. PS,.. hope this post doesn't hurt your feelings and you decide to ban me again, or simply delete my post as happens all the time here,.this forum is great for info and a good marketplace. I also wonder how you noticed those comments on another forum that you,re not a member of,. either you,re an attention whore or you have someone ratting out to you,.
either way its a sad situation,..
PSS i posted a reply on the other forum if you feel a need to rush over there and view it, In the future i,d be glad to PM you a link to any thread that mentions you specifically? Then you can toot your horn here to your misc section, and receive the attention you so crave.
i copied my reply here because it'll likely disappear over there,.and it'll give urea 51 a purpose to his life ,.to visit here to read about himself.
Oh and Joel??,.. PK??,. F you,. I,m not a moderator,.thats the difference,..my comments are posted as a general member, not someone who is entrusted with some responsibility,.
Oh and PSS,.. the fucking tranny still doesn't lock up, and i still have your $25.00.
Nick
Back to top Go down
firewood

firewood

ISSF back up... Empty
PostSubject: Re: ISSF back up...   ISSF back up... Icon_minitimeSun Nov 15, 2009 1:15 pm

Moderate is the root word in moderator. Even I find it hard sometimes to not want to stomp on newbies for posting stupid and redundant questions, or even blow someone out for having an opinion that differs from mine. Its a responsibility that's hard to maintain.

I do my best and fail at times. There's a few things I've said on ISSF I'd like to take back.
But you can't put the genie back in the bottle.
Back to top Go down
phantom 309

phantom 309

ISSF back up... Empty
PostSubject: Re: ISSF back up...   ISSF back up... Icon_minitimeSun Nov 15, 2009 2:01 pm

firewood wrote:
Even I find it hard sometimes to not want to stomp on newbies for posting stupid and redundant questions, or even blow someone out for having an opinion that differs from mine. Its a responsibility that's hard to maintain.

I do my best and fail at times. There's a few things I've said on ISSF I'd like to take back.

aw ya poor man,. the weight of the responsibilties as moderator are stressful even for you huh?
The selfless sacrifices these poor moderators go thru every day,.
I just don't think i could do it,...

nick
*snicker*
Back to top Go down
nhgonzo

nhgonzo

ISSF back up... Empty
PostSubject: Re: ISSF back up...   ISSF back up... Icon_minitimeSun Nov 15, 2009 8:34 pm

IMPSS forum back down again,is it working for anyone else or is it just the east coast?
Back to top Go down
https://www.youtube.com/user/nhgonzo
DBeaSSt
Admin
DBeaSSt

ISSF back up... Empty
PostSubject: Re: ISSF back up...   ISSF back up... Icon_minitimeSun Nov 15, 2009 8:45 pm

Just checked, working for me.
Back to top Go down
nhgonzo

nhgonzo

ISSF back up... Empty
PostSubject: Re: ISSF back up...   ISSF back up... Icon_minitimeSun Nov 15, 2009 8:51 pm

maybe someone doesn't like me,it was working fine this afternoon sent a few post,and then nothing all I get is....Firefox can't find the server at www.impalassforum.com. ...again
Back to top Go down
GN1220

ISSF back up... Empty
PostSubject: Re: ISSF back up...   ISSF back up... Icon_minitimeSun Nov 15, 2009 9:03 pm

nhgonzo wrote:
maybe someone doesn't like me,it was working fine this afternoon sent a few post,and then nothing all I get is....Firefox can't find the server at www.impalassforum.com. ...again

I get the same thing but I also keep getting e-mail notice to replies of threads I subscribe to. But when I click the link, nothing.
Back to top Go down
nhgonzo

nhgonzo

ISSF back up... Empty
PostSubject: Re: ISSF back up...   ISSF back up... Icon_minitimeSun Nov 15, 2009 9:15 pm

I too get emails on the last subscribe items and then nothing.hmmmm
Back to top Go down
dservati1

ISSF back up... Empty
PostSubject: nice !!   ISSF back up... Icon_minitimeSun Nov 15, 2009 10:03 pm

Hey because of this cross post on ISSF I found this site cool - hey yall!

-Dave

Last edited by dservati1 on Sun Nov 15, 2009 10:13 pm; edited 1 time in total (Reason for editing : signed)
Back to top Go down
http://home.roadrunner.com/~raisse2/
dservati1

ISSF back up... Empty
PostSubject: Re: ISSF back up...   ISSF back up... Icon_minitimeSun Nov 15, 2009 10:14 pm

Double post
Back to top Go down
http://home.roadrunner.com/~raisse2/
DBeaSSt
Admin
DBeaSSt

ISSF back up... Empty
PostSubject: Re: ISSF back up...   ISSF back up... Icon_minitimeMon Nov 16, 2009 6:31 am

Welcome Dave!
Back to top Go down
nhgonzo

nhgonzo

ISSF back up... Empty
PostSubject: Re: ISSF back up...   ISSF back up... Icon_minitimeTue Nov 17, 2009 9:17 pm

once again i can not view the ISSF is there any way to see if its my computer or is it that someone block my access to it. Sad
Back to top Go down
stockfornow

stockfornow

ISSF back up... Empty
PostSubject: Re: ISSF back up...   ISSF back up... Icon_minitimeTue Nov 17, 2009 9:24 pm

Welcome to the club Dave!
Back to top Go down
firewood

firewood

ISSF back up... Empty
PostSubject: Re: ISSF back up...   ISSF back up... Icon_minitimeTue Nov 17, 2009 11:28 pm

phantom 309 wrote:
firewood wrote:
Even I find it hard sometimes to not want to stomp on newbies for posting stupid and redundant questions, or even blow someone out for having an opinion that differs from mine. Its a responsibility that's hard to maintain.

aw ya poor man,. the weight of the responsibilities as moderator are stressful even for you huh?

nick
*snicker*
Its stressful to me (sometimes) because I DO take the role seriously. Do to my generally peaceful nature, I rarely get in to petty arguments, name calling, e-thuggery or other negative behavior. It generally not my style. But I do occasionally cross the "line," and I regret it when I do. That's just me, I hold myself to a high standard in real life, too.

I wasn't seeking symapthy, but thanks for offering it. Just pointing out that some Mods have a different attitude.
Back to top Go down
phantom 309

phantom 309

ISSF back up... Empty
PostSubject: Re: ISSF back up...   ISSF back up... Icon_minitimeThu Nov 19, 2009 9:24 am

firewood wrote:
phantom 309 wrote:
firewood wrote:

aw ya poor man,. the weight of the responsibilities as moderator are stressful even for you huh?

nick
*snicker*
Its stressful to me (sometimes) because I DO take the role seriously. Do to my generally peaceful nature, I rarely get in to petty arguments, name calling, e-thuggery or other negative behavior. It generally not my style. But I do occasionally cross the "line," and I regret it when I do. That's just me, I hold myself to a high standard in real life, too.

I wasn't seeking symapthy, but thanks for offering it. Just pointing out that some Mods have a different attitude.

Well kudo's to you for taking your moderator duties seriously,.
Most mods are of the same nature as yourself,. As lorne eloquently stated,. its not the rules that are aggravating,. its the way they can be enforced by certain rulers, in certain manners.

Quote :

no,. lets refresh what the issue is,.
Its about a super moderator that trolls around the internet looking for comments about himself,. its about people that can't return insults to the so-called "super moderator" urea 51,.
if afore mentioned super moderator doesn't have his way, he pussies out and removes the thread or bans the thread poster arbitrarily, or modifies or deletes peoples signature quotes regarding a urea 51 comment if they portray him to be the mean spirited DILLIGAF moderator he is.
So called pussies are mostly wagon owners as was mentioned,.
and it didn't look like crying,. it read like free opinions,.and from people that have not had dealings with said moderator and his narrow minded bans he is so fond of handing out,.
which begs the question,. DAORGAF about urea51.?
Is that concise and precise enough?

Nick

added just for posterity over here,.

nick
Back to top Go down
GN1220

ISSF back up... Empty
PostSubject: Re: ISSF back up...   ISSF back up... Icon_minitimeFri Nov 20, 2009 5:55 am

nhgonzo wrote:
once again i can not view the ISSF is there any way to see if its my computer or is it that someone block my access to it. Sad

Same here. I keep getting notified about threads I'm in but I can't access them. Help!

And this is at 4:55 am, not 5:55 pm as my clock says
Back to top Go down
Bewber

Bewber

ISSF back up... Empty
PostSubject: Re: ISSF back up...   ISSF back up... Icon_minitimeSat Nov 21, 2009 11:04 am

Shouldn't this thread be renamed to "gyno office", since this seems to be where all the hurt pussies hang out?
Back to top Go down
phantom 309

phantom 309

ISSF back up... Empty
PostSubject: Re: ISSF back up...   ISSF back up... Icon_minitimeSat Nov 21, 2009 5:14 pm

Bewber wrote:
Shouldn't this thread be renamed to "gyno office", since this seems to be where all the hurt pussies hang out?

Nice thing to say,.. who's hurt? seems only urea 51 is hurt,. and you putting on a hell of a dog and pony show,. i,m wondering if you trying to stir up the troops? almost like you are inciting a riot with the pacifists,.hopefully you and paulie and Bk are not conspiring behind the scenes Question ?
you go super pussy!! you are becoming my hero!! course you are protected by big fat boy,.. Very Happy

Nick
Back to top Go down
Bewber

Bewber

ISSF back up... Empty
PostSubject: Re: ISSF back up...   ISSF back up... Icon_minitimeSat Nov 21, 2009 10:58 pm

I was only joking here, and don't have anybody protecting me anywhere. There's no conspiracy, for real.
Back to top Go down
DBeaSSt
Admin
DBeaSSt

ISSF back up... Empty
PostSubject: Re: ISSF back up...   ISSF back up... Icon_minitimeSun Nov 22, 2009 7:57 am

This forum exists because a bunch of us were not happy with ISSF moderation of the wagon section. It does not, however, exist to discuss ISSF or it's moderators endlessly.

Let's get back to discussing our cars which IS why we are here okay? Okay.
Back to top Go down
toomanytoyz

toomanytoyz

ISSF back up... Empty
PostSubject: Re: ISSF back up...   ISSF back up... Icon_minitimeSun Nov 22, 2009 9:15 am

Bewber wrote:

LOL. Seriously. Wink

And man... You nailed it on the ISSF! I tried to agree with you twice, once this morning and once last night, but both times the effin site went down in the time it took me to finish reading the thread and trying to post a reply.
Back to top Go down
Krzdimond
Admin
Krzdimond

ISSF back up... Empty
PostSubject: Re: ISSF back up...   ISSF back up... Icon_minitimeSun Nov 22, 2009 9:47 am

DBeaSSt wrote:
This forum exists because a bunch of us were not happy with ISSF moderation of the wagon section. It does not, however, exist to discuss ISSF or it's moderators endlessly.

Let's get back to discussing our cars which IS why we are here okay? Okay.

I agree. Remember that this section is public and open to all. Visitors range from 8-80. Start a thread in the cabaret and feel free to discuss, fuss, and cuss to your hearts content. (Save for devising ways or discussing how to keep Lorne gainfully employed ISSF back up... Icon_biggrin )
Back to top Go down
Sponsored content

ISSF back up... Empty
PostSubject: Re: ISSF back up...   ISSF back up... Icon_minitime

Back to top Go down

ISSF back up...
Page 1 of 2Go to page : 1, 2  Next