GM Longroof Forum
Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.

HomeHome  PortalPortal  GalleryGallery  Latest imagesLatest images  SearchSearch  RegisterRegister  Log in  

Indecent proposal trade offer on my 65 Biscayne.

Go down 
+6
BigBlackBeaSSt
200OZ
sherlock9c1
phantom 309
buickestate
Bewber
10 posters
AuthorMessage
Bewber

Bewber

Indecent proposal trade offer on my 65 Biscayne. Empty
PostSubject: Indecent proposal trade offer on my 65 Biscayne.   Indecent proposal trade offer on my 65 Biscayne. Icon_minitimeSun Sep 11, 2011 9:41 pm

I bought my 65 Biscayne wagon as a 28th birthday present to myself, because that's how I used to be able to roll. It's a decent car, but for the past couple years I've had a sticker on a corner of the windshield indicating that I may be willing to trade it. With the rising gas prices and my having MPG envy over Pat's old cruiser, I was feeling even more willing this weekend to swap it for something a little more tame.

So I spent all this weekend with Pat at the Frankenmuth Autofest, which is a 3 day show with about 5,000 cars. Upon returning from a walk, there was a dude waiting for me with a trade offer. It's fairly well documented that I LOVE me some 4 door hardtops, and dudsey has a 72 chevelle 4 door hardtop with low miles, that is a TRUE little old lady car - right down to the riser blocks on the pedals. It's completely bone stock 350/350 2 barrel car.

I'd been thinking about it, and came home and googled pics of 4 door chevelle hardtops like crazy, tried to find out market values, etc. I was actually going to call him to go see the car tomorrow. I'm not really a 72 chevelle guy, but you NEVER see them as 4 door hardtops so it totally has that "It's really rare, but nobody cares" cool factor going for it.

Well tonight brought on an oddball circumstance where my wife and I drove seperate to church, with me taking the 65. After mass, we went together to dinner, then had to go back to pick up the ole 65 from the empty parking lot. Her and the kids weren't heading home from there like I was - and all the way to the car the kids were leaning on me to lightem up, do a burnout, etc. when I left. I wasn't going to, but they're good kids, and don't really ask for much, so I hated to dissappoint them. As I left the church parking lot, I gave it the shoe and did a little grippin' and rippin'. A mile later, I caught the light and they were behind me, so when I got the arrow to turn left, I raised even more hell than the previous time, and even slid that big ole but a little sideways.

As they pulled up next to me at the next intersection, the kids were cheering and laughing, etc. Then my wife rolled her window down. I half expected the unimpressed face, but instead she was also smiling ear to ear and hollared over one simple sentence - "If you think you'd be happy for a single minute trading that thing for a bone stock anything, you're CRAZY!"

She's a smart lady. No trades this week. Smile

Cliff notes: I have a cool old car I would trade. I received an offer for something else old and cool. I was thinking about it until I was trailer park enough to do a fishtailing burnout as I left my church, and now I'll keep my car.
Back to top Go down

PostSubject: Re: Indecent proposal trade offer on my 65 Biscayne.   Indecent proposal trade offer on my 65 Biscayne. Icon_minitimeSun Sep 11, 2011 10:01 pm

Awesome story about how attached we get to our cars.I guess a little hooning in front of the
kids wont hurt too muchI can hear your kids telling their friends about what my daddy did with
his old car on the way home from church.Like how your wife made you rethink the trade with
1 sentense while sitting at a stoplight.
JG
Back to top Go down
buickestate
buickestate

PostSubject: Re: Indecent proposal trade offer on my 65 Biscayne.   Indecent proposal trade offer on my 65 Biscayne. Icon_minitimeSun Sep 11, 2011 10:23 pm

You made the right choice!
Back to top Go down
phantom 309

phantom 309

PostSubject: Re: Indecent proposal trade offer on my 65 Biscayne.   Indecent proposal trade offer on my 65 Biscayne. Icon_minitimeSun Sep 11, 2011 11:19 pm

It,s like the nod and awink from a different women with promises etc,.might be fun for the first couple of rides,. but you'll be wistful for the time you already invested with the present gal,.
A 65 wagon is tres quool,.

Nick
Back to top Go down
sherlock9c1

PostSubject: Re: Indecent proposal trade offer on my 65 Biscayne.   Indecent proposal trade offer on my 65 Biscayne. Icon_minitimeMon Sep 12, 2011 12:26 am

I've left church sideways before. Never lived in a trailer park either.

A couple weeks later, one of the kids that goes to church came up to me and said "hey Mister, remember that time when you turned out of the parking lot, and the tires squealed, and the car went sideways, and smoke was coming off the tires, and it was really loud?"

"yeah?"

"that was cool." Cool
Back to top Go down
phantom 309

phantom 309

PostSubject: Re: Indecent proposal trade offer on my 65 Biscayne.   Indecent proposal trade offer on my 65 Biscayne. Icon_minitimeMon Sep 12, 2011 12:45 am

sherlock9c1 wrote:

A couple weeks later, one of the kids that goes to church came up to me and said "hey Mister, remember that time when you turned out of the parking lot, and the tires squealed, and the car went sideways, and smoke was coming off the tires, and it was really loud?"

"yeah?"

"that was cool." Cool

hallelujah!!
Back to top Go down
200OZ
200OZ

PostSubject: Re: Indecent proposal trade offer on my 65 Biscayne.   Indecent proposal trade offer on my 65 Biscayne. Icon_minitimeTue Sep 13, 2011 12:31 am

Yeah, good choice keeping your wagon John,.... a 4 door Chevelle?... really?
And there's nothin' wrong with smokin'em at church!

Mike

PS: your wagon sounded great in that video Sprocket shot!
Back to top Go down
BigBlackBeaSSt

BigBlackBeaSSt

PostSubject: Re: Indecent proposal trade offer on my 65 Biscayne.   Indecent proposal trade offer on my 65 Biscayne. Icon_minitimeTue Sep 13, 2011 6:47 am

buickestate wrote:
You made the right choice!

phantom 309 wrote:
It,s like the nod and awink from a different women with promises etc,.might be fun for the first couple of rides,. but you'll be wistful for the time you already invested with the present gal,.
A 65 wagon is tres quool,.

Nick

sherlock9c1 wrote:

"yeah?"

"that was cool." Cool

200OZ wrote:
Yeah, good choice keeping your wagon John,.... a 4 door Chevelle?... really?
And there's nothin' wrong with smokin'em at church!

Mike

PS: your wagon sounded great in that video Sprocket shot!

What they ^ said. I love your wagon!!
Back to top Go down
Sprocket

Sprocket

PostSubject: Re: Indecent proposal trade offer on my 65 Biscayne.   Indecent proposal trade offer on my 65 Biscayne. Icon_minitimeTue Sep 13, 2011 9:19 pm

Having had the pleasure of driving your car, albeit for 5 minutes (and managing to get in a 'race' for 200 ft from a stop light till your corner with a VW Baja bug, I KNOW you made the right choice. On the flight home, I was wishing I would have taken it around for a little more of a cruise....looking for the next time I can slide behind the wheel.
Back to top Go down
Bewber

Bewber

PostSubject: Re: Indecent proposal trade offer on my 65 Biscayne.   Indecent proposal trade offer on my 65 Biscayne. Icon_minitimeTue Sep 13, 2011 11:30 pm

Thanks guys. Maybe some other 4 door hardtop, but not a 72 chevelle, and not this week.
Back to top Go down
toomanytoyz

toomanytoyz

PostSubject: Re: Indecent proposal trade offer on my 65 Biscayne.   Indecent proposal trade offer on my 65 Biscayne. Icon_minitimeWed Sep 14, 2011 9:43 am

Video or it didn't happen. Wink

(fma is a smart woman)
Back to top Go down
MarkH

MarkH

PostSubject: Re: Indecent proposal trade offer on my 65 Biscayne.   Indecent proposal trade offer on my 65 Biscayne. Icon_minitimeWed Sep 14, 2011 11:24 am

I had'a 66 Impala 2 Door Hardtop when I was in HS... I regret to this day selling it off for parts when I ran out of time, money and motivation. Hold on to that great piece of American Car Heritage!!!
Back to top Go down
http://DesignsbyMarkonline.net

PostSubject: Re: Indecent proposal trade offer on my 65 Biscayne.   Indecent proposal trade offer on my 65 Biscayne. Icon_minitimeWed Sep 14, 2011 4:11 pm

Hey John there's a reason 4dr chevelles are more rare than the 2drs.Its because they are so damn
ugly and no amount of modifications can change that kind of ugly!
JG
Back to top Go down
Bewber

Bewber

PostSubject: Re: Indecent proposal trade offer on my 65 Biscayne.   Indecent proposal trade offer on my 65 Biscayne. Icon_minitimeThu Sep 15, 2011 12:45 pm

Ultimately, I'd like to find a 65-6 4 door hardtop donor, and make my wagon a hardtop.
Back to top Go down
BigBlackBeaSSt

BigBlackBeaSSt

PostSubject: Re: Indecent proposal trade offer on my 65 Biscayne.   Indecent proposal trade offer on my 65 Biscayne. Icon_minitimeThu Sep 15, 2011 2:01 pm

there was a 58 mercury wagon at a show I went to Saturday. Really cool loooong roof. No posts and a huge rear quarter window. Made it look stretched and chopped.
Back to top Go down
Bone Stock

Bone Stock

PostSubject: Re: Indecent proposal trade offer on my 65 Biscayne.   Indecent proposal trade offer on my 65 Biscayne. Icon_minitimeFri Sep 16, 2011 3:21 pm

Bewber wrote:
As I left the church parking lot, I gave it the shoe and did a little grippin' and rippin'.
Great story!

My friend with the Purple Pearl LT1 Cappy wagon told me he was going to leave rubber in front of the church after his wedding. Unfortunately I didn't see it because I was helping load a harp into the wife's RMW. But I got to see the tracks as I left. VERY impressive!
Back to top Go down
Sponsored content

PostSubject: Re: Indecent proposal trade offer on my 65 Biscayne.   Indecent proposal trade offer on my 65 Biscayne. Icon_minitime

Back to top Go down

Indecent proposal trade offer on my 65 Biscayne.
Page 1 of 1