GM Longroof Forum
Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.

HomeHome  PortalPortal  GalleryGallery  Latest imagesLatest images  SearchSearch  RegisterRegister  Log in  

New longroof lover saying hello!

Go down 
+3
brokecello
1993 Roady-man
motorcitykid
7 posters
AuthorMessage
motorcitykid

New longroof lover saying hello! Empty
PostSubject: New longroof lover saying hello!   New longroof lover saying hello! Icon_minitimeWed Sep 28, 2011 5:30 pm

Have really wanted to buy a Caprice wagon with a 350 LT1 for a long time and finally pulled the trigger in late July. I have been lurking around the site since the purchase and wanted to become a member (I knew about the site before the purchase). I bought a 94 Caprice wagon with a rebuilt engine, transmission,new tires and new GM fuel pump. It is a plain jane in the respect that it has no power anything. It does have a later model GM CD player (99) and a Corvette Denso starter. It has minor body issues that will be dealt with in the next few weeks, but overall a really nice clean longroof. It is white with a tan interior. I replaced the water pump because I was told by the previous owner that it was weeping. Not the case, the water pump was only snugged up to the block and that caused a minor leak. I replaced it anyway and now have a really nice spare. I have plans to do some upgrading of the suspension (heavier duty) and build a 383 motor for towing a trailer. I hope that I can pick some brains here and enhance my longroof to suit my needs. Thanks for taking the time to read my lengthy introduction and thanks for a great forum.

Sincerely,
The middle aged kid from the Motorcity
Back to top Go down

PostSubject: Re: New longroof lover saying hello!   New longroof lover saying hello! Icon_minitimeWed Sep 28, 2011 5:38 pm

Need some pics! Welcome to the forum. Smile
Back to top Go down
1993 Roady-man

1993 Roady-man

PostSubject: Re: New longroof lover saying hello!   New longroof lover saying hello! Icon_minitimeWed Sep 28, 2011 6:30 pm

Welcome aboard and yes post up some pix's for sure. And by all means get yourself to one of our events in the future. there is lot of cool individuals there and cool ideals to be had.
Back to top Go down

PostSubject: Re: New longroof lover saying hello!   New longroof lover saying hello! Icon_minitimeWed Sep 28, 2011 6:41 pm

Welcome to the madness kid!How heavy is your trailer because you may just need a new R&P
in the rearend?Pics always nice!
Jim
Back to top Go down
brokecello
brokecello

PostSubject: Re: New longroof lover saying hello!   New longroof lover saying hello! Icon_minitimeWed Sep 28, 2011 7:25 pm

Welcome!! And yeah...pics Smile
Back to top Go down
http://www.ChrisPowellmusic.com
Bewber

Bewber

PostSubject: Re: New longroof lover saying hello!   New longroof lover saying hello! Icon_minitimeWed Sep 28, 2011 8:30 pm

Welcome aboard, from a veteran young guy in the Buick City,
Back to top Go down
Sprocket

Sprocket

PostSubject: Re: New longroof lover saying hello!   New longroof lover saying hello! Icon_minitimeWed Sep 28, 2011 8:43 pm

Did anyone mention we are picture whores? Need many pics Smile white/tan is a popular Buick combo, but haven't seen too many cappy's sporting that mix.

Since it's a '94 check the Aux battery post up near the firewall. Make sure it's brass. If not you'll wanna find one in the junkyard and swap it. The cheapo steel ones they used in 94 only are a fire hazard....Welcome to the madness and be warned, they are like potato chips...hard to have just one.
Back to top Go down
81X11

81X11

PostSubject: Re: New longroof lover saying hello!   New longroof lover saying hello! Icon_minitimeThu Sep 29, 2011 10:27 am

Welcome to the forum and don't be a stranger!

-Mike
Back to top Go down
motorcitykid

PostSubject: Re: New longroof lover saying hello!   New longroof lover saying hello! Icon_minitimeThu Sep 29, 2011 3:15 pm

I will post pictures when I have a day that is nice enough to take a few good shots of it. I want to tow an open car trailer with a 2900 lb Malibu on it. The Aux post on my wagon is the brass version.
Back to top Go down
BigBlackBeaSSt

BigBlackBeaSSt

PostSubject: Re: New longroof lover saying hello!   New longroof lover saying hello! Icon_minitimeThu Sep 29, 2011 3:33 pm

Welcome. With 4,000 lbs in tow there is no need for a 383, just 3:73 gears will do. But if you have the excuse to do a 383 have at it!!
Back to top Go down
Sponsored content

PostSubject: Re: New longroof lover saying hello!   New longroof lover saying hello! Icon_minitime

Back to top Go down

New longroof lover saying hello!
Page 1 of 1