GM Longroof Forum
Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.

HomeHome  PortalPortal  GalleryGallery  Latest imagesLatest images  SearchSearch  RegisterRegister  Log in  

My run-in with Round Rock's finest

Go down 
+9
Sprocket
Olds Weighty Eight
Cadet57
BigBlackBeaSSt
95BRMW
mp775
phantom 309
Bewber
81X11
13 posters
AuthorMessage
81X11

81X11

My run-in with Round Rock's finest Empty
PostSubject: My run-in with Round Rock's finest   My run-in with Round Rock's finest Icon_minitimeMon Oct 10, 2011 11:09 am

So went to my folks house for dinner, met my wife there, who was coming from work. Had a nice dinner and in a good mood. Went to go home and both kids wanted to ride in the wagon with me rather than in the Grand Prix with Misty....I've trained them well.

Anyway it's about 9pm. Light traffic, we're driving home, talking, listing to the radio. I've got the 9-year-old up front with me and the 3-year-old in the back seat. We're going east on Hwy 620 and have to cross the bridge over I-35 and turn left on the northbound one-way frontage road of the interstate. I cross the bridge and get in the outside left turn lane and put on my left signal. I catch the red light and have to sit on the bridge before turning with a Suburban in front of me.

So there is a Shell gas station on the northeast side of I-35 there at the corner of 620 and the I-35 frontage road. The light turns green and I began to turn left. I look over and there is a SHARP light blue woody Roadmaster at the pumps in the Shell station. It looks really clean and has chrome Crager SS mags on it. You hardly ever see these cars here, and I wanted to at least say hello and see if it's a local car.

Now keeping in mind I'm turning left and in the outside lane, and the station entrence is directly to my right there on the frontage road, I finish the turn left and then quickly turn right into the Shell and pull my white Roady in behind the blue Roady. It's a young kid, and he's hanging the pump up as I pull in behind him. I put my car in park and open the door and stand up, and the kid looks at me and smiles at my car, then hesitates, and nearly dives into his car and takes off......ok... That was odd....

I turn around and am about to sit back down, when I notice there is a police car directly behind me with it's lights on, and the cop says "GET BACK IN YOUR VEHICLE!". I stand there for a second, flabbergasted. Where did he come from, and what did I do?? Rather than get back in the car....I've not been pulled over or had a ticket since 1994....I look right at the cop, who is now out of his car, and say "What did I do?" and he in turn tells me to GET BACK IN MY CAR NOW! Ok then.

I sit down, and my 9-year-old Eddie is white. Tuck, the 3yr old, is oblivious. I'm angry.

The cop walks up and says "Don't you know you do not get out of a car when you get pulled over?!?!. I said I had no idea I was being pulled over, and I only got out because I saw a car like mine, which is pretty rare. And I point to the blue Roady which is across the street at the red light now.

The cop looks away and looks back at me like I'm crazy. I ask what I did, and the cop says I turned into the gas station "at a high rate of speed without signaling". I resist the urge to laugh....if I was going over 15mph I'd be shocked.... At this point Tuck, in the back seat, begins to cry. Wonderful. The cop looks at my registration and inspection, which are of course current, and asks for my insurance card. I pull out the card...and it expired in July. I have insurance...I just forgot to put the new card in the car. I dig through my wallet, sure I have a current card in there....but I'm not finding it.

The cop asks for my license. I tell the cop my wife is right behind me, and that I'm sure she'll stop, and that she has a current insurance card in her car. Cop say fine and takes my license and walks back to his car. Great. About this time here comes Misty in the Grand Prix.....and she drives right by and doesn't stop. DAMMIT!

The cop comes back and asks me if the address on the license is current. I look at my license, and make the realization that it still has the address of our old house on it....I never thought about updating it since it's not expired. This just keeps getting better....
I say no, we've moved, and the address on my insurance card is correct.

Now here is where it gets amazing. The cop tells me he looked up my plates and was able to tell that I still had insurance, but that it's a requirement to get my address updated. He then hands my kids "Junior Officer" badges, and tells me to watch my signals and drive safe.....goes back to his car and pulls away......

Amazing. On one hand I'm pissed that he pulled me over and made me feel like a criminal yelling at me to get back in my car....in front of my kids no less. On the other hand, I'm shocked that without a valid insurance card and the wrong address on my license (we moved three years ago...ha!) that I did not get some kind of a ticket....

When I first got my license at 17 I got pulled over a lot....we lived in a pretty affluent part of New Jersey and between driving like a 17-year-old does and driving beaters like my brown '83 Citation and 68 Skylark...in a town where those REALLY stood out, I remember getting hassled a lot by police and them nit-picking everything.

I don't mean to sterotype but I think if the same thing had happend to me in Jersey I'd have gone home with at least two tickets....kids in the car or not.

Now all that said I was still pissed at my wife for just driving by....it's not like she could miss my wagon sitting there with a police car flashing behind it. If she'd been pulled over and had both out kids in the car, you better believe I would have stopped to see what was going on.

I got home and asked her what she was thinking. Her reply is that she could tell we were not in a wreck....and then she asked if I got pulled over for not signalling or for not coming to a full stop at a stop sign...because "you do that all the time".... I was to flabbergasted to talk, went out to the garage, turned on the stereo and had three beers....

Never a dull moment....

-Mike

Last edited by 81X11 on Mon Oct 10, 2011 2:52 pm; edited 1 time in total
Back to top Go down
Bewber

Bewber

PostSubject: Re: My run-in with Round Rock's finest   My run-in with Round Rock's finest Icon_minitimeMon Oct 10, 2011 11:19 am

I think the real story here is that Misty is obviously a fugitive and avoids the police at all costs, including using her turn signals!
Back to top Go down
phantom 309

phantom 309

PostSubject: Re: My run-in with Round Rock's finest   My run-in with Round Rock's finest Icon_minitimeMon Oct 10, 2011 11:22 am

you,re lucky,.
In ontario here, the robots would have given you 3 tickets,.
We don't have much in the way of officers discretion here anymore,. they are just "doing their job" then you got to the courthouse and play "lets make a deal " with the crown prosecutor,.(district attorney for you guys) and they may drop one ticket or may be two, if you simply plead guilty and pay your fine,.
No policing,. just enforcement.

Really it is your responsibility to have your info in order, laziness, or lackadaisical attitude is no defence,

The kid probably has a for sale sign right now on that roadmaster so he doesn't attract anymore strange middle aged guys in wagons being chased by police,..

Nick
Back to top Go down
mp775

PostSubject: Re: My run-in with Round Rock's finest   My run-in with Round Rock's finest Icon_minitimeMon Oct 10, 2011 12:43 pm

81X11 wrote:
...went out to the garage, turned on the stero and had three beers....

Sounds like it ended well enough Very Happy
Back to top Go down
95BRMW

95BRMW

PostSubject: Re: My run-in with Round Rock's finest   My run-in with Round Rock's finest Icon_minitimeMon Oct 10, 2011 1:07 pm

Must be your wagon that got his attention Very Happy
A few months ago Lynol brought his Country Squire up (with temp tags). We were out coming back from the hardware store when we see the flashing lights. The police asked for the usual, asked me for my ID as well. They come back and say they were just checking out what was up being that it "an old station wagon and all". Apparently its a crime to drive an old car in CT, or maybe just a Ford Very Happy
Back to top Go down
BigBlackBeaSSt

BigBlackBeaSSt

PostSubject: Re: My run-in with Round Rock's finest   My run-in with Round Rock's finest Icon_minitimeMon Oct 10, 2011 1:59 pm

If I were Misty I would have driven buy as well. How can she be associated with a known criminal like yourself. LOL. I am surprised she was home when you got there.

Glad to see it only cost you some pride and not any greenbacks.
Back to top Go down
81X11

81X11

PostSubject: Re: My run-in with Round Rock's finest   My run-in with Round Rock's finest Icon_minitimeMon Oct 10, 2011 2:16 pm

There is a current insurance card in the car now....and I'll get over to the DMV soon to updte the license. Goofy thing is I just got my motorcycle license two years ago, and it didn't dawn on me to update the address even them. My new license with the M stamp on it still has the old address. Nice.

And yes I'm glad that adventure didn't cost me anything....but I'm still mad at my wife for not stopping.

-Mike
Back to top Go down
Cadet57

Cadet57

PostSubject: Re: My run-in with Round Rock's finest   My run-in with Round Rock's finest Icon_minitimeMon Oct 10, 2011 2:38 pm

95BRMW wrote:
Apparently its a crime to drive an old car in CT, or maybe just a Ford Very Happy

Everything is illegal in CT. Just like MA. Laughing
Back to top Go down
Bewber

Bewber

PostSubject: Re: My run-in with Round Rock's finest   My run-in with Round Rock's finest Icon_minitimeMon Oct 10, 2011 2:44 pm

Stops can go either way. March 9th, 2001 we were coming home from a nice dinner in the country and Adria had fish that was a little salty. Naturally, she drank a bunch of water. Also naturally, this wasn't a great idea because that was our actual due date for our oldest.

About halfway to her parents house, the baby shifted and she asked me to hurry so she could make it to her moms to go to the bathroom. I was doing TEN over on a country road and got pulled over. I splained it to Fife that we were due that day, and I was trying to keep her from peeing her pants.

The cop looked over at her, saw that she was WAY preggo, looked back at me with big eyes and goes, "OH MAN, OK, I'll make this quick!" He then jogged to his car, then a minute later jogged back and says, "OK guys, here's your ticket. Drive safe and good luck with the baby!"

It was the most courteous yet uncalled for screw job I'd ever gotten. He never showed at the courthouse and the ticket got dropped, but MAN was that retarded.
Back to top Go down
81X11

81X11

PostSubject: Re: My run-in with Round Rock's finest   My run-in with Round Rock's finest Icon_minitimeMon Oct 10, 2011 2:53 pm

Bewber wrote:
Stops can go either way. March 9th, 2001 we were coming home from a nice dinner in the country and Adria had fish that was a little salty. Naturally, she drank a bunch of water. Also naturally, this wasn't a great idea because that was our actual due date for our oldest.

About halfway to her parents house, the baby shifted and she asked me to hurry so she could make it to her moms to go to the bathroom. I was doing TEN over on a country road and got pulled over. I splained it to Fife that we were due that day, and I was trying to keep her from peeing her pants.

The cop looked over at her, saw that she was WAY preggo, looked back at me with big eyes and goes, "OH MAN, OK, I'll make this quick!" He then jogged to his car, then a minute later jogged back and says, "OK guys, here's your ticket. Drive safe and good luck with the baby!"

It was the most courteous yet uncalled for screw job I'd ever gotten. He never showed at the courthouse and the ticket got dropped, but MAN was that retarded.

I can't believe he gave you a ticket. Man what a JERK! You just never know!

-Mike
Back to top Go down

PostSubject: Re: My run-in with Round Rock's finest   My run-in with Round Rock's finest Icon_minitimeMon Oct 10, 2011 3:55 pm

Mike if that had happened in Jersey,you would be in jail and the kids would be with a social
worker.Admit it man you have one of those criminal faces and the cops just like to harass
you!
Jim
Back to top Go down
Olds Weighty Eight

Olds Weighty Eight

PostSubject: Re: My run-in with Round Rock's finest   My run-in with Round Rock's finest Icon_minitimeMon Oct 10, 2011 7:59 pm

phantom 309 wrote:
The kid probably has a for sale sign right now on that roadmaster so he doesn't attract anymore strange middle aged guys in wagons being chased by police,..

Kid in Roadmaster -> affraid

lol!
Back to top Go down
http://www.lakelandraceway.com/friends_garage
Sprocket

Sprocket

PostSubject: Re: My run-in with Round Rock's finest   My run-in with Round Rock's finest Icon_minitimeTue Oct 11, 2011 9:49 am

I don't think your wife should have stopped either. I had my Dad stop behind me once when I got pulled for something stupid (tail light or something don't recall) and the cop told him to leave the scene or be arrested as it was none of his business. Tried to explain we were together but the a-hole just got really hostile so Dad booked it as it was obvious if he didn't he'd get in trouble.

Back to top Go down
phantom 309

phantom 309

PostSubject: Re: My run-in with Round Rock's finest   My run-in with Round Rock's finest Icon_minitimeTue Oct 11, 2011 12:38 pm

Sprocket wrote:
I don't think your wife should have stopped either. I had my Dad stop behind me once when I got pulled for something stupid (tail light or something don't recall) and the cop told him to leave the scene or be arrested as it was none of his business. Tried to explain we were together but the a-hole just got really hostile so Dad booked it as it was obvious if he didn't he'd get in trouble.

It,s easier to deal with cops when you realise they are all insecure little men..with small penis's
and they all have the 'God complex'
So sit quietly and try to portray the attitude that you are slightly afraid and in awe of them and you truly are sorry for your transgression,. and it usually goes better that way,.Every cop is just dying for a dick measuring contest,. because they know the deck is stacked in their favour,.

Nick
Back to top Go down
lakeffect

lakeffect

PostSubject: Re: My run-in with Round Rock's finest   My run-in with Round Rock's finest Icon_minitimeTue Oct 11, 2011 1:32 pm

Invite the cop over to help you repair your electric fence. Maybe he'd appreciate foot long balls as well.
Back to top Go down
Sprocket

Sprocket

PostSubject: Re: My run-in with Round Rock's finest   My run-in with Round Rock's finest Icon_minitimeTue Oct 11, 2011 5:14 pm

phantom 309 wrote:
Sprocket wrote:

It,s easier to deal with cops when you realise they are all insecure little men..with small penis's
and they all have the 'God complex'
So sit quietly and try to portray the attitude that you are slightly afraid and in awe of them and you truly are sorry for your transgression,. and it usually goes better that way,.Every cop is just dying for a dick measuring contest,. because they know the deck is stacked in their favour,.

Nick

Word

And finish every sentence with sir

And finish every sentence with "sir"
Back to top Go down
sherlock9c1

PostSubject: Re: My run-in with Round Rock's finest   My run-in with Round Rock's finest Icon_minitimeTue Oct 11, 2011 7:41 pm

You seriously need to think about this from the cop's perspective.

1. You're a big dude. You intimidate cops even when you ARE smiling.
2. You drove erratically right in front of a cop. 99% of the time, people drive real calm and smooth in front of cops EXCEPT when they're drunk or really guilty (like drug running).
3. Stopping for a wagon? Lame excuse. How would he know that wasn't your drug dealer buddy hi-tailing it out of there? How would he know? Should have said you were just about out of gas and had two kids in the car.
4. Give Misty a hug for NOT stopping. As has been said, that just makes traffic stops more ugly. Seriously, it wasn't her fault you didn't have updated paperwork.

Hey at least you got no ticket!
Back to top Go down
81X11

81X11

PostSubject: Re: My run-in with Round Rock's finest   My run-in with Round Rock's finest Icon_minitimeWed Oct 12, 2011 7:06 am

Yep at least no ticket....but I still would have stopped if it had been Misty pulled over. I could care less if it upset Officer Bob.

Just glad it's over. Such fun!

-Mike
Back to top Go down

PostSubject: Re: My run-in with Round Rock's finest   My run-in with Round Rock's finest Icon_minitimeWed Oct 12, 2011 3:31 pm

Wait,are we still talking about Mike?Intimidating to who?
lol!
Jim
Back to top Go down
81X11

81X11

PostSubject: Re: My run-in with Round Rock's finest   My run-in with Round Rock's finest Icon_minitimeWed Oct 12, 2011 3:35 pm

Flasheroo wrote:
Wait,are we still talking about Mike?Intimidating to who?
lol!
Jim

Ford owners.....
Back to top Go down
phantom 309

phantom 309

PostSubject: Re: My run-in with Round Rock's finest   My run-in with Round Rock's finest Icon_minitimeWed Oct 12, 2011 7:23 pm

81X11 wrote:
.but I still would have stopped if it had been Misty pulled over. I could care less if it upset Officer Bob.

-Mike

ya just won;t learn will ya,.you pull over,. piss off officer bob,. he then gives misty 2 tickets
Misty is then pissed at you for stopping with your misguided defend the wife attitude,.when she almost had the situation defused and was about to leave with just a warning,.

You can always tell a texan,. but not much. What a Face

Nick
Back to top Go down
81X11

81X11

PostSubject: Re: My run-in with Round Rock's finest   My run-in with Round Rock's finest Icon_minitimeWed Oct 12, 2011 8:51 pm

Thank you Nick.....

Back to top Go down
crazyboutwagons

crazyboutwagons

PostSubject: Re: My run-in with Round Rock's finest   My run-in with Round Rock's finest Icon_minitimeSun Oct 16, 2011 2:20 am

i think you guys have to look at this from the police officers side .when they pull a car over for a traffic stop they never know what to expect with you outside the car and approching him he was just ordering back in the car to put distance between you and him for his and your safety. you say you did not see him could it have been because you were more interested in catching up to the other wagon that you may not have used your turn signal when turning. he may not have seen your kids in the car because of their size.

we just had a police officer killed this week in the pgh area as he approched a car the occupant shot him point blank 3 times killing him instantly. i drive a commercial truck for a living and as such go thru a lot of roadside inspections by both local police as well as state police/D.O.T agents and i am subject to more than just current registration ,insurance and liscense. i must keep acurate driver log book, correct placarding if hauling haz-mat cargo and proper paperwork covering the cargo i am transporting & current medical certification.i have gained the utmost respect for them and the jobs they must do. i am always curtious to them,i greet them as officer sir, what can i do for you and i have always been meet with a friendlly voice.

i think the general public would have a better understanding of traffic stops if they stooped for a second and thought what would they do if they were the ones doing the stopping and what they could be subject to.
Back to top Go down
occupant

occupant

PostSubject: Re: My run-in with Round Rock's finest   My run-in with Round Rock's finest Icon_minitimeSun Oct 16, 2011 9:48 am

A reason many officers no longer issue "warnings" is because directives from above have told them if you pulled over person X, then it may be possible they do other illegal things from time to time, and if you issue them a ticket, it gives them the chance to either pay the cost of living tax or not show up and get a warrant out so they can be arrested, searched, and other charges can be added if anything is "found". If the person shows up for court, the ticket gets dismissed. Officers don't get in much trouble if any at all for not showing up on traffic warrants.
Back to top Go down
http://mybeaterworld.com
Sponsored content

PostSubject: Re: My run-in with Round Rock's finest   My run-in with Round Rock's finest Icon_minitime

Back to top Go down

My run-in with Round Rock's finest
Page 1 of 1