GM Longroof Forum
Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.

HomeHome  PortalPortal  GalleryGallery  Latest imagesLatest images  SearchSearch  RegisterRegister  Log in  

A Few Pics of my New Shoes...

Go down 
+4
stockfornow
brokecello
jayoldschool
Wagon Collector
8 posters
AuthorMessage
Wagon Collector

Wagon Collector

A Few Pics of my New Shoes... Empty
PostSubject: A Few Pics of my New Shoes...   A Few Pics of my New Shoes... Icon_minitimeThu Aug 06, 2009 12:32 pm

It was nice out so I snapped a couple photos... picked these SS wheels up locally from Charlie Costello. They are like new. The tires wouldn't have been my first choice, but they will work. They are very sticky.

I think these look nice. Visually I think they make the chrome belt-line and rocker molding stand out too much. My next step is to remove the belt trim and color the rocker and wheel moldings in DCM. I also have body-colored mirrors and door handles to go on, along with black keyhole covers. Should look pretty mean when I get her all done.

A Few Pics of my New Shoes... DCM11

A Few Pics of my New Shoes... DCM2

A Few Pics of my New Shoes... DCM3
Back to top Go down
jayoldschool

jayoldschool

PostSubject: Re: A Few Pics of my New Shoes...   A Few Pics of my New Shoes... Icon_minitimeThu Aug 06, 2009 12:53 pm

Personally, I wouldn't change a thing. I think it looks great. I am starting to like the extra chrome on the Caprice vs the monochromatic look on the SS. Monochrome is getting dated from a styling point. Check out new car styling. More chrome every year.

Yes, I have two cars that are pretty monochromatic...
Back to top Go down
brokecello
brokecello

PostSubject: Re: A Few Pics of my New Shoes...   A Few Pics of my New Shoes... Icon_minitimeThu Aug 06, 2009 1:02 pm

Are those Bridgestone Potenzas?? (sp)

I had that same tire on my old SS wheels (now on my Dad's wagon)....I liked those tires a lot!!

That is a beautiful wagon...

Chris
Back to top Go down
http://www.ChrisPowellmusic.com
Wagon Collector

Wagon Collector

PostSubject: Re: A Few Pics of my New Shoes...   A Few Pics of my New Shoes... Icon_minitimeThu Aug 06, 2009 1:06 pm

jayoldschool wrote:
Personally, I wouldn't change a thing. I think it looks great. I am starting to like the extra chrome on the Caprice vs the monochromatic look on the SS. Monochrome is getting dated from a styling point. Check out new car styling. More chrome every year.

Yes, I have two cars that are pretty monochromatic...

Well, the pace at which I work will allow plenty of time to decide... I've been meaning to delete the belt line trim for two years now! Embarassed

Problem is that the plastic chrome doesn't look good up close. I wish there was a good way to restore it, a bunch of us Cappy wagon guys would like that very much.

brokecello wrote:
Are those Bridgestone Potenzas?? (sp)

I had that same tire on my old SS wheels (now on my Dad's wagon)....I liked those tires a lot!!

That is a beautiful wagon...

Chris

Thanks! Yes, they are Potenzas. I think the number 730 appears on there somewhere, too. They really are sticky in the corners, and have minimal noise on the highway.

I've been looking at 255/55-17 tires for this, but the lack of availability and cost means I'll probably just stick to the 255/50-17. Really they look fine on a slightly lowered car. Mine is only about 3/4 - 7/8 lower than stock.
Back to top Go down
stockfornow

stockfornow

PostSubject: Re: A Few Pics of my New Shoes...   A Few Pics of my New Shoes... Icon_minitimeThu Aug 06, 2009 1:19 pm

B-E-A-UTIFUL!

I really need to update my sig with my new wheels......
Back to top Go down
brokecello
brokecello

PostSubject: Re: A Few Pics of my New Shoes...   A Few Pics of my New Shoes... Icon_minitimeThu Aug 06, 2009 3:02 pm

stockfornow wrote:
B-E-A-UTIFUL!

I really need to update my sig with my new wheels......

Uumm...yeeah! Hello! Pics!! cyclops
Back to top Go down
http://www.ChrisPowellmusic.com
lornejay1

lornejay1

PostSubject: Re: A Few Pics of my New Shoes...   A Few Pics of my New Shoes... Icon_minitimeThu Aug 06, 2009 4:27 pm

Looks Good Kevin. I love the idea of it becoming a burgundy (very rare) ss wagon clone,

I vote chrome delete,but you already knew that. Nice car, Lorne.
Back to top Go down
toomanytoyz

toomanytoyz

PostSubject: Re: A Few Pics of my New Shoes...   A Few Pics of my New Shoes... Icon_minitimeThu Aug 06, 2009 5:58 pm

Dude... KEEP THE TRIM!

The caprice wagons just look great with that trim line, IMHO. And those wheels pick it up really nice. I'm with Jay. Leave it as is! We don't need another SS wagon clone! Wink

As a side note, as AWESOME as those Potenza RE730's are, check the date on them and watch for dry rot. They last made those like 5 years ago. I had them on my Caddy and LOVED them. Their replacements (RE750') however, SUCKED BALLS! Anyways, just be careful on them if they are indeed RE730's.
Back to top Go down
Wagon Collector

Wagon Collector

PostSubject: Re: A Few Pics of my New Shoes...   A Few Pics of my New Shoes... Icon_minitimeThu Aug 06, 2009 9:11 pm

toomanytoyz wrote:
Dude... KEEP THE TRIM!

The caprice wagons just look great with that trim line, IMHO. And those wheels pick it up really nice. I'm with Jay. Leave it as is! We don't need another SS wagon clone! Wink

I dunno... we'll see. Any ideas on how to re-chrome the chrome part? Maybe I could apply some chrome tape somehow. I'll play around with it. I also thought about wet sanding off the chrome. It's DCM underneath.

toomanytoyz wrote:
As a side note, as AWESOME as those Potenza RE730's are, check the date on them and watch for dry rot. They last made those like 5 years ago. I had them on my Caddy and LOVED them. Their replacements (RE750') however, SUCKED BALLS! Anyways, just be careful on them if they are indeed RE730's.

Thanks for the heads up. I do know they are fairly old, but they look good. They weren't in the sun or anything. The tires were sort of a "with the wheels" deal. I do like them, though.
Back to top Go down
94Woody

94Woody

PostSubject: Re: A Few Pics of my New Shoes...   A Few Pics of my New Shoes... Icon_minitimeThu Aug 06, 2009 9:49 pm

Wow, that looks really good. I vote for leaving the chrome.
Back to top Go down

PostSubject: Re: A Few Pics of my New Shoes...   A Few Pics of my New Shoes... Icon_minitimeTue Jul 13, 2010 8:39 am

What size are these tires, 255/50/17 or 255/55/17?

Back to top Go down
1993 Roady-man

1993 Roady-man

PostSubject: Re: A Few Pics of my New Shoes...   A Few Pics of my New Shoes... Icon_minitimeTue Feb 01, 2011 11:19 pm

That ride looks sweet just the way it is. Very nice.
Back to top Go down
Sponsored content

PostSubject: Re: A Few Pics of my New Shoes...   A Few Pics of my New Shoes... Icon_minitime

Back to top Go down

A Few Pics of my New Shoes...
Page 1 of 1