GM Longroof Forum
Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.

HomeHome  PortalPortal  GalleryGallery  Latest imagesLatest images  SearchSearch  RegisterRegister  Log in  

Grand National Wagon

Go down 
+2
1phastsswagon
81X11
6 posters
AuthorMessage
81X11

81X11

Grand National Wagon Empty
PostSubject: Grand National Wagon   Grand National Wagon Icon_minitimeFri Nov 25, 2011 7:48 pm

Regal Wagon
Regal Wagon
Back to top Go down
1phastsswagon

1phastsswagon

PostSubject: Re: Grand National Wagon   Grand National Wagon Icon_minitimeFri Nov 25, 2011 10:10 pm

Can u say S L E E P E R
Back to top Go down
https://sites.google.com/site/carissmacom/home
phantom 309

phantom 309

PostSubject: Re: Grand National Wagon   Grand National Wagon Icon_minitimeFri Nov 25, 2011 11:29 pm

1phastsswagon wrote:
Can u say S L E E P E R

"sleeper'
Back to top Go down
1phastsswagon

1phastsswagon

PostSubject: Re: Grand National Wagon   Grand National Wagon Icon_minitimeFri Nov 25, 2011 11:38 pm

LOL Smart Azz
Back to top Go down
https://sites.google.com/site/carissmacom/home
BigBlackBeaSSt

BigBlackBeaSSt

PostSubject: Re: Grand National Wagon   Grand National Wagon Icon_minitimeSat Nov 26, 2011 7:31 am

linky no worky
Back to top Go down
Grumpy

PostSubject: Re: Grand National Wagon   Grand National Wagon Icon_minitimeSat Nov 26, 2011 8:12 pm

Buick powered wagons are great Cool

Grand National Wagon 100_1787
Back to top Go down

PostSubject: Re: Grand National Wagon   Grand National Wagon Icon_minitimeSat Nov 26, 2011 10:32 pm

Please Grumpy,more pics of the engine compartments up close.
Jim
Back to top Go down
81X11

81X11

PostSubject: Re: Grand National Wagon   Grand National Wagon Icon_minitimeSun Nov 27, 2011 3:50 pm

Yep I'd love to see more pics of those! The Mazda and the Cruiser!
Back to top Go down
Grumpy

PostSubject: Re: Grand National Wagon   Grand National Wagon Icon_minitimeSun Nov 27, 2011 8:35 pm

Mazda is an 88 RX7. Buick motor and trans. Has an 8.8 Ford rear end. Car is def a sleeper as far as looks Cool

Grand National Wagon 102
Grand National Wagon 116
Grand National Wagon 117

Wagon is a Buick motor with a 700R4 trans. Has shocked a lot of people Twisted Evil

Grand National Wagon Picture074
Grand National Wagon Picture075
Back to top Go down

PostSubject: Re: Grand National Wagon   Grand National Wagon Icon_minitimeSun Nov 27, 2011 10:12 pm

Grumpy,how hard was putting that turbo V-6 in and getting it running right.Seeing your RX-7
reminds me of my nephews LS-2 RX-7.That little brat holds the current speed record in his
class at VIR (virginia international raceway) of 155mph on the long straight.Are those engines
both out of Grand Nationals?
Thanks Dan
Jim
Back to top Go down
Grumpy

PostSubject: Re: Grand National Wagon   Grand National Wagon Icon_minitimeMon Nov 28, 2011 7:39 am

Ya they are both 86/87 Buick intercooled motors. I worked on Buicks as a job from 1989/2002 ish. I was a die hard Ford guy years ago before that. I got out of cars in 1980 figuring everything was goin to be computer controlled. Then in 86 I got a GN.. Few months later got another. Before long I had a fleet of them. Then of course ya need parts so I also started piecing them out. Bought a LOT of wrecks and rust buckets over the years. Prob still have 8/10 engines an trannys left. Daughter also has 2. Apple doesn't fall far from the tree.
... The wagon was done by Jim Dunn from Pa. (another Buick nut). I looked at a G body wagon he had for sale a few years ago. I needed a beater at the time an noticed the BIG wagon sitting there. He did it for his wife as a cruiser. I ended up with the car a while ago. Have only done a few changes BUT have more in the back of my mind. Now all I need is time. It was a tight fit with the coil pack where the engine sits so far back. Jim went 12.7s with it from what I remember.
... The Mazda I brought as a project car. A gazillion $$$ later its just about done. Keeping the "enthusiasm" up is hard . Maybe I have to much junk affraid
.... The best thing on both cars is that they use a stock GN wiring harness. Makes life a lot easier. The engines go pretty good even as stock engines with just bolt on's. Mid 11s is not hard to do.. Get into the motor a little an ya have an easy 9/10 sec car that you can DRIVE with the AC on.
Back to top Go down
Grumpy

PostSubject: Re: Grand National Wagon   Grand National Wagon Icon_minitimeMon Nov 28, 2011 7:41 am

Oh was the wagon posted for sale ?? Or just a matter for discussion ?? There are a lot of Buick Turbo hybrids out there..
Back to top Go down
Sprocket

Sprocket

PostSubject: Re: Grand National Wagon   Grand National Wagon Icon_minitimeMon Nov 28, 2011 8:21 am

I so wanted your OCC when it was up for sale....funding was a big issue and still is, but that is one badarse car, yeah I recall mid 12s as well
Back to top Go down
Grumpy

PostSubject: Re: Grand National Wagon   Grand National Wagon Icon_minitimeMon Nov 28, 2011 9:05 pm

Sprocket wrote:
I so wanted your OCC when it was up for sale....funding was a big issue and still is, but that is one badarse car, yeah I recall mid 12s as well

The car is a blast to drive. Handles GREAT to !! Jim had a lot of good stuff in the car Cool
Back to top Go down
Sponsored content

PostSubject: Re: Grand National Wagon   Grand National Wagon Icon_minitime

Back to top Go down

Grand National Wagon
Page 1 of 1