GM Longroof Forum
Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.

HomeHome  PortalPortal  GalleryGallery  Latest imagesLatest images  SearchSearch  RegisterRegister  Log in  

Put'n big blue to work Fri. into Sat.

Go down 
3 posters
AuthorMessage
Steve Smith

Put'n big blue to work Fri. into Sat. Empty
PostSubject: Put'n big blue to work Fri. into Sat.   Put'n big blue to work Fri. into Sat. Icon_minitimeSun Dec 11, 2011 5:37 pm

Went down to West Virginia to pick up another Grand Prix. Saw this non-running, 157K all original '99 GTP coupe on ebay and convinced the owner to sell it to me before the auction was over. Approx 500 miles away. 'ol Roadie never missed a beat even when towing up and down in the mountains.
Not the most impressive gas mileage though Shocked A best of 13.39 m.p.g. with the car on the trailer, worst of 13.01 m.p.g. Sad
Glad she has the LT1 Cool
Put'n big blue to work Fri. into Sat. Roadietowing12-10-11
Back to top Go down
toomanytoyz

toomanytoyz

PostSubject: Re: Put'n big blue to work Fri. into Sat.   Put'n big blue to work Fri. into Sat. Icon_minitimeSun Dec 11, 2011 6:03 pm

Awesome. I love these things! Very Happy
Back to top Go down
81X11

81X11

PostSubject: Re: Put'n big blue to work Fri. into Sat.   Put'n big blue to work Fri. into Sat. Icon_minitimeSun Dec 11, 2011 10:19 pm

Did you tow in 3rd or Overdrive? Roadys love to tow!

Nice score on the GP! My wife;s '01 GP is just about to hit 150K miles. Still a nice car. I miss Pontiac!

-Mike
Back to top Go down
Steve Smith

PostSubject: Re: Put'n big blue to work Fri. into Sat.   Put'n big blue to work Fri. into Sat. Icon_minitimeSun Dec 11, 2011 10:51 pm

Used 3rd gear mostly in the mountains both up for better pulling and down for some engine braking. Temps were in the low 30s at night when towing in the mountains so I didn't notice ANY hot running issues. Used all 4 gears on flat roads.
I recently pulled my '98 GTP into the shop for a bit of brake line repairs, only to realize I just didn't feel like fixing all the bad rust and rotted areas. This '99 coupe has a bad engine with almost exactly twice the miles on it as my '98 (157K vs 79K). The blue '99 looks to be fully loaded with factory options, including.....leather,moon roof,top of the line stereo, heads up display,heated driver's seat, and auto dim mirror. Paid a resonable, in my opinion, $1400 cash for the car. I've been stocking up on items for the '98 for a few years now, which I'll use on the new one. Brand new headlights, tail lights, rug, mats, American Racing 17 inch polished alum rims, some small interior lights, and a completely reconditioned, back to factory specs stereo.
I hope to have it on the road by this Summer. Glad I kept the Roadie,never could have pulled the GTP with the 3.1Century.
Back to top Go down
Sponsored content

PostSubject: Re: Put'n big blue to work Fri. into Sat.   Put'n big blue to work Fri. into Sat. Icon_minitime

Back to top Go down

Put'n big blue to work Fri. into Sat.
Page 1 of 1