GM Longroof Forum
Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.

HomeHome  PortalPortal  GalleryGallery  Latest imagesLatest images  SearchSearch  RegisterRegister  Log in  

A different kind of B-body Buick for me

Go down 
+4
BigBlackBeaSSt
phantom 309
81X11
Lynol
8 posters
AuthorMessage
Lynol

Lynol

A different kind of B-body Buick for me Empty
PostSubject: A different kind of B-body Buick for me   A different kind of B-body Buick for me Icon_minitimeWed Dec 14, 2011 9:36 am

OK, so not a wagon, but it IS a B-body! Just bought this the other day for $1,200. It's a 1975 Buick LeSabre Custom convertible! it's got a Buick 350 that runs so amazingly smooth it puts every other V8 I've had to shame. I can't wait to be home in the DAYLIGHT to play with it. It drives great too. The frame is very good, but the body has been messed with by some idiot who sanded a bunch of paint off and let it rust, as well as other Bondo slap-on jobs and what appears to be adobe around the rear fender edges, lol. This video includes a quick walk around of it, and also of my other new Buick; a '98 PA Ultra. (winter car)
Back to top Go down
81X11

81X11

PostSubject: Re: A different kind of B-body Buick for me   A different kind of B-body Buick for me Icon_minitimeWed Dec 14, 2011 9:58 am

Very cool toys! Had a buddy with a 73 Grandville Ragtop, same top, and it's so neat how those tops work. As the top goes down it does not just fold back on itself, it actually squeezes together as it goes down, and then gets wider as it goes up. Quite the 70's engineering!

The 1/4's on all those cars rusted. No surprise. That will be SHARP once you paint it up and work out the bugs. Oh and it's CRYING for a set of chrome Buick Road Wheels.

As for the Park Ave, that should be a good daily runner for you. You can tell it's a northern car...in a good way...the sun yellowed all the headlights on the ones here and the dashboards warp like mad in the heat. Yours looks really good.

I had that '95 Park Ave Ultra. Loved the power of the SC engine and they are smooth driving cars. Good luck with it.

Congrats on the new toys!

-Mike
Back to top Go down
81X11

81X11

PostSubject: Re: A different kind of B-body Buick for me   A different kind of B-body Buick for me Icon_minitimeWed Dec 14, 2011 10:23 am

This might be cheaper than doing the bodywork on the 75. Road trip? Smile

Your car needs those wheels.

http://dallas.craigslist.org/dal/cto/2706149252.html
Back to top Go down

PostSubject: Re: A different kind of B-body Buick for me   A different kind of B-body Buick for me Icon_minitimeWed Dec 14, 2011 11:00 am

Nice buy on both those Buicks.Always thought that the Ultras were much sharper and classier
than the standard cars.I know it was kind of a gimmick but I have always wanted to be able
to install a set of those rear fold down visors just ahead of my vista roof in my OCC.Sorry to
hear you sold the Scout but space is limited so something has to go.
Jim
Back to top Go down
phantom 309

phantom 309

PostSubject: Re: A different kind of B-body Buick for me   A different kind of B-body Buick for me Icon_minitimeWed Dec 14, 2011 11:04 am

I,m liking the ultra,. i bought 4 85-89 park avenues and regencys, with the 3.8,. everone had a skipped timing chain,. i replaced the chains and resold them,. and did well,.
some folks and their mechanics didn't realise the 3.8 wasn't an interference fit motor,. so the valves didn't hit,.great cars good value for money,.
Your big convertible, it might be an idea to investigate the cost of media blasing it and covering it with primer,. it makes redoing stuff like you,re going to do much easier,.

now change your signature, you have 2 trunks now,. Wink

Nick
Back to top Go down
Lynol

Lynol

PostSubject: Re: A different kind of B-body Buick for me   A different kind of B-body Buick for me Icon_minitimeWed Dec 14, 2011 11:43 am

81X11 wrote:
This might be cheaper than doing the bodywork on the 75. Road trip? Smile

Your car needs those wheels.

http://dallas.craigslist.org/dal/cto/2706149252.html
Whoa that's a weird one. That looks like it's got a front from a '76 Electra or a front from a '76 LeSabre with an Electra grille. Either way I thought 1975 was the last year for the B-body convertibles? Oh and yeah those are nice wheels, I actually looked at a rust bucket mess 1975 with those wheels. I would like to get some!
Back to top Go down
Lynol

Lynol

PostSubject: Re: A different kind of B-body Buick for me   A different kind of B-body Buick for me Icon_minitimeWed Dec 14, 2011 1:21 pm

81X11 wrote:
...You can tell it's a northern car...in a good way...the sun yellowed all the headlights on the ones here and the dashboards warp like mad in the heat....
The headlights on this PA were fogged and yellow when I bought it. Once I saw new ones were $160 a side, I opted for the Mother's headlight restore kit with "power ball" for the drill. Highly recommended!
Back to top Go down
BigBlackBeaSSt

BigBlackBeaSSt

PostSubject: Re: A different kind of B-body Buick for me   A different kind of B-body Buick for me Icon_minitimeWed Dec 14, 2011 1:26 pm

Love the Utlra!!! I have though about buying one of these. I friend traded on in that was close to PERFECT!! But wanted to much for me. What a great road car.

Nice toys Lynol. BTW... next time you drive the g-pa it will require both feet!! Very Happy
Back to top Go down
Lynol

Lynol

PostSubject: Re: A different kind of B-body Buick for me   A different kind of B-body Buick for me Icon_minitimeWed Dec 14, 2011 2:51 pm

BigBlackBeaSSt wrote:
... BTW... next time you drive the g-pa it will require both feet!! Very Happy
I look forward to that!!
Back to top Go down
Lynol

Lynol

PostSubject: Re: A different kind of B-body Buick for me   A different kind of B-body Buick for me Icon_minitimeWed Dec 14, 2011 5:14 pm

Here's a pic of it with the top down! It works great. I took it for a little ride before dark. I wish it was summer now lol.A different kind of B-body Buick for me P1010810
Back to top Go down
81X11

81X11

PostSubject: Re: A different kind of B-body Buick for me   A different kind of B-body Buick for me Icon_minitimeWed Dec 14, 2011 5:44 pm

Those have nice lines. Good luck with it!

Does the heater work...I hope?
Back to top Go down
BigBlackBeaSSt

BigBlackBeaSSt

PostSubject: Re: A different kind of B-body Buick for me   A different kind of B-body Buick for me Icon_minitimeWed Dec 14, 2011 5:49 pm

I love a rag top.......

1969 Olds Delta 88 Conv., red/white/white, 455 w/2bbl
1972 Buick Skylark, Red/black/black, 350 w/2bbl
1996 (I think) Olds Cutlass Supreme Conv. - Loved the concept (conv with roll bar) and body design, hated the car. Piece of CRAP!!!

Back to top Go down
DBeaSSt
Admin
DBeaSSt

PostSubject: Re: A different kind of B-body Buick for me   A different kind of B-body Buick for me Icon_minitimeWed Dec 14, 2011 6:13 pm

Nice convertible! Congrats! I like those later model Park Avenue's too, even if they are front drive. Wink
Back to top Go down
http://www.prosise.name
silverfox103
silverfox103

PostSubject: Re: A different kind of B-body Buick for me   A different kind of B-body Buick for me Icon_minitimeWed Dec 14, 2011 11:15 pm

Lynol

PM sent!

Tom
Back to top Go down
toomanytoyz

toomanytoyz

PostSubject: Re: A different kind of B-body Buick for me   A different kind of B-body Buick for me Icon_minitimeWed Dec 14, 2011 11:43 pm

Man, I always wanted a 73! Can I call dibs? Or is no one allowed to sell me anything on here anymore? Smile

Very cool.
Back to top Go down
95BRMW

95BRMW

PostSubject: Re: A different kind of B-body Buick for me   A different kind of B-body Buick for me Icon_minitimeFri Dec 16, 2011 9:50 am

That Lesabre is going to be awesome come summer, nothing like a roof-less land yacht!
I can really see the Rivier's designs in that Park ave, guess they incorporated the curves of that car into most Buick's from then on.
Back to top Go down
81X11

81X11

PostSubject: Re: A different kind of B-body Buick for me   A different kind of B-body Buick for me Icon_minitimeFri Dec 16, 2011 9:52 am

95BRMW wrote:
That Lesabre is going to be awesome come summer, nothing like a roof-less land yacht!
I can really see the Rivier's designs in that Park ave, guess they incorporated the curves of that car into most Buick's from then on.

Will be a cool car to go cruising at the shore! Have fun!
Back to top Go down
Sponsored content

PostSubject: Re: A different kind of B-body Buick for me   A different kind of B-body Buick for me Icon_minitime

Back to top Go down

A different kind of B-body Buick for me
Page 1 of 1