GM Longroof Forum
Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.

HomeHome  PortalPortal  GalleryGallery  Latest imagesLatest images  SearchSearch  RegisterRegister  Log in  

Car wash fun and road trip tomorrow

Go down 
5 posters
AuthorMessage
81X11

81X11

Car wash fun and road trip tomorrow Empty
PostSubject: Car wash fun and road trip tomorrow   Car wash fun and road trip tomorrow Icon_minitimeSat Dec 17, 2011 1:17 am

I'm headed to Dallas tomorrow in the Roady and spent the evening cleaning her all up. My brother and my wife's best friends are riding up with me for an early holiday dinner and gift exchange at the in-laws. We do this every year, her family the weekend before Christmas, and mine ON Christmas. Works for me.

ANYWAY rather than unwrapping the outside garage faucet....which is bundled up for freezing weather got one (1) night a week ago, I went to the local do-it-yourself car wash. On getting there, I saw a gorgeous Impala SS in one of the bays. I pulled in the next bay and walked over, and spent the next hour talking about Impalas and wagons with this guy. His was a gorgeous 1995 SS.....with over 300K miles on it! He'd just recently replaced the engine and had just finished putting new carpet in the car. It's on it's 3rd paint job...which was why it looked so good! Some light mods, RAISS intake, some silver interior trim, and slightly larger wheels, but basically stock....and REALLY sharp.

Anyway this guy really liked my wagon, and looked under the hood and in the car. Said it was the cleanest one he's seen....which made me feel good! Ended up parking the Impala and Roady side-by-side to vaccum and detail them. Both got some looks!

So he let me know they have a group of Impalas and wagons based in San Antonio, and often they meet at Cabela's down in Buda, for the far-south weekly Sat cruise-in (it's about an hour's drive for me and I've never made this meet...always just go to the close north Austin one). Will be making this trek now for sure!

He invited me to join their club, and said they have cruises in the hill country and around town, and also it's a great hookup for local parts http://www.sail-ss.org/ Pretty neat!

Well just got home just a bit ago. The Roady is spotless and ready to run to Big D!

Have a great weekend all!

-Mike
Back to top Go down

PostSubject: Re: Car wash fun and road trip tomorrow   Car wash fun and road trip tomorrow Icon_minitimeSat Dec 17, 2011 7:30 am

Always good to mingle with local B-body enthusiasts. Smile Nice one, Mike.

No pics? Maybe you aren't Mike after all....
Back to top Go down
Sprocket

Sprocket

PostSubject: Re: Car wash fun and road trip tomorrow   Car wash fun and road trip tomorrow Icon_minitimeSat Dec 17, 2011 7:41 am

Lol, yeah that was what I was thinking. Mike, no pics? Universe is out of balance...
Back to top Go down

PostSubject: Re: Car wash fun and road trip tomorrow   Car wash fun and road trip tomorrow Icon_minitimeSat Dec 17, 2011 8:19 am

Yep.

BRB, going to my bomb shelter.
Back to top Go down
toomanytoyz

toomanytoyz

PostSubject: Re: Car wash fun and road trip tomorrow   Car wash fun and road trip tomorrow Icon_minitimeSun Dec 18, 2011 12:00 pm

Sprocket wrote:
Lol, yeah that was what I was thinking. Mike, no pics? Universe is out of balance...

LOL! Funny, I thought the same thing!!!! Razz

And who was it? I know a few of those guys too. Good bunch. Very cool.
Back to top Go down
81X11

81X11

PostSubject: Re: Car wash fun and road trip tomorrow   Car wash fun and road trip tomorrow Icon_minitimeMon Dec 19, 2011 10:51 am

Sorry had no camera in the car that night. I know, I failed.

Good trip to Dallas. Big party Saty night, about 30 people at my in-laws house. My brother-in-law's father flew down from Utah. He drives a Tahoe in Utah and they rented him a black Prius at DFW airport, and he took me out to make fun of it. He loved my wagon.

Only one issue at the party. Two of the older folks, after lots of beer and spiked egg nog, started talking politics (a topic that should be banned at holiday parties). Turns out one was a raging liberal democrat and the other a bedrock replublican. Before we knew it they were in each other's faces, and the women had to jump in and break the argument up. Never a dull moment.

The Roady did super on the trip. The speed limit on I-35 was recently raised to 75mph, and I set the cruise at 80 and still got over 20mpg up and back. I also had a little more spiked egg nog than I should have, and my brother drove the Roady home. After his Pathfinder he said the Roady felt like a lowrider. Ha!

All in all a good weekend.

-Mike
Back to top Go down
Olds Weighty Eight

Olds Weighty Eight

PostSubject: Re: Car wash fun and road trip tomorrow   Car wash fun and road trip tomorrow Icon_minitimeMon Dec 19, 2011 12:52 pm

81X11 wrote:
Sorry had no camera in the car that night. I know, I failed.

Yep. No pics, it didn't happen. Suspect
Back to top Go down
http://www.lakelandraceway.com/friends_garage
BigBlackBeaSSt

BigBlackBeaSSt

PostSubject: Re: Car wash fun and road trip tomorrow   Car wash fun and road trip tomorrow Icon_minitimeMon Dec 19, 2011 1:14 pm

Happen, what happened!! Smile
Back to top Go down
Sponsored content

PostSubject: Re: Car wash fun and road trip tomorrow   Car wash fun and road trip tomorrow Icon_minitime

Back to top Go down

Car wash fun and road trip tomorrow
Page 1 of 1