GM Longroof Forum
Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.

HomeHome  PortalPortal  GalleryGallery  Latest imagesLatest images  SearchSearch  RegisterRegister  Log in  

WTB: 96 ROADY WAG. DRIVER INSIDE DOOR PANEL -TAN pref.

Go down 
4 posters
AuthorMessage
Roadagon

WTB: 96 ROADY WAG. DRIVER INSIDE DOOR PANEL -TAN pref. Empty
PostSubject: WTB: 96 ROADY WAG. DRIVER INSIDE DOOR PANEL -TAN pref.   WTB: 96 ROADY WAG. DRIVER INSIDE DOOR PANEL -TAN pref. Icon_minitimeSun Dec 25, 2011 11:14 am

Looking for a nice inside door panel to fit my 96 roady wag. Preferably tan,but I would buy a good
condition other color panel and paint it. Thank you ed ( I am a new guy to LR)
Back to top Go down
Sprocket

Sprocket

PostSubject: Re: WTB: 96 ROADY WAG. DRIVER INSIDE DOOR PANEL -TAN pref.   WTB: 96 ROADY WAG. DRIVER INSIDE DOOR PANEL -TAN pref. Icon_minitimeMon Dec 26, 2011 7:58 am

If you see any color get it, these panels are hard to find in good condition
Back to top Go down
BigBlackBeaSSt

BigBlackBeaSSt

PostSubject: Re: WTB: 96 ROADY WAG. DRIVER INSIDE DOOR PANEL -TAN pref.   WTB: 96 ROADY WAG. DRIVER INSIDE DOOR PANEL -TAN pref. Icon_minitimeMon Dec 26, 2011 8:41 am

I have a few tan panels in various states. The one on my car has been fixed as well. If yours is not it horrid shape, remove it reinforce it with fiber glass and re-install it.

If your is really bad, I have several with small cracks on them and would need this done to them.

PM me if you like.

And Sprocket is right, they are rare to find in perfect (uncracked) condition. If you think you have found one look at the back in the front corner where the arm rest meets the panel. That is where the crack starts. Be sure all the tabs are there. If it has no sun fade you have a $175+ panel.
Back to top Go down
Fred Kiehl

Fred Kiehl

PostSubject: Re: WTB: 96 ROADY WAG. DRIVER INSIDE DOOR PANEL -TAN pref.   WTB: 96 ROADY WAG. DRIVER INSIDE DOOR PANEL -TAN pref. Icon_minitimeTue Dec 27, 2011 12:04 am

The part of the panel that cracks/breaks is made from styrene. You can use a judicious amount of MEK to melt the parts together from the back side, and then use some scrap styrene to reinforce the area with more MEK to melt the reinforcement to the back of the panel. Shape the styrene with a heat gun to match the curves of the panel. Do not touch the front of the panel while using MEK, or you will leave your finger print on the surface.

There is usually a small ridge where the repair is, because the liquified plastic oozes out a little. Allow it to dry for a couple of hours or over night. Go over it with a piece of Scotchbrite to remove the ridge after it has solidified.

You probably will have to paint the panel, because if you get any MEK on the front side, it will make the area shiny. The Scotchbrite will take the shine off for the most part.

Do this outside. MEK is nasty stuff.
Back to top Go down
Sponsored content

PostSubject: Re: WTB: 96 ROADY WAG. DRIVER INSIDE DOOR PANEL -TAN pref.   WTB: 96 ROADY WAG. DRIVER INSIDE DOOR PANEL -TAN pref. Icon_minitime

Back to top Go down

WTB: 96 ROADY WAG. DRIVER INSIDE DOOR PANEL -TAN pref.
Page 1 of 1