GM Longroof Forum
Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.

HomeHome  PortalPortal  GalleryGallery  Latest imagesLatest images  SearchSearch  RegisterRegister  Log in  

Why is it called a ‘Station Wagon’?

Go down 
3 posters
AuthorMessage
Olds Weighty Eight

Olds Weighty Eight

Why is it called a ‘Station Wagon’? Empty
PostSubject: Why is it called a ‘Station Wagon’?   Why is it called a ‘Station Wagon’? Icon_minitimeMon Jan 02, 2012 2:06 pm

Back to top Go down
http://www.lakelandraceway.com/friends_garage

PostSubject: Re: Why is it called a ‘Station Wagon’?   Why is it called a ‘Station Wagon’? Icon_minitimeMon Jan 02, 2012 6:59 pm

Saw that this am and enjoyed it a lot.Makes a lot of sense when you really think about.If you have any questions Greg,let me know!
Jim cheers
Back to top Go down
Bewber

Bewber

PostSubject: Re: Why is it called a ‘Station Wagon’?   Why is it called a ‘Station Wagon’? Icon_minitimeTue Jan 03, 2012 9:14 am

Great read. This will actually help me be a better parent this week than I was last week.

Just last week, my oldest - knowing he was being antagonizing asked me, "So, why would anybody even make station wagons in the first place?"

Because I didn't have THOSE facts, I reverted to "Are you kidding me? Why make wagons? Bite your tongue, you turd! The real question that needs to be asked is why they'd bother to make anything BUT wagons!"

He just smiled and kept pressing his luck - since we were in my cavalier wagon he replied, "Ok, so I get that a big wagon can haul stuff, but why bother to make such a little weenie wagon like this. This thing barely hauls US!"

To which I rattled off the huge list of things I'd hauled in it, including a transmission, and I made the mistake of bragging that the car hauled so much stuff in the back end on one trip, that it was dang near doing a wheelie.

His responce - "Almost a wheelie, huh? ......... Good thing it had YOU sitting at the front!"

Ahhhh, good times.
Back to top Go down
jimbeau

PostSubject: Re: Why is it called a ‘Station Wagon’?   Why is it called a ‘Station Wagon’? Icon_minitimeWed Jan 04, 2012 7:19 pm

The nuns are gonna love that kid. Have him wear gloves to school.
As far as why there are wagons; tell him that once upon a time, there were no minivans or civilized pickup trucks.
Back to top Go down
Bewber

Bewber

PostSubject: Re: Why is it called a ‘Station Wagon’?   Why is it called a ‘Station Wagon’? Icon_minitimeWed Jan 04, 2012 7:31 pm

Haha, his teacher now is a nun. Her note to him for Christmas break was "Make a resolution about nonsense."

This led to the following conversation:

Father - What's this about nonsense? You some kind of screw off in class?

son - NO, DAD! I swear I'm not, but sometimes I do make jokes that other people hear and then they laugh.

Father - Are your jokes even funny?

son - Well, yea. Pretty much.

Father - Ok then. Good. As long as you're funny enough to justify whatever trouble you might get in. That's all I ask.
Back to top Go down
jimbeau

PostSubject: Re: Why is it called a ‘Station Wagon’?   Why is it called a ‘Station Wagon’? Icon_minitimeThu Jan 05, 2012 5:51 am

such a GOOD father...

Oh yeah, is the boy going to make a resolution... or not?
Back to top Go down
Bewber

Bewber

PostSubject: Re: Why is it called a ‘Station Wagon’?   Why is it called a ‘Station Wagon’? Icon_minitimeThu Jan 05, 2012 8:09 am

Meh. He also explained he very often gets blame/credit for a LOT of disruptions that he didn't have any part of.

It's not really that big of a deal. His teacher is a sweet lady, but she was already old and a loony toon when ADRIA had her as a 5th grade teacher.
Back to top Go down

PostSubject: Re: Why is it called a ‘Station Wagon’?   Why is it called a ‘Station Wagon’? Icon_minitimeThu Jan 05, 2012 2:46 pm

Sounds like he takes after his pop,right John?In todays world,guess thats not such a bad thing.
Jim
Back to top Go down
Sponsored content

PostSubject: Re: Why is it called a ‘Station Wagon’?   Why is it called a ‘Station Wagon’? Icon_minitime

Back to top Go down

Why is it called a ‘Station Wagon’?
Page 1 of 1