GM Longroof Forum
Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.

HomeHome  PortalPortal  GalleryGallery  Latest imagesLatest images  SearchSearch  RegisterRegister  Log in  

Rules of Wagonhood

Go down 
+8
Krzdimond
phantom 309
Wagonmaster russ
Olds Weighty Eight
Bewber
lakeffect
Nick Danger
81X11
12 posters
AuthorMessage
81X11

81X11

Rules of Wagonhood Empty
PostSubject: Rules of Wagonhood   Rules of Wagonhood Icon_minitimeTue Jan 03, 2012 3:33 pm

Back to top Go down
Nick Danger

Nick Danger

Rules of Wagonhood Empty
PostSubject: Re: Rules of Wagonhood   Rules of Wagonhood Icon_minitimeTue Jan 03, 2012 3:48 pm

By rule #2, a VW Type 3 squareback is a wagon, but the VW Type 3 fastback is not. Same car, different roofline. It's all about roofline.

Rules of Wagonhood 271px-1966_Volkswagen_1600_Squareback Rules of Wagonhood 250px-VW_Typ_3_front_20080227
Back to top Go down
http://www.unseengallery.com

Rules of Wagonhood Empty
PostSubject: Re: Rules of Wagonhood   Rules of Wagonhood Icon_minitimeTue Jan 03, 2012 4:27 pm

Both of the above VWs usually self combust after a long run on the interstate.Years ago use
to see those burned heaps on every interstate highway.Yes some are wagons and some are
not but I feel that the CTS-V is a wagon even with its sloping back window.The Volvo P1800
is a beautiful wagon because of its beautiful back window.Use to feel anything with a flip up
1 piece tailgate was always a hatchback but not anymore.Could probably argue this for hours.
Always liked the squareback with a Empi kit and lowered and all black of course.
Jim
Back to top Go down
lakeffect

lakeffect

Rules of Wagonhood Empty
PostSubject: Re: Rules of Wagonhood   Rules of Wagonhood Icon_minitimeTue Jan 03, 2012 6:54 pm

I'd add a wagon has has four doors, therefore I'd rule out the Honda Civic hatchback that is made reference to. Even the manufacturer called it a"HATCHBACK" so why is there argument about it possibly being a wagon.. It isn't.

The rare exception (to me at least) was the 55-57 Chevy, some of which had two or four door variants, but shared the same (long) roof.
Back to top Go down
81X11

81X11

Rules of Wagonhood Empty
PostSubject: Re: Rules of Wagonhood   Rules of Wagonhood Icon_minitimeTue Jan 03, 2012 6:57 pm

lakeffect wrote:
I'd add a wagon has has four doors, therefore I'd rule out the Honda Civic hatchback that is made reference to. Even the manufacturer called it a"HATCHBACK" so why is there argument about it possibly being a wagon.. It isn't.

The rare exception (to me at least) was the 55-57 Chevy, some of which had two or four door variants, but shared the same (long) roof.

I'll take a mid 50's 2dr Nomad or 2dr Pontiac Safari, same cars. Those are wagons. Would also take an early 70's 2-door Vega GT wagon with a 350 wedged under the hood. Zoommm!
Back to top Go down
Bewber

Bewber

Rules of Wagonhood Empty
PostSubject: Re: Rules of Wagonhood   Rules of Wagonhood Icon_minitimeTue Jan 03, 2012 7:03 pm

A friend of mine is building a 66 chevelle wagon that's a 2 door. Definetly bitchin, and definitely a wagon.
Back to top Go down
lakeffect

lakeffect

Rules of Wagonhood Empty
PostSubject: Re: Rules of Wagonhood   Rules of Wagonhood Icon_minitimeTue Jan 03, 2012 7:09 pm

Bewber wrote:
A friend of mine is building a 66 chevelle wagon that's a 2 door. Definetly bitchin, and definitely a wagon.

Agreed... definitely a wagon. Would gladly accept donation of one to fill my garage.
Back to top Go down

Rules of Wagonhood Empty
PostSubject: Re: Rules of Wagonhood   Rules of Wagonhood Icon_minitimeTue Jan 03, 2012 7:11 pm

John those 2 door chevelle wagons are worth big bucks now.I remember when they were next
to useless because noone wanted a 2 door wagon due to the kids climbing into the backseat.
They sure look good now!
Jim
Back to top Go down
Olds Weighty Eight

Olds Weighty Eight

Rules of Wagonhood Empty
PostSubject: Re: Rules of Wagonhood   Rules of Wagonhood Icon_minitimeTue Jan 03, 2012 7:49 pm

Those two rules are weak. When they say that a Civic Hatchback is a wagon and these sedan deliveries are not, the rules suck.

Rules of Wagonhood Our_65_sedan_delivery

Rules of Wagonhood Ccrp_0605_ranch_20_z+phoenix_car_junkyard+1959_chevy_biscayne_sedan_delivery

Rules of Wagonhood 1955-Chevy-Sedan-Delivery
Back to top Go down
http://www.lakelandraceway.com/friends_garage

Rules of Wagonhood Empty
PostSubject: Re: Rules of Wagonhood   Rules of Wagonhood Icon_minitimeTue Jan 03, 2012 8:02 pm

AGREE BIG TIME!
Jim
Back to top Go down
lakeffect

lakeffect

Rules of Wagonhood Empty
PostSubject: Re: Rules of Wagonhood   Rules of Wagonhood Icon_minitimeTue Jan 03, 2012 9:07 pm

I see three good examples of Sedan Deliveries, not wagons, based on no windows.

Although I'd gladly take the 64 Falcon and tri-five anytime. Gotta bring home parts for Shammoo somehow! The Chevy in the middle might be good for someone with lots of skill/talent, but that does not describe me.
Back to top Go down

Rules of Wagonhood Empty
PostSubject: Re: Rules of Wagonhood   Rules of Wagonhood Icon_minitimeTue Jan 03, 2012 9:27 pm

That plus the sheep get nervous when they cant see out the windows dont they?
Jim
Back to top Go down
lakeffect

lakeffect

Rules of Wagonhood Empty
PostSubject: Re: Rules of Wagonhood   Rules of Wagonhood Icon_minitimeTue Jan 03, 2012 9:32 pm

OUCH!

( true... but Ouch, just the same!)
Back to top Go down
Wagonmaster russ

Wagonmaster russ

Rules of Wagonhood Empty
PostSubject: Re: Rules of Wagonhood   Rules of Wagonhood Icon_minitimeTue Jan 03, 2012 11:04 pm

And dogs can't stck their heads out the windows!

Flasheroo wrote:
That plus the sheep get nervous when they cant see out the windows dont they?
Jim
Back to top Go down
phantom 309

phantom 309

Rules of Wagonhood Empty
PostSubject: Re: Rules of Wagonhood   Rules of Wagonhood Icon_minitimeTue Jan 03, 2012 11:40 pm

Sedan delivery's are good for working sheep,.

Rules of Wagonhood Hookersheep

Nick
Back to top Go down
Krzdimond
Admin
Krzdimond

Rules of Wagonhood Empty
PostSubject: Re: Rules of Wagonhood   Rules of Wagonhood Icon_minitimeTue Jan 03, 2012 11:55 pm

Now look what you've done Nick, Dave won't be able to sleep for a WEEK>
Back to top Go down

Rules of Wagonhood Empty
PostSubject: Re: Rules of Wagonhood   Rules of Wagonhood Icon_minitimeWed Jan 04, 2012 12:18 am

Dave is presently busy googleling sexy sheep outfits and shoes.LMAO,Nick thats a good one.
Jim
Back to top Go down
lakeffect

lakeffect

Rules of Wagonhood Empty
PostSubject: Re: Rules of Wagonhood   Rules of Wagonhood Icon_minitimeWed Jan 04, 2012 8:17 am

Anyone know how to get all this drool of my keyboard?
Well... at least I think It's drool?

In Arkansas they practice safe relations with sheep. They paint a big red X on the sheep that kick.

Brought to you as a public service announcement by the Arkansas Sedan Delivery Owners and Sheep Herders Assoc

Rules of Wagonhood Sheep2-1

Back to top Go down
phantom 309

phantom 309

Rules of Wagonhood Empty
PostSubject: Re: Rules of Wagonhood   Rules of Wagonhood Icon_minitimeWed Jan 04, 2012 11:06 am

lakeffect wrote:
Anyone know how to get all this drool of my keyboard?
Well... at least I think It's drool?

In Arkansas they practice safe relations with sheep. They paint a big red X on the sheep that kick.

Brought to you as a public service announcement by the Arkansas Sedan Delivery Owners and Sheep Herders Assoc

Rules of Wagonhood Sheep2-1

well we all know who's the sheep guy, and the pic is wrong canadian sheep don't part with their wool it,s too cold,.

i thought the hooker sheep was funny,,. it kinda applies to you and your ongoing "sheep" fetish, but sheeps aren't really my thing,.
i, might confess to having played around with a couple of piggys' in my time,. but they only had two legs,. Wink

Rules of Wagonhood Palinpiglips

guess you,re just playing catch up here ,.. like most tbi/tpi guys do,.. Sleep

Nick Cool

Last edited by phantom 309 on Wed Jan 04, 2012 11:14 am; edited 1 time in total
Back to top Go down

Rules of Wagonhood Empty
PostSubject: Re: Rules of Wagonhood   Rules of Wagonhood Icon_minitimeWed Jan 04, 2012 11:09 am

Couldnt resist yourself could you Nick?
Jim
Back to top Go down
81X11

81X11

Rules of Wagonhood Empty
PostSubject: Re: Rules of Wagonhood   Rules of Wagonhood Icon_minitimeWed Jan 04, 2012 11:22 am

Years back a friend of my girlfriend needed help moving apartments. She said it would be no problem because she had a van.. When I showed up, she had a Honda Civic WagoVan....

Rolling Eyes
Back to top Go down
Olds Weighty Eight

Olds Weighty Eight

Rules of Wagonhood Empty
PostSubject: Re: Rules of Wagonhood   Rules of Wagonhood Icon_minitimeWed Jan 04, 2012 11:32 am

Rules of Wagonhood _566045_good_grief
Back to top Go down
http://www.lakelandraceway.com/friends_garage
lakeffect

lakeffect

Rules of Wagonhood Empty
PostSubject: Re: Rules of Wagonhood   Rules of Wagonhood Icon_minitimeWed Jan 04, 2012 11:40 am

Nick, great photo of a member of the GOPP ... Grand Old Piggy Party

I got a good laugh from the Arkansas hooker photo as well.
Back to top Go down
Sprocket

Sprocket

Rules of Wagonhood Empty
PostSubject: Re: Rules of Wagonhood   Rules of Wagonhood Icon_minitimeWed Jan 04, 2012 5:19 pm

what was this thread about???

Where's Fonzi?
Back to top Go down
buickestate
buickestate

Rules of Wagonhood Empty
PostSubject: Re: Rules of Wagonhood   Rules of Wagonhood Icon_minitimeWed Jan 04, 2012 5:25 pm

Sprocket wrote:
what was this thread about???

Where's Fonzi?

willing sheep and nick's developing addiction to pork
Back to top Go down
AzDon

AzDon

Rules of Wagonhood Empty
PostSubject: Re: Rules of Wagonhood   Rules of Wagonhood Icon_minitimeTue Jan 10, 2012 10:50 pm

Lipstick on a pig? Hubba Hubba!

To say that an SUV is not a wagon is STUPID! I drive my three-door burb with AMERICAN PRIDE and am proud to be excluded from a category that includes Honda Civic Hatchbacks!!
Who put THAT NITWIT in charge of defining car styles, anyway?
Back to top Go down
http://v-driveboat.com
AzDon

AzDon

Rules of Wagonhood Empty
PostSubject: Re: Rules of Wagonhood   Rules of Wagonhood Icon_minitimeTue Jan 10, 2012 11:08 pm

LIPSTICK ON A PIG! HUBBAHUBBA!

This ancient SUV doesnt do off-road! It's a strong running, good looking, 44 year old, AMERICAN MADE VEHICLE that takes pride in being excluded from a category that includes Civic hatchbacks!
Yeah, it uses some fuel, but does it's environmental duty by not needing to be fully recycled every ten years! ( BIG waste of energy!!)
Consider this Jalopniks! How many 44 year old civic hatchbacks have you seen lately? How many 35 year old Jap cars OF ANY KIND have you seen lately!

Rules of Wagonhood Burb-right-rear
Back to top Go down
http://v-driveboat.com
Nick Danger

Nick Danger

Rules of Wagonhood Empty
PostSubject: Re: Rules of Wagonhood   Rules of Wagonhood Icon_minitimeWed Jan 11, 2012 9:12 am

Jeez, Don, reduce your avatar!
Back to top Go down
http://www.unseengallery.com
81X11

81X11

Rules of Wagonhood Empty
PostSubject: Re: Rules of Wagonhood   Rules of Wagonhood Icon_minitimeWed Jan 11, 2012 9:25 am

I told my wife that her 2003 Suburban was just a tall station wagon and she got pissed!

Razz
Back to top Go down
jimbeau

Rules of Wagonhood Empty
PostSubject: Re: Rules of Wagonhood   Rules of Wagonhood Icon_minitimeWed Jan 11, 2012 11:16 am

This is just an unrelated shout out to Weighty Eight's gorgeous engine paint job in his signature.

Last edited by jimbeau on Thu Jan 12, 2012 7:24 am; edited 1 time in total
Back to top Go down
phantom 309

phantom 309

Rules of Wagonhood Empty
PostSubject: Re: Rules of Wagonhood   Rules of Wagonhood Icon_minitimeWed Jan 11, 2012 9:54 pm

whats with the oversized avatar,.
Back to top Go down
Sprocket

Sprocket

Rules of Wagonhood Empty
PostSubject: Re: Rules of Wagonhood   Rules of Wagonhood Icon_minitimeWed Jan 11, 2012 10:43 pm

phantom 309 wrote:
whats with the oversized avatar,.

It's a tbi Nick, he has issues. tongue
Back to top Go down
Sponsored content

Rules of Wagonhood Empty
PostSubject: Re: Rules of Wagonhood   Rules of Wagonhood Icon_minitime

Back to top Go down

Rules of Wagonhood
Page 1 of 1