GM Longroof Forum
Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.

HomeHome  PortalPortal  GalleryGallery  Latest imagesLatest images  SearchSearch  RegisterRegister  Log in  

The 38 hour road trip to Greenville.

Go down 
+2
Lynol
Sprocket
6 posters
AuthorMessage
Sprocket

Sprocket

The 38 hour road trip to Greenville. Empty
PostSubject: The 38 hour road trip to Greenville.   The 38 hour road trip to Greenville. Icon_minitimeSun Feb 19, 2012 12:42 pm

So Friday I morning I flew up to the Carolina's to get my new wagon from Chris. It was a brief visit with alot of action packed into 38 hours total from the time I left my house until I walked back in the door.

Here are some photos to document the trip. Enjoy!

The 38 hour road trip to Greenville. 101_0909
While waiting for the train to the airport, I picked up a used car circular. There are NEVER and wagons in them.
This issue had one on the front cover! And two more inside. It was a sign!

The 38 hour road trip to Greenville. 101_0910
Here comes my ride to the airport. Notice the sun isn't up yet in this photo (just about to break the horizon though). At this point I started thinking of the possibility I may have to share a room with Del Griffith on the way home, lol

I got up and out with Delta Smile

The 38 hour road trip to Greenville. IMG_2230
Chris collected me at the airport with the wagon. Next up I spent a few minutes learning the secret ninja method on how to start the wagon up!

The 38 hour road trip to Greenville. IMG_8650
Here I am looking like a happy wagon owner.

The 38 hour road trip to Greenville. IMG_2791
Chris took me sightseeing in downtown Greenville. We got some bubble tea and had a stroll in the park. Good thing we are comfortable in our masculinity! We were checking out the ladies too.

The 38 hour road trip to Greenville. IMG_7831
We also visited the Michelan store and saw some cool concept tires. Unfotunately they weren't giving out any samples in 255/50/17 Sad

The 38 hour road trip to Greenville. IMG_1395
After that is was off for a cello lesson and then dinner at a local establishment with a local beer, awesome meatloaf sandwhiches, and hot pecan pie with ice cream. Hey this is starting to sound like a date! Then he took me back to his place......

The 38 hour road trip to Greenville. 101_0911
checking things out while he was teaching a lesson inside.

The 38 hour road trip to Greenville. 101_0912
Chris had to work the next morning which was good as I got myself up and out fairly early by 8:30. It was sunny and about 40 out. Here is the pic from his side door.

The 38 hour road trip to Greenville. 101_0915
Took me about 3.75 hours to get through SC.

The 38 hour road trip to Greenville. 101_0916
right over the border in GA, still had the camera out. This was one of only 4 B-bodies I saw on the whole trip.
2 cappys, 1 impala, 1 RMS (in Robert's neighborhood).

The 38 hour road trip to Greenville. 101_0917
Das Deutch Coffee Haus!!! SPend about an hour with Robert.

The 38 hour road trip to Greenville. 101_0919
There were BAD storms coming so I had to stay ahead of them cheers I made the run from Jacsonville to Daytona in about 40 minutes. I was being passed at this speed too!!! Car runs like a top!

The 38 hour road trip to Greenville. 101_0920
Back home again. Parked next to Grimace and Dusty. Since I have a Ruby and Jade, we'll be calling this one Saphire!!

Last edited by Sprocket on Sun Feb 19, 2012 12:52 pm; edited 1 time in total
Back to top Go down
Lynol

Lynol

PostSubject: Re: The 38 hour road trip to Greenville.   The 38 hour road trip to Greenville. Icon_minitimeSun Feb 19, 2012 12:50 pm

Nice! Sounds like an adventure. You sure do The 38 hour road trip to Greenville. Th_emoticon_Heart 305s, lol. Anyway, now you have a proper looking OCC that wont get you funny looks from the wrong type of people, lol. Glad the wagon went to you, Sprocket. Somehow I knew it would before I even finished reading Chris's post for sale, lol.
Back to top Go down
BigBlackBeaSSt

BigBlackBeaSSt

PostSubject: Re: The 38 hour road trip to Greenville.   The 38 hour road trip to Greenville. Icon_minitimeSun Feb 19, 2012 1:11 pm

sounds like a fun excursion. And after all Sprocket, you do need more wagons!!! Shocked
Back to top Go down
brokecello
brokecello

PostSubject: Re: The 38 hour road trip to Greenville.   The 38 hour road trip to Greenville. Icon_minitimeSun Feb 19, 2012 1:46 pm

Still has not sunk in...do miss the OCC, but glad it has a good home! Come visit anytime Sprocket! Weird to see pics of the wagon in other places!
Back to top Go down
http://www.ChrisPowellmusic.com

PostSubject: Re: The 38 hour road trip to Greenville.   The 38 hour road trip to Greenville. Icon_minitimeSun Feb 19, 2012 2:13 pm

Damn thats a good looking wagon.And I am very happy that it went south and not north to the
land of RUST.John,it looks like you blew the carbon out of the wagon on the way home and didnt
run out of gas doing it.Great pics and story John!
Thanks
Back to top Go down
toomanytoyz

toomanytoyz

PostSubject: Re: The 38 hour road trip to Greenville.   The 38 hour road trip to Greenville. Icon_minitimeSun Feb 19, 2012 2:46 pm

How did I miss that that car was even for sale??? Doh! Smile

Good luck with it! Very Happy
Back to top Go down
Krzdimond
Admin
Krzdimond

PostSubject: Re: The 38 hour road trip to Greenville.   The 38 hour road trip to Greenville. Icon_minitimeSun Feb 19, 2012 6:13 pm

Good to have you here John. Stop by anytime... and remember, if, at ANY time you want to get rid of those seats.....
Back to top Go down

PostSubject: Re: The 38 hour road trip to Greenville.   The 38 hour road trip to Greenville. Icon_minitimeSun Feb 19, 2012 6:26 pm

...I will come pick them up and put them in my red wagon happily.

Look Robert, we're finishing sentences now!

Smile
Back to top Go down
toomanytoyz

toomanytoyz

PostSubject: Re: The 38 hour road trip to Greenville.   The 38 hour road trip to Greenville. Icon_minitimeSun Feb 19, 2012 6:30 pm

***awkward***
Back to top Go down
Krzdimond
Admin
Krzdimond

PostSubject: Re: The 38 hour road trip to Greenville.   The 38 hour road trip to Greenville. Icon_minitimeSun Feb 19, 2012 6:33 pm

Stingroo wrote:
...I will come pick them up and put them in my red wagon happily.

Look Robert, we're finishing sentences now!

Smile

LOL!

John, thought of something after you left, due to the time constraints, I think it would be better, instead of you taking the time and effort to swap that suncoast hood, just send that hood north and I'll paint mine DGGM and the fiberglass hood MAB. Whatchathink? cheers cheers
Back to top Go down

PostSubject: Re: The 38 hour road trip to Greenville.   The 38 hour road trip to Greenville. Icon_minitimeSun Feb 19, 2012 7:00 pm

Bill it's only awkward if you make eye contact.

lol
Back to top Go down
brokecello
brokecello

PostSubject: Re: The 38 hour road trip to Greenville.   The 38 hour road trip to Greenville. Icon_minitimeSun Feb 19, 2012 7:23 pm

I don't think I've ever had that wagon that fast too....LOL!!!
Back to top Go down
http://www.ChrisPowellmusic.com
Sprocket

Sprocket

PostSubject: Re: The 38 hour road trip to Greenville.   The 38 hour road trip to Greenville. Icon_minitimeSun Feb 19, 2012 8:55 pm

Oh I had it sitting there quite often and for a good stretch. I got the needle into triple digits a couple of times passing some folks in a train. I ran with a Mustang GT, Z06, some Jap sporty thing and a Silverado (can't imagine he was getting more than 10 MPG at that speed) for about half an hour until I couldn't keep up anymore. They would run away in the gaps (probably 115-120), I was hitting it steady at 95, and would catch up at the next pack, then we'd work through that and they'd take off again....lol. Good times.

Avged about 21 MPG over the trip. The low speed section (75-80) I saw 25.89 mpg on one fill up. Not too shabby
Back to top Go down
Sprocket

Sprocket

PostSubject: Re: The 38 hour road trip to Greenville.   The 38 hour road trip to Greenville. Icon_minitimeTue Feb 21, 2012 11:57 am

cost analysis of trip. In travel and fuel about 330 bucks. that includes air fare, train ticket to airport ($5), and fuel stops on the way home. Figure I still have half a tank of gas afterwards so well call it 300 even. Pretty fair for about 710 miles.
Back to top Go down
Lynol

Lynol

PostSubject: Re: The 38 hour road trip to Greenville.   The 38 hour road trip to Greenville. Icon_minitimeTue Feb 21, 2012 1:24 pm

Not bad at all. When I take warm weather trips with my OCC I usually get 23mpg if I don't use the AC too much. Best it did was 24.5mpg avg from Youngstown to NJ.
Back to top Go down
Sponsored content

PostSubject: Re: The 38 hour road trip to Greenville.   The 38 hour road trip to Greenville. Icon_minitime

Back to top Go down

The 38 hour road trip to Greenville.
Page 1 of 1