GM Longroof Forum
Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.

HomeHome  PortalPortal  GalleryGallery  Latest imagesLatest images  SearchSearch  RegisterRegister  Log in  

truck rallye wheel center cap conversion

Go down 
+3
Cadet57
BigBlackBeaSSt
straitjacket68
7 posters
AuthorMessage
straitjacket68

truck rallye wheel center cap conversion Empty
PostSubject: truck rallye wheel center cap conversion   truck rallye wheel center cap conversion Icon_minitimeSat Feb 25, 2012 2:26 pm

ive got the truck rallye wheels with the center cap conversion to install the corvette rallye center rather than the truck center cap. has anyone else seen these? ive seen alot of wagons with the truck wheels but always with factory center cap. only thing is if you use the flat power disc hub caps you will have to waller out the centers for the front hub. i bought a set of spinner center caps for mine and they dont fit the front wheels but i have a solution for that. i wish i could post a p[ic but have still not mastered the process.
do holler if anyone else has seen these please.
straitjacket billy
Back to top Go down
BigBlackBeaSSt

BigBlackBeaSSt

PostSubject: Re: truck rallye wheel center cap conversion   truck rallye wheel center cap conversion Icon_minitimeSat Feb 25, 2012 4:40 pm

This post would be MUCH better with pictures.

I always wanted the corvette centers. I understand you can buy a piece that bolts into the wheel to hold the center.
Back to top Go down
straitjacket68

PostSubject: Re: truck rallye wheel center cap conversion   truck rallye wheel center cap conversion Icon_minitimeSat Feb 25, 2012 4:47 pm

thats what i have on my wagon. sorry bout no pix. im a computer idiot
straitjacket billy
Back to top Go down
BigBlackBeaSSt

BigBlackBeaSSt

PostSubject: Re: truck rallye wheel center cap conversion   truck rallye wheel center cap conversion Icon_minitimeSat Feb 25, 2012 5:21 pm

$70 seems like a lot of $$ for those adapters!!
Back to top Go down
straitjacket68

PostSubject: Re: truck rallye wheel center cap conversion   truck rallye wheel center cap conversion Icon_minitimeSat Feb 25, 2012 6:31 pm

wow! 70 bucks for those things? im glad they came with the car!
straitjacket billy
Back to top Go down
Cadet57

Cadet57

PostSubject: Re: truck rallye wheel center cap conversion   truck rallye wheel center cap conversion Icon_minitimeSat Feb 25, 2012 7:46 pm

What are these things called?
Back to top Go down
BigBlackBeaSSt

BigBlackBeaSSt

PostSubject: Re: truck rallye wheel center cap conversion   truck rallye wheel center cap conversion Icon_minitimeSun Feb 26, 2012 9:02 am

Back to top Go down
92cappy

92cappy

PostSubject: Re: truck rallye wheel center cap conversion   truck rallye wheel center cap conversion Icon_minitimeSun Feb 26, 2012 11:46 pm

For $70 it should come WITH the center caps! Sheesh!
Back to top Go down

PostSubject: Re: truck rallye wheel center cap conversion   truck rallye wheel center cap conversion Icon_minitimeMon Feb 27, 2012 12:21 am

Wouldnt trust them with the original vette centercaps.Dont look very strong and those aluminum
caps were pretty heavy and not always perfectly true.
Back to top Go down
straitjacket68

PostSubject: Re: truck rallye wheel center cap conversion   truck rallye wheel center cap conversion Icon_minitimeWed Feb 29, 2012 8:27 am

i was worried about the spinner caps coming off but so far they have held strong. i had the flat caps and they too worked very well. the larger sombrero type i would be concerned with if it were a genuine gm part. they make them out of plastic now and are available on ebay for as little as 44.00 a set. i would suggest these as they dont require modification to fit over the front hub, unlike the flat centers.
straitjacket billy
Back to top Go down
Cadet57

Cadet57

PostSubject: Re: truck rallye wheel center cap conversion   truck rallye wheel center cap conversion Icon_minitimeWed Feb 29, 2012 9:28 am

Is this the style flat cap you are talking about? What sort of modifications are required?

truck rallye wheel center cap conversion ChevPoliceCap1

If so what brand did you use as that is what i'd prefer to run compared to the Derby style cap
Back to top Go down
81X11

81X11

PostSubject: Re: truck rallye wheel center cap conversion   truck rallye wheel center cap conversion Icon_minitimeWed Feb 29, 2012 11:38 am

That's pretty cool actually. Neat idea.
Back to top Go down
straitjacket68

PostSubject: Re: truck rallye wheel center cap conversion   truck rallye wheel center cap conversion Icon_minitimeWed Feb 29, 2012 3:19 pm

i am using the 67 corvette style center cap. usually has a yellow bowtie emblen in the center wi the the words pwer disc brakes. when using this style of cap, u need to waller out the center about an inch and a half in diameter to make room for the front hubs. you may not need to do that with that type of hub cap pictured. i replaced these with some centers with a three bar spinner from ebay
but still had to use two of my existing center caops because the ones from ebay were too shallow. ive got pix but im too old to figure out how to post them lol
straitjacket billy
Back to top Go down
93RMW

93RMW

PostSubject: Re: truck rallye wheel center cap conversion   truck rallye wheel center cap conversion Icon_minitimeFri Mar 16, 2012 2:43 am

92cappy wrote:
For $70 it should come WITH the center caps! Sheesh!

shucks!

I wouldn't have ever sold my own truck rally wheels if I knew these existed. I love the top hat style center and that is what I wanted.

I picked up a nice set with rings and truck caps for 25 bucks off cl (called 10 min after he posted, picked up before a 2nd caller could get there!)

I ended up selling them for 125 after I bought my 20's.

I'll have to keep these in mind for my next wagon!

Great find!
Back to top Go down
straitjacket68

PostSubject: Re: truck rallye wheel center cap conversion   truck rallye wheel center cap conversion Icon_minitimeFri Mar 16, 2012 2:16 pm

really for 70.00 bucks it adds a whole new dynamic to the truck wheels. not to mention the other style caps available to use now
and i can assure you they hold the caps on tight.
straitjacket billy
Back to top Go down
1993 Roady-man

1993 Roady-man

PostSubject: Re: truck rallye wheel center cap conversion   truck rallye wheel center cap conversion Icon_minitimeFri Mar 16, 2012 5:59 pm

I like this ideal,... very cool, and I always loved those coned center caps.
Back to top Go down
Sponsored content

PostSubject: Re: truck rallye wheel center cap conversion   truck rallye wheel center cap conversion Icon_minitime

Back to top Go down

truck rallye wheel center cap conversion
Page 1 of 1