GM Longroof Forum
Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.

HomeHome  PortalPortal  GalleryGallery  Latest imagesLatest images  SearchSearch  RegisterRegister  Log in  

My Roadmaster with the new hubcaps.

Go down 
+7
Lynol
jayoldschool
81X11
jimbeau
brokecello
92cappy
MarkH
11 posters
AuthorMessage

My Roadmaster with the new hubcaps. Empty
PostSubject: My Roadmaster with the new hubcaps.   My Roadmaster with the new hubcaps. Icon_minitimeTue Feb 28, 2012 3:06 pm

My Roadmaster with the new hubcaps. 42118310
Back to top Go down
MarkH

MarkH

PostSubject: Re: My Roadmaster with the new hubcaps.   My Roadmaster with the new hubcaps. Icon_minitimeTue Feb 28, 2012 3:38 pm

*low whistle*.... looks good
Back to top Go down
http://DesignsbyMarkonline.net
92cappy

92cappy

PostSubject: Re: My Roadmaster with the new hubcaps.   My Roadmaster with the new hubcaps. Icon_minitimeTue Feb 28, 2012 3:43 pm

That does look good. Those hubcaps look much better on a woody with the fat white walls than, well, on anything else lol
Back to top Go down
brokecello
brokecello

PostSubject: Re: My Roadmaster with the new hubcaps.   My Roadmaster with the new hubcaps. Icon_minitimeTue Feb 28, 2012 5:34 pm

Is that factory wood? looks nice! Will you put some Buick shields in the center hubcap area?
Back to top Go down
http://www.ChrisPowellmusic.com
jimbeau

PostSubject: Re: My Roadmaster with the new hubcaps.   My Roadmaster with the new hubcaps. Icon_minitimeTue Feb 28, 2012 5:47 pm

Very nice looking. Not a whole lot of dark-colored roadies out there.
Back to top Go down

PostSubject: Re: My Roadmaster with the new hubcaps.   My Roadmaster with the new hubcaps. Icon_minitimeTue Feb 28, 2012 6:18 pm

I do have 2 buick emblems to fit in the middle of the hubcaps. good idea.

Factory wood indeed.
Back to top Go down
81X11

81X11

PostSubject: Re: My Roadmaster with the new hubcaps.   My Roadmaster with the new hubcaps. Icon_minitimeTue Feb 28, 2012 7:22 pm

For some reason the pic is not working for me... Hmmm.

-Mike
Back to top Go down

PostSubject: Re: My Roadmaster with the new hubcaps.   My Roadmaster with the new hubcaps. Icon_minitimeTue Feb 28, 2012 7:56 pm

Looks good to me,get hassled much with that dark tint?
Back to top Go down
92cappy

92cappy

PostSubject: Re: My Roadmaster with the new hubcaps.   My Roadmaster with the new hubcaps. Icon_minitimeTue Feb 28, 2012 8:11 pm

That tint is quite dark. What %?
Back to top Go down

PostSubject: Re: My Roadmaster with the new hubcaps.   My Roadmaster with the new hubcaps. Icon_minitimeTue Feb 28, 2012 8:14 pm

Looks super dark, like 5%.
Back to top Go down
92cappy

92cappy

PostSubject: Re: My Roadmaster with the new hubcaps.   My Roadmaster with the new hubcaps. Icon_minitimeTue Feb 28, 2012 8:18 pm

Thats what I was thinking.
Back to top Go down

PostSubject: Re: My Roadmaster with the new hubcaps.   My Roadmaster with the new hubcaps. Icon_minitimeTue Feb 28, 2012 9:48 pm

5% front 35%
Back to top Go down

PostSubject: Re: My Roadmaster with the new hubcaps.   My Roadmaster with the new hubcaps. Icon_minitimeTue Feb 28, 2012 9:49 pm

5% front 35%

Cops stopped me once. said 30 bucks a window, but let me go. when I see a cop I lower the front windows.
Back to top Go down
92cappy

92cappy

PostSubject: Re: My Roadmaster with the new hubcaps.   My Roadmaster with the new hubcaps. Icon_minitimeTue Feb 28, 2012 10:01 pm

I also lower my front windows. And those look dark for 35! I like.
Back to top Go down
jayoldschool

jayoldschool

PostSubject: Re: My Roadmaster with the new hubcaps.   My Roadmaster with the new hubcaps. Icon_minitimeTue Feb 28, 2012 10:03 pm

Careful... those caps will fly off with a strong sneeze. I went through 7 of them one winter. Yes, I used to drive like a maniac when I was Ray's age...
Back to top Go down

PostSubject: Re: My Roadmaster with the new hubcaps.   My Roadmaster with the new hubcaps. Icon_minitimeTue Feb 28, 2012 10:10 pm

Why you gotta single me out, maaaaan?

Sad
Back to top Go down
81X11

81X11

PostSubject: Re: My Roadmaster with the new hubcaps.   My Roadmaster with the new hubcaps. Icon_minitimeWed Feb 29, 2012 11:32 am

Pics work today....ok then.

Those Chevy caps look good! I always liked those a lot, still are some of the better looking hubcaps GM offered....and some of the last real metal ones!

Looks TONS better than if you'd put on those lowrider wheels! Nice job!
Back to top Go down
Lynol

Lynol

PostSubject: Re: My Roadmaster with the new hubcaps.   My Roadmaster with the new hubcaps. Icon_minitimeWed Feb 29, 2012 11:46 am

Lookin' sharp! I put those hubcaps on my red Caprice, and I can second what Jay said. I lost 3 hubcaps on 2 different wheels in the 4 months I owned it. And I do not drive like a maniac. I bent the tabs out with a pliers and that seemed to stop them from falling off. Oddly enough it was under very low speed turns that they would fall off. Like in parking lots and stuff. So, uh, can you see out of the car windows at night, or is it like driving a cargo van? lol!
Back to top Go down
81X11

81X11

PostSubject: Re: My Roadmaster with the new hubcaps.   My Roadmaster with the new hubcaps. Icon_minitimeWed Feb 29, 2012 12:02 pm

Lynol wrote:
Lookin' sharp! I put those hubcaps on my red Caprice, and I can second what Jay said. I lost 3 hubcaps on 2 different wheels in the 4 months I owned it. And I do not drive like a maniac. I bent the tabs out with a pliers and that seemed to stop them from falling off. Oddly enough it was under very low speed turns that they would fall off. Like in parking lots and stuff. So, uh, can you see out of the car windows at night, or is it like driving a cargo van? lol!

I had my '89 Custom Cruiser tinted too dark as well. Didn't mean to go so dark, went to a new shop, and it was BLACK. I actually went back to my normal place and had them re-do the rear window one shade lighter.....so the auto-dimming mirror would work again!
My Roadmaster with the new hubcaps. Wagonback

On my Roady I just went to legal Texas limits. Still dark but I can see out fine.
My Roadmaster with the new hubcaps. Fishingroadtrip033
Back to top Go down
DBeaSSt
Admin
DBeaSSt

PostSubject: Re: My Roadmaster with the new hubcaps.   My Roadmaster with the new hubcaps. Icon_minitimeWed Feb 29, 2012 1:07 pm

Looks great! DCM woody is certainly a favorite of mine. Those caps work well too.

I had a set of knockoff caps like those on my Caprice, they stayed on much better than the factory ones had a reputation for.
Back to top Go down
http://www.prosise.name
MarcinV8

MarcinV8

PostSubject: Re: My Roadmaster with the new hubcaps.   My Roadmaster with the new hubcaps. Icon_minitimeWed Feb 29, 2012 2:43 pm

I also have black windows im my caprice, sometimes I also have problems with cops because it's completely illegal to have tinted front driver and passenger windows.
My Roadmaster with the new hubcaps. Img_3311
Back to top Go down
92cappy

92cappy

PostSubject: Re: My Roadmaster with the new hubcaps.   My Roadmaster with the new hubcaps. Icon_minitimeWed Feb 29, 2012 2:46 pm

Cops can suck it lol. Tints look cool Laughing Although now that I said that I'll probably get another tint ticket for my 17% Evil or Very Mad
Back to top Go down
BigBlackBeaSSt

BigBlackBeaSSt

PostSubject: Re: My Roadmaster with the new hubcaps.   My Roadmaster with the new hubcaps. Icon_minitimeWed Feb 29, 2012 3:40 pm

CarloNYC wrote:
My Roadmaster with the new hubcaps. 42118310

POLISH THAT TRIM!!!!!!
Back to top Go down

PostSubject: Re: My Roadmaster with the new hubcaps.   My Roadmaster with the new hubcaps. Icon_minitimeWed Feb 29, 2012 4:16 pm

The trim is so beat up, I might paint them black and tan to match the top. it was hard at first to see but I got use to looking out the rear windows. I bought the car off a young black kid he also put a load radio system in it lol. 800 bucks lol
Back to top Go down

PostSubject: Re: My Roadmaster with the new hubcaps.   My Roadmaster with the new hubcaps. Icon_minitimeWed Feb 29, 2012 4:19 pm

Marcinv8, did you add the chrome around the wheel wells on the black caprice? im in love with it. tint the front lights alittle. or get the sto covers.
Back to top Go down
92cappy

92cappy

PostSubject: Re: My Roadmaster with the new hubcaps.   My Roadmaster with the new hubcaps. Icon_minitimeWed Feb 29, 2012 4:28 pm

Im pretty sure thats factory caprice trim. Caprice has chrome, Impala has body colored
Back to top Go down
MarcinV8

MarcinV8

PostSubject: Re: My Roadmaster with the new hubcaps.   My Roadmaster with the new hubcaps. Icon_minitimeWed Feb 29, 2012 4:53 pm

CarloNYC wrote:
Marcinv8, did you add the chrome around the wheel wells on the black caprice? im in love with it. tint the front lights alittle. or get the sto covers.
I bought this car with the chrome parts on it so I think this is stock. I will have to think about headlight covers Twisted Evil
Back to top Go down
jayoldschool

jayoldschool

PostSubject: Re: My Roadmaster with the new hubcaps.   My Roadmaster with the new hubcaps. Icon_minitimeWed Feb 29, 2012 5:30 pm

Stingroo wrote:
Why you gotta single me out, maaaaan?

Sad

You miss the point. I am jealous. I miss being your age.
Back to top Go down

PostSubject: Re: My Roadmaster with the new hubcaps.   My Roadmaster with the new hubcaps. Icon_minitimeWed Feb 29, 2012 6:40 pm

You youngins wait until you hit 50 or so and see if you still like that dark tint especially at night.
Sooner or later you will realize your eyes dont use the light like they use too.
Back to top Go down
92cappy

92cappy

PostSubject: Re: My Roadmaster with the new hubcaps.   My Roadmaster with the new hubcaps. Icon_minitimeWed Feb 29, 2012 6:43 pm

Exactly why I want it while I can still see out!
Back to top Go down
81X11

81X11

PostSubject: Re: My Roadmaster with the new hubcaps.   My Roadmaster with the new hubcaps. Icon_minitimeWed Feb 29, 2012 7:03 pm

Flasheroo wrote:
You youngins wait until you hit 50 or so and see if you still like that dark tint especially at night.
Sooner or later you will realize your eyes dont use the light like they use too.

Shoot Jim if you don't tint them here not only will the a/c never cool the car down but the inside totally burns up. It's not a style thing here......well not "only" a style thing... Smile
Back to top Go down

PostSubject: Re: My Roadmaster with the new hubcaps.   My Roadmaster with the new hubcaps. Icon_minitimeWed Feb 29, 2012 7:25 pm

Guess down there its a necessity but it is here too.I just cant go too dark up front anymore!
Back to top Go down
Cadet57

Cadet57

PostSubject: Re: My Roadmaster with the new hubcaps.   My Roadmaster with the new hubcaps. Icon_minitimeWed Feb 29, 2012 8:27 pm

Lynol wrote:
Oddly enough it was under very low speed turns that they would fall off.

Tell me about it. Drove 75 miles to Boston. Not a problem. Soon as I get onto my street doing 15 bam, one rolls past me Rolling Eyes
Back to top Go down
Sponsored content

PostSubject: Re: My Roadmaster with the new hubcaps.   My Roadmaster with the new hubcaps. Icon_minitime

Back to top Go down

My Roadmaster with the new hubcaps.
Page 1 of 1