GM Longroof Forum
Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.

HomeHome  PortalPortal  GalleryGallery  Latest imagesLatest images  SearchSearch  RegisterRegister  Log in  

New center caps for my OZ Nova wheels

Go down 
+17
DBeaSSt
JaySS
jasonlachapelle
92cappy
RDMLO5
toomanytoyz
1993 Roady-man
Lynol
buickestate
81X11
Krzdimond
BigBlackBeaSSt
Cadet57
JoeT
mtrhead79
roadmastercouple
200OZ
21 posters
AuthorMessage
200OZ
200OZ

New center caps for my OZ Nova wheels Empty
PostSubject: New center caps for my OZ Nova wheels   New center caps for my OZ Nova wheels Icon_minitimeWed Feb 29, 2012 12:38 am

I've been looking for a new center cap for one of my OZs since one flew off on the expressway last spring. So I learned that the larger OZ Nova center caps are not the easiest to find, new or used. After talking to J about his custom Vibe centers for his Impala wheels I started looking around the junk yards for some thing different. I found that early 2000s Buick Century caps fit pretty good. I had a hard time finding 4 good ones so I found 4 new GM caps on eBay for $40.00. The silver color even matches really good. Just have to mount them to the rim, J used PEX fitting to attach his, and I think I have some laying around at work. What do you think?

Stock Nova centers:
New center caps for my OZ Nova wheels OZRacing004
New center caps for my OZ Nova wheels OZRacing005

Side by side comparison:
New center caps for my OZ Nova wheels OZRacing006

Century centers:
New center caps for my OZ Nova wheels OZRacing003
New center caps for my OZ Nova wheels OZRacing002

So now I have $240.00 wrapped up into the OZs. Very Happy
I'm thinking of selling my OZ centers on eBay to help off set new tires.

Mike
Back to top Go down

PostSubject: Re: New center caps for my OZ Nova wheels   New center caps for my OZ Nova wheels Icon_minitimeWed Feb 29, 2012 12:49 am

I like that look a lot. Less obnoxious than the OZ centercaps IMO.
Back to top Go down
roadmastercouple

roadmastercouple

PostSubject: Re: New center caps for my OZ Nova wheels   New center caps for my OZ Nova wheels Icon_minitimeWed Feb 29, 2012 12:58 am

looks real smooth like compared to the ozs
Back to top Go down
mtrhead79

mtrhead79

PostSubject: Re: New center caps for my OZ Nova wheels   New center caps for my OZ Nova wheels Icon_minitimeWed Feb 29, 2012 8:02 am

mike they look great. less bulky also
Back to top Go down
http://mtrhead79@aol.com
JoeT

JoeT

PostSubject: Re: New center caps for my OZ Nova wheels   New center caps for my OZ Nova wheels Icon_minitimeWed Feb 29, 2012 9:22 am

Looks excellent!

Two thumbs up!
Back to top Go down
Cadet57

Cadet57

PostSubject: Re: New center caps for my OZ Nova wheels   New center caps for my OZ Nova wheels Icon_minitimeWed Feb 29, 2012 9:35 am

I like those wheels a lot more now. Those caps really do them justice.
Back to top Go down
BigBlackBeaSSt

BigBlackBeaSSt

PostSubject: Re: New center caps for my OZ Nova wheels   New center caps for my OZ Nova wheels Icon_minitimeWed Feb 29, 2012 9:58 am

Nice job Mike'EE..... Now lets see them ON the car!!!
Back to top Go down
Krzdimond
Admin
Krzdimond

PostSubject: Re: New center caps for my OZ Nova wheels   New center caps for my OZ Nova wheels Icon_minitimeWed Feb 29, 2012 10:02 am

BigBlackBeaSSt wrote:
Nice job Mike'EE..... Now lets see them ON the car!!!

Agreed, but not until you fix that clear coat....
Back to top Go down
200OZ
200OZ

PostSubject: Re: New center caps for my OZ Nova wheels   New center caps for my OZ Nova wheels Icon_minitimeWed Feb 29, 2012 10:33 am

Krzdimond wrote:
Agreed, but not until you fix that clear coat....

That's on my to do list.... Thanks for the sticky on that by the way.

Mike
Back to top Go down
81X11

81X11

PostSubject: Re: New center caps for my OZ Nova wheels   New center caps for my OZ Nova wheels Icon_minitimeWed Feb 29, 2012 11:35 am

That looks OUTSTANDING! Now put them on and post pics! WOW!
Back to top Go down
81X11

81X11

PostSubject: Re: New center caps for my OZ Nova wheels   New center caps for my OZ Nova wheels Icon_minitimeWed Feb 29, 2012 11:36 am

That looks much better than the original OZ caps. It's going to look great on your car.
Back to top Go down
buickestate
buickestate

PostSubject: Re: New center caps for my OZ Nova wheels   New center caps for my OZ Nova wheels Icon_minitimeWed Feb 29, 2012 12:29 pm

the stock OZ caps were the biggest unflattering comment that I use to get all the time about the OZ rims when I had them on the peanutbutter sammich.

They look good with them buick centers, much more like a factory up grade rim now. they are still the best aftermarket for the dark coloured wagons.
Back to top Go down
Lynol

Lynol

PostSubject: Re: New center caps for my OZ Nova wheels   New center caps for my OZ Nova wheels Icon_minitimeWed Feb 29, 2012 3:14 pm

NICE! Totally changes the look of the wheel, Mike. Makes it look much smoother. I always felt the stock OZ caps stuck out too much, kind of trucky to me.
Back to top Go down
1993 Roady-man

1993 Roady-man

PostSubject: Re: New center caps for my OZ Nova wheels   New center caps for my OZ Nova wheels Icon_minitimeWed Feb 29, 2012 3:32 pm

Not bad now paint the emblem red white and blue.
Back to top Go down
toomanytoyz

toomanytoyz

PostSubject: Re: New center caps for my OZ Nova wheels   New center caps for my OZ Nova wheels Icon_minitimeWed Feb 29, 2012 5:14 pm

Oh wow. That's sexy. Those caps were the reason I never liked the OZ wheels. VERY nice! Smile

(You got PM!)
Back to top Go down

PostSubject: Re: New center caps for my OZ Nova wheels   New center caps for my OZ Nova wheels Icon_minitimeWed Feb 29, 2012 6:35 pm

They completely change the wheels appearance Mike.And Jarrod is right about painting the
buick emblems red,white and blue.Those original centers should bring big money with an ebay
auction.How do they fit,pretty tight?
Back to top Go down
RDMLO5

PostSubject: Re: New center caps for my OZ Nova wheels   New center caps for my OZ Nova wheels Icon_minitimeThu Mar 01, 2012 2:51 am

Those new centers look great! I never could get past the bulk of the OZ centers, like Lynol said reminds me of a truck center cap.
Back to top Go down
92cappy

92cappy

PostSubject: Re: New center caps for my OZ Nova wheels   New center caps for my OZ Nova wheels Icon_minitimeThu Mar 01, 2012 6:12 pm

Those look sweet! They look like a factory upgrade for sure! I agree that the shields should be R/W/B, but they look sweet either way!
Back to top Go down
jasonlachapelle

jasonlachapelle

PostSubject: Re: New center caps for my OZ Nova wheels   New center caps for my OZ Nova wheels Icon_minitimeTue Mar 06, 2012 9:53 pm

The new cap looks pretty good. What does the wheel look like w/o the centrecap ?

Mine have the small centre cap, and I like the look. Can you use the smaller style cap on your wheel ? If so, P/N is M608.

New center caps for my OZ Nova wheels 7769f16_20

Last edited by jasonlachapelle on Tue Mar 06, 2012 11:04 pm; edited 1 time in total
Back to top Go down
1993 Roady-man

1993 Roady-man

PostSubject: Re: New center caps for my OZ Nova wheels   New center caps for my OZ Nova wheels Icon_minitimeTue Mar 06, 2012 10:28 pm

Now that I like Put a Buick Emblem in the middle of that and I would be all over it. Very nice Jason
Back to top Go down

PostSubject: Re: New center caps for my OZ Nova wheels   New center caps for my OZ Nova wheels Icon_minitimeTue Mar 06, 2012 10:39 pm

Jason, those are some great looking OZs as well.Never understood the locator holes between the
stud holes on a rim sized for american vehicles.Know the european cars have the pins for easing
mounting.Are those 18" rims as well?
Back to top Go down
jasonlachapelle

jasonlachapelle

PostSubject: Re: New center caps for my OZ Nova wheels   New center caps for my OZ Nova wheels Icon_minitimeWed Mar 07, 2012 12:41 pm

They are 18" rims. Don't some of the larger German cars have a 5x127mm bolt pattern ? I think that's why it has locator holes.
Back to top Go down
JaySS
Admin
JaySS

PostSubject: Re: New center caps for my OZ Nova wheels   New center caps for my OZ Nova wheels Icon_minitimeWed Mar 07, 2012 12:56 pm

The in-between holes are used to locate the wheel position sensors on certain alignment machines.

- J
Back to top Go down

PostSubject: Re: New center caps for my OZ Nova wheels   New center caps for my OZ Nova wheels Icon_minitimeWed Mar 07, 2012 1:13 pm

Thanks Jay,hadnt thought about the holes being for alignment heads.Makes a lot more sense
though.When I bought my BBS wheels the distributor said my set was the only ones without
those holes.
Back to top Go down
200OZ
200OZ

PostSubject: Re: New center caps for my OZ Nova wheels   New center caps for my OZ Nova wheels Icon_minitimeWed Mar 07, 2012 9:40 pm

My OZs have a dual bolt pattern, 5 on 5", and 5 on 4 3/4". I've also got a recess, and a small boss with a threaded hole to mount the OZ center cap to the wheel. My wheels need a bigger center cap, with out them there kinda ugly.

New center caps for my OZ Nova wheels Oz001

New center caps for my OZ Nova wheels Oz002

Here's a shot of the center "painted" up

New center caps for my OZ Nova wheels Oz003

Mike
Back to top Go down

PostSubject: Re: New center caps for my OZ Nova wheels   New center caps for my OZ Nova wheels Icon_minitimeWed Mar 07, 2012 10:29 pm

HUGE improvement.

I like that look alot.
Back to top Go down
BigBlackBeaSSt

BigBlackBeaSSt

PostSubject: Re: New center caps for my OZ Nova wheels   New center caps for my OZ Nova wheels Icon_minitimeThu Mar 08, 2012 6:44 am

Oh Mikey!!! Your wheels are complete!!!
Back to top Go down

PostSubject: Re: New center caps for my OZ Nova wheels   New center caps for my OZ Nova wheels Icon_minitimeThu Mar 08, 2012 8:55 am

Both the color and texture match are close to perfect.Didnt care for them at first but since you
painted the centers red,white and blue,I like them a lot.Great work,Mike!
Back to top Go down
toomanytoyz

toomanytoyz

PostSubject: Re: New center caps for my OZ Nova wheels   New center caps for my OZ Nova wheels Icon_minitimeThu Mar 08, 2012 9:56 am

I still dig em, but liked them better before the crest was painted. Smile
Back to top Go down
200OZ
200OZ

PostSubject: Re: New center caps for my OZ Nova wheels   New center caps for my OZ Nova wheels Icon_minitimeThu Mar 08, 2012 10:09 am

I didn't paint them, just used a sharpie to see how I like them. I'm with Bill though, kinda like them more plain.

Mike
Back to top Go down
DBeaSSt
Admin
DBeaSSt

PostSubject: Re: New center caps for my OZ Nova wheels   New center caps for my OZ Nova wheels Icon_minitimeThu Mar 08, 2012 10:10 am

So how are the caps going to be held in there? I don't see a hole on your Buick centers for the screw.

I do love the look too. Giving me ideas now darnit!
Back to top Go down
http://www.prosise.name
200OZ
200OZ

PostSubject: Re: New center caps for my OZ Nova wheels   New center caps for my OZ Nova wheels Icon_minitimeThu Mar 08, 2012 11:17 am

JaySS used PEX plumbing fittings on his Vibe centers, I'm going the same route. Pics and info to come.

Mike
Back to top Go down
coopracing

PostSubject: Re: New center caps for my OZ Nova wheels   New center caps for my OZ Nova wheels Icon_minitimeThu Mar 08, 2012 4:04 pm

I would so like to have a set of these, they look just right at home on the wagon!! Are they even still around? Sorry but I am a few years behind on some of this info.
Back to top Go down

PostSubject: Re: New center caps for my OZ Nova wheels   New center caps for my OZ Nova wheels Icon_minitimeThu Mar 08, 2012 4:37 pm

Are you looking for the centers or the wheels?I've been trying to find a set of these wheels for
years and they are RARE!
Back to top Go down
93RMW

93RMW

PostSubject: Re: New center caps for my OZ Nova wheels   New center caps for my OZ Nova wheels Icon_minitimeFri Mar 16, 2012 2:48 am

200OZ wrote:
My OZs have a dual bolt pattern, 5 on 5", and 5 on 4 3/4". I've also got a recess, and a small boss with a threaded hole to mount the OZ center cap to the wheel. My wheels need a bigger center cap, with out them there kinda ugly.

Mike

Nice Job! excellent fit.
Back to top Go down
coopracing

PostSubject: Re: New center caps for my OZ Nova wheels   New center caps for my OZ Nova wheels Icon_minitimeFri Apr 13, 2012 6:29 pm

93RMW wrote:
200OZ wrote:

Mike

Nice Job! excellent fit.

I am liking the these better the more I look at them. Any update on them?
Back to top Go down
200OZ
200OZ

PostSubject: Re: New center caps for my OZ Nova wheels   New center caps for my OZ Nova wheels Icon_minitimeSat Apr 14, 2012 2:24 pm

No, no updates, lots a of other than wagon stuff to do unfortunately.

Mike
Back to top Go down
psychosid

psychosid

PostSubject: Re: New center caps for my OZ Nova wheels   New center caps for my OZ Nova wheels Icon_minitimeSat Apr 14, 2012 6:28 pm

I love the caps. I like the color too. Unless you can chrome them Very Happy ... Just the emblem that is. Love to see them on the car.
Back to top Go down
200OZ
200OZ

PostSubject: Re: New center caps for my OZ Nova wheels   New center caps for my OZ Nova wheels Icon_minitimeSat Jul 28, 2012 9:28 pm

Finally got the caps and wheels mounted, so here's the final results.
JaySS has a nice set up for mounting his centers, me on the other hand did this quickly the night before going to The Glen. I'll get another set of centers and get the mounting hole to line up better before I use the drill. Remember, measure twice, drill once.

New center caps for my OZ Nova wheels 012
New center caps for my OZ Nova wheels 011
New center caps for my OZ Nova wheels 007
New center caps for my OZ Nova wheels 006

Mike
Back to top Go down

PostSubject: Re: New center caps for my OZ Nova wheels   New center caps for my OZ Nova wheels Icon_minitimeSat Jul 28, 2012 10:27 pm

Looking sharp as usual Mike!
Back to top Go down
DBeaSSt
Admin
DBeaSSt

PostSubject: Re: New center caps for my OZ Nova wheels   New center caps for my OZ Nova wheels Icon_minitimeTue Jul 31, 2012 6:32 am

They look great! I'd love to see a pic of the rim with the cap removed to see where you drilled into the rim for the screws.

Those caps really clean up the wheels a LOT! Now I gotta find some Olds caps that fit. Smile
Back to top Go down
http://www.prosise.name
Cadet57

Cadet57

PostSubject: Re: New center caps for my OZ Nova wheels   New center caps for my OZ Nova wheels Icon_minitimeTue Jul 31, 2012 3:27 pm

That is perfect!
Back to top Go down

PostSubject: Re: New center caps for my OZ Nova wheels   New center caps for my OZ Nova wheels Icon_minitimeMon Dec 10, 2012 7:18 pm

Do you still have the factory OZ Centercaps? I need a couple - M627 is the number printed on the back of my two remaining.

I do like your idea of finding a factory cap that is a close fit, and going with the smooth finish.

Mine are mounted on a conversion van. once cracked at the bolt point, the other just disappeared.

Thanks - Andy.
Back to top Go down
200OZ
200OZ

PostSubject: Re: New center caps for my OZ Nova wheels   New center caps for my OZ Nova wheels Icon_minitimeMon Dec 10, 2012 7:43 pm

Nope, I sold the other 3 caps I had left. Good luck finding one.

Mike
Back to top Go down

PostSubject: Re: New center caps for my OZ Nova wheels   New center caps for my OZ Nova wheels Icon_minitimeMon Dec 10, 2012 8:03 pm

darn.

OK - Thanks.
Back to top Go down
brokecello
brokecello

PostSubject: Re: New center caps for my OZ Nova wheels   New center caps for my OZ Nova wheels Icon_minitimeFri Nov 29, 2013 5:41 pm

Do you happen to have the dimensions of the Buick cap? I'm wondering if the Malibu cap is the same size... (2003 or so with the lugs like yours) I dont have a wheel in hand yet, but planning...

Chris
Back to top Go down
http://www.ChrisPowellmusic.com
200OZ
200OZ

PostSubject: Re: New center caps for my OZ Nova wheels   New center caps for my OZ Nova wheels Icon_minitimeWed Dec 04, 2013 9:01 am

The diameter of the center caps need to be 6 7/8".
Back to top Go down
Sponsored content

PostSubject: Re: New center caps for my OZ Nova wheels   New center caps for my OZ Nova wheels Icon_minitime

Back to top Go down

New center caps for my OZ Nova wheels
Page 1 of 1