GM Longroof Forum
Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.

HomeHome  PortalPortal  GalleryGallery  Latest imagesLatest images  SearchSearch  RegisterRegister  Log in  

somone messed with gumby's wagon

Go down 
+10
Fred Kiehl
Cadet57
buickestate
lornejay1
s1l1sc
roadmastercouple
silverton34c
81X11
jimbeau
a1awind
14 posters
AuthorMessage
a1awind

a1awind

somone messed with gumby's wagon Empty
PostSubject: somone messed with gumby's wagon   somone messed with gumby's wagon Icon_minitimeMon Mar 05, 2012 11:55 am

somone messed with gumby's wagon Scaled.php?server=691&filename=buickroadmasterretro1[img][/img][img][/img]

i gotta admit, for a concept ...it looks good
Back to top Go down
jimbeau

PostSubject: Re: somone messed with gumby's wagon   somone messed with gumby's wagon Icon_minitimeMon Mar 05, 2012 1:00 pm

The nose looks a tad 'heavy' for me in the lower area, but that is a nicely done custom.
Back to top Go down

PostSubject: Re: somone messed with gumby's wagon   somone messed with gumby's wagon Icon_minitimeMon Mar 05, 2012 1:12 pm

I like the look a lot but I am presently heavily medicated! lol!
Back to top Go down

PostSubject: Re: somone messed with gumby's wagon   somone messed with gumby's wagon Icon_minitimeMon Mar 05, 2012 5:10 pm

Oooo.....yikes.....no.
Back to top Go down
81X11

81X11

PostSubject: Re: somone messed with gumby's wagon   somone messed with gumby's wagon Icon_minitimeMon Mar 05, 2012 5:45 pm

Can we finally get rid of the crappy black side trim that falls off...please?
Back to top Go down
silverton34c

silverton34c

PostSubject: Re: somone messed with gumby's wagon   somone messed with gumby's wagon Icon_minitimeMon Mar 05, 2012 5:53 pm

Whoa, I'm getting an automotive erection! Love the nose with the restyled waterfall grille. It looks "2012" in the best possible way. The contour between the back door and the rear window is also very sexy. I'd love to see what this wagon looks like from the back. (Sorry, it's just a thing I have about "backs.")

I wonder what it would look like in dark red or black? The big white-wall tires might not look so good.

If this isn't someone's Photoshop dream, I'd buy one in a minute! I'd keep my current 95 RMW in the garage right next to it.

Bill
Back to top Go down
http://silverton34c.blogspot.com/
81X11

81X11

PostSubject: Re: somone messed with gumby's wagon   somone messed with gumby's wagon Icon_minitimeMon Mar 05, 2012 5:55 pm

Put it on a Fleetwood frame so we can have some freaking legroom in the middle row please.
Back to top Go down

PostSubject: Re: somone messed with gumby's wagon   somone messed with gumby's wagon Icon_minitimeMon Mar 05, 2012 6:07 pm

Bill,there are certain parts I find very interesting but not enough for an automotive erection!Maybe
a twitch Laughing
Back to top Go down
silverton34c

silverton34c

PostSubject: Re: somone messed with gumby's wagon   somone messed with gumby's wagon Icon_minitimeMon Mar 05, 2012 6:08 pm

Yeah, but we haven't seen the back yet. That always gets more than a twitch from me.
Back to top Go down

PostSubject: Re: somone messed with gumby's wagon   somone messed with gumby's wagon Icon_minitimeMon Mar 05, 2012 6:13 pm

You need one of John's "I like big butts"stickers for your wagon.Ray a picture please!
Back to top Go down
roadmastercouple

roadmastercouple

PostSubject: Re: somone messed with gumby's wagon   somone messed with gumby's wagon Icon_minitimeMon Mar 05, 2012 6:23 pm

sexy im almost in love shhh don't tell robyn i like how the windows on the back doors and it looks like the tailights will be wicked looking. looking forward to seeing these on the round
Back to top Go down
s1l1sc

PostSubject: Re: somone messed with gumby's wagon   somone messed with gumby's wagon Icon_minitimeMon Mar 05, 2012 6:26 pm

The rake on the front windshield looks akward. The window treatment on the door also looks off - keep the rounded edge at the end, but keep it flat along the belt line.

I like the front end treatment for the most part, although I am not a big fan of the headlights pulled way back into the fenders. I do like the tail light extending around the side on the back.

The sun/moon roof would have to be re-evaluated - maybe a panorama roof option for both the front and middle seats, or a full-length roof rack option for those that actually want to carry things up there?

Overall it is a great effort given the basic shape of the current car. It modernizes fairly well.
I would buy it if it is priced/optioned right.
Back to top Go down
lornejay1

lornejay1

PostSubject: Re: somone messed with gumby's wagon   somone messed with gumby's wagon Icon_minitimeMon Mar 05, 2012 6:29 pm

I love it. Cadillac is changing models and you cannot purchase a new hearse for the next year.

This is what it will look like, hopefully I will have one

somone messed with gumby's wagon Photo-24J

Back to top Go down

PostSubject: Re: somone messed with gumby's wagon   somone messed with gumby's wagon Icon_minitimeMon Mar 05, 2012 6:36 pm

Is it sad that the XTS hearse looks nicer to me than the regular XTS?

Back to top Go down
silverton34c

silverton34c

PostSubject: Re: somone messed with gumby's wagon   somone messed with gumby's wagon Icon_minitimeMon Mar 05, 2012 6:57 pm

Hearse? I guess I didn't realize that GM bodied hearses were also long roofs. Guess I learned something this evening.

That twirly chrome thing on the side definitely turns me off. When I go, they can flip down the seats and bury me in my RMW.

Bill
Back to top Go down

PostSubject: Re: somone messed with gumby's wagon   somone messed with gumby's wagon Icon_minitimeMon Mar 05, 2012 7:09 pm

Nothing personal Lorne but I am being cremated and my ashes thrown off the york river bridge!
Yes I know its against the law here but I wont be the first or the last.
Back to top Go down

PostSubject: Re: somone messed with gumby's wagon   somone messed with gumby's wagon Icon_minitimeMon Mar 05, 2012 7:42 pm

silverton34c wrote:
Hearse? I guess I didn't realize that GM bodied hearses were also long roofs. Guess I learned something this evening.

That twirly chrome thing on the side definitely turns me off. When I go, they can flip down the seats and bury me in my RMW.

Bill

That is a landau bar, good sir.
Back to top Go down
lornejay1

lornejay1

PostSubject: Re: somone messed with gumby's wagon   somone messed with gumby's wagon Icon_minitimeMon Mar 05, 2012 8:03 pm

Stingroo wrote:
silverton34c wrote:

Bill

That is a landau bar, good sir.

Thanks Sting,gotta have them unless of course you are Whitney.

somone messed with gumby's wagon Photo-25

Jim,still have to get the Flaheroo to he furnace,unless you have that part figured out too lol!

Sorry for the thread jack I am out
Back to top Go down
buickestate
buickestate

PostSubject: Re: somone messed with gumby's wagon   somone messed with gumby's wagon Icon_minitimeMon Mar 05, 2012 8:07 pm

Flasheroo wrote:
Bill,there are certain parts I find very interesting but not enough for an automotive erection!Maybe
a twitch Laughing

medication can do that to you Jim
Back to top Go down
a1awind

a1awind

PostSubject: Re: somone messed with gumby's wagon   somone messed with gumby's wagon Icon_minitimeMon Mar 05, 2012 8:13 pm

Flasheroo wrote:

Yes I know its against the law here but I wont be the first or the last.

yes, but you wont be rolled up in a carpet.
Back to top Go down
Cadet57

Cadet57

PostSubject: Re: somone messed with gumby's wagon   somone messed with gumby's wagon Icon_minitimeMon Mar 05, 2012 8:19 pm

lornejay1 wrote:

Thanks Sting,gotta have them unless of course you are Whitney.

somone messed with gumby's wagon Photo-25

I prefer the full glass look too. Reminds me of the old combo cars.

Back to top Go down
Fred Kiehl

Fred Kiehl

PostSubject: Re: somone messed with gumby's wagon   somone messed with gumby's wagon Icon_minitimeMon Mar 05, 2012 10:27 pm

lornejay1 wrote:
I love it. Cadillac is changing models and you cannot purchase a new hearse for the next year.

This is what it will look like, hopefully I will have one

somone messed with gumby's wagon Photo-24J

If the roof is fiberglass modding it would be pretty easy. It would look good with a lower roof line. Then the landau bar could be removed for a more wagon/panel delivery look. It would look even longer. It would be nice if it was a rear wheel drive too.
Back to top Go down
Sprocket

Sprocket

PostSubject: Re: somone messed with gumby's wagon   somone messed with gumby's wagon Icon_minitimeTue Mar 06, 2012 7:08 am

So where did you find this picture Ian?

Looks like a Tauras in the back IMO
Back to top Go down
1993 Roady-man

1993 Roady-man

PostSubject: Re: somone messed with gumby's wagon   somone messed with gumby's wagon Icon_minitimeTue Mar 06, 2012 8:14 am

Real funny you posted this I was looking at the newer Buick bumper covers to see if I could mate one of these up like you posted. The the only reason I wanted to do this was because of the lights. I never thought about the side c pillars. This honestly gives me more drive to look harder now. Thanks for posting.
Back to top Go down
FlashGumby

FlashGumby

PostSubject: Re: somone messed with gumby's wagon   somone messed with gumby's wagon Icon_minitimeTue Mar 06, 2012 6:25 pm

Interesting concept. I'd like to see what they propose for the back. (They hint at it a little with the wrap-around tails.) It looks like they cut off a fair amount of vesibility with the C-pillar treatment. That's one of my main complaints against the newer Buicks I've rented. They look cool (and the interiors are star-ship radical) but the visibility stinks.

somone messed with gumby's wagon DaddyWagon_big-1
-Scott McGrath
'96 Roadmaster Estate Ltd. - Last of the Great American Wagons
http://www.cardomain.com/ride/2762557
ISSCA#2229 BCA#43406 BMD#115
Back to top Go down
AzDon

AzDon

PostSubject: Re: somone messed with gumby's wagon   somone messed with gumby's wagon Icon_minitimeWed Mar 07, 2012 12:06 am

If that Buick was a time capsule, what era would it represent?
IMO, too many conflicting themes at work with 2012 meeting the fifties....
The windows are round and swoopy while the woodgrain layout is very straight and square.
The whitewalls are hideous!
The Black Cad hearse would be my choice!
Back to top Go down
http://v-driveboat.com

PostSubject: Re: somone messed with gumby's wagon   somone messed with gumby's wagon Icon_minitimeWed Mar 07, 2012 1:13 am

Those whitewalls wouldn't work if it were modernized.

On Scott's real car though, they're awesome. Very Happy
Back to top Go down
a1awind

a1awind

PostSubject: Re: somone messed with gumby's wagon   somone messed with gumby's wagon Icon_minitimeWed Mar 07, 2012 4:22 am

i have narrow whites on mine....i couldnt afford wide whites like scott has.
oh and scott....i wanna get a pic of our cars together at daytona!
Back to top Go down
Sponsored content

PostSubject: Re: somone messed with gumby's wagon   somone messed with gumby's wagon Icon_minitime

Back to top Go down

somone messed with gumby's wagon
Page 1 of 1