GM Longroof Forum
Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.

HomeHome  PortalPortal  GalleryGallery  Latest imagesLatest images  SearchSearch  RegisterRegister  Log in  

Luckenbach Roady

Go down 
2 posters
AuthorMessage
81X11

81X11

Luckenbach Roady Empty
PostSubject: Luckenbach Roady   Luckenbach Roady Icon_minitimeMon Apr 16, 2012 10:34 am

Went to a friend's wedding at a gorgeous ranch in the Texas Hill Country on Saturday evening. My wife's best friend kept the kids too, so it was just my wife and I the entire weekend. I can't for the life of me remember when we've had a weekend trip alone, was a NICE change!

Stayed in Kerrville at the Sunday House Lodge. Love Kerrville, which is a neat little town on the Guadalupe River. Got to drive some of the AWESOME rollercoaster roads to the south and west of Kerrville going to and coming from the wedding. The Roady was fun on these roads but MAN we were wishing we had the motorcycles.

All the wildflowers were in bloom, great vistas, great roads, and temps in the upper 70's. Just a nice weekend...sorry there are no "road" pics....I was having too much fun driving to stop! Misty got a little car sick....hahaha! Zoommm!

Coming home yesterday we had a big German lunch in Fredericksburg, met up with my friend Rich who gave me a complete new tan dashboard for my '88 Cutlass (score!)....will have to SEM it blue, but it's tons better than my cracked one.

Our last stop was to salute "Willie and Waylon and the Boys" in Luckenbach Texas. Always nice to have a beer under the oak tress, listen to the music, and look at cars and motorcycles there.

Luckenbach Roady Luckenback

Fun times. Hope ya'll had a great weekend too!

-Mike
Back to top Go down
81X11

81X11

Luckenbach Roady Empty
PostSubject: Re: Luckenbach Roady   Luckenbach Roady Icon_minitimeMon Apr 16, 2012 10:52 am

Oh interesting mileage. Driving to Kerrville, cruise set at 75, the Roady averaged 23.4 mpg. Filled up in Kerrville and attacked the twisting, turning, climbing and dipping rollercoaster roads to the ranch and then back...speeds ranging from 25 to 85... Filled up again the next morning...did my mileage and when having "fun" only got 11.5mpg! Ouch! Ha!

-Mike
Back to top Go down
81X11

81X11

Luckenbach Roady Empty
PostSubject: Re: Luckenbach Roady   Luckenbach Roady Icon_minitimeMon Apr 16, 2012 11:09 am

Oh one more thing, this is funny, at least to me. At the wedding everyone parked in a big field and they had kids on Gators giving people rides to and from the field to the house where everyone was gathered outside. This was a pretty swanky event...with some pretty well-off folks from Austin, Dallas, and San Antonio.

I of course parked the Roady on one of the front rows of the field. We went to the wedding and reception, no big deal. The house was on a rise above the field, and they had a live band outside and dancing.

Anyway looking down from the party, the parking area was all newer-model pickup trucks, SUV's, a few black and silver Cadillacs/BMW/Lexus rigs and some generic sedans mixed in...and my Roady, which TOTALLY stood out sitting there. Hahaha!

Misty didn't notice how much it stood out until we got ready to go. We were walking down the hill and she just started shaking her head and said "why could I have not married a normal man..."

Laughing
Back to top Go down
phantom 309

phantom 309

Luckenbach Roady Empty
PostSubject: Re: Luckenbach Roady   Luckenbach Roady Icon_minitimeMon Apr 16, 2012 5:28 pm

SO,. no kids ,. just you and the wife eh?? nudge nudge wink wink,.

Nick
Back to top Go down
81X11

81X11

Luckenbach Roady Empty
PostSubject: Re: Luckenbach Roady   Luckenbach Roady Icon_minitimeTue Apr 17, 2012 12:35 pm

phantom 309 wrote:
SO,. no kids ,. just you and the wife eh?? nudge nudge wink wink,.

Nick

These pipes....are CLEAN!!! cheers

Laughing
Back to top Go down
Sponsored content

Luckenbach Roady Empty
PostSubject: Re: Luckenbach Roady   Luckenbach Roady Icon_minitime

Back to top Go down

Luckenbach Roady
Page 1 of 1