GM Longroof Forum
Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.

HomeHome  PortalPortal  GalleryGallery  Latest imagesLatest images  SearchSearch  RegisterRegister  Log in  

My new, old stock rims

Go down 
+4
jayoldschool
brokecello
1993 Roady-man
jimbeau
8 posters
AuthorMessage
jimbeau

My new, old stock rims Empty
PostSubject: My new, old stock rims   My new, old stock rims Icon_minitimeWed May 16, 2012 12:41 pm

Many thanks to my friend for selling me a set of my fay-vo-rite rims before he had a chance to ruin them.

My new, old stock rims Buickwheelssmall
Back to top Go down
1993 Roady-man

1993 Roady-man

PostSubject: Re: My new, old stock rims   My new, old stock rims Icon_minitimeWed May 16, 2012 1:28 pm

They should have went on a Buick. Looks dam good though.
Back to top Go down
jimbeau

PostSubject: Re: My new, old stock rims   My new, old stock rims Icon_minitimeWed May 16, 2012 1:56 pm

only in your mind, friend.
Back to top Go down

PostSubject: Re: My new, old stock rims   My new, old stock rims Icon_minitimeWed May 16, 2012 7:00 pm

Looks damn good to me as well.Those rims look great on our wagons PERIOD!Texas Mike has a set
that I want for my buick.Too far away though!
Back to top Go down
brokecello
brokecello

PostSubject: Re: My new, old stock rims   My new, old stock rims Icon_minitimeWed May 16, 2012 7:08 pm

Very nice!! Very clean wagon too!
Back to top Go down
http://www.ChrisPowellmusic.com
jayoldschool

jayoldschool

PostSubject: Re: My new, old stock rims   My new, old stock rims Icon_minitimeWed May 16, 2012 7:21 pm

Needs more Buick.
Back to top Go down
jimbeau

PostSubject: Re: My new, old stock rims   My new, old stock rims Icon_minitimeWed May 16, 2012 7:34 pm

See post #3. Just because something may remind you of a Buick doesn't mean that is the only brand it can go on.
The appearance differences between the Roadmaster and Chevy wagons are laughable because they are so small.
Squint, if you have to.
Back to top Go down
1phastsswagon

1phastsswagon

PostSubject: Re: My new, old stock rims   My new, old stock rims Icon_minitimeWed May 16, 2012 7:39 pm

LQQkn good there Jim
Back to top Go down
https://sites.google.com/site/carissmacom/home
jimbeau

PostSubject: Re: My new, old stock rims   My new, old stock rims Icon_minitimeWed May 16, 2012 7:52 pm

Thanks! I've had my old 1A2 for over ten years now, and I don't see any reason at all to ditch it for another car because it's set up the way I want, goes like hell, and ain't worth crap to the rest of the world. Just yesterday, I was flying around the freeway cloverleaf in a four wheel drift, scaring all of the wusses in their cool new mopars & whatever by the crazy old man in his crazy old car. Life is still good.
hmmm.... my left arm is going numb and I have a headache. What does this mean?
zldf5kjgbvc [ dm,4cv 9e4 b p ;cv,fdlgn ..............................................
Back to top Go down

PostSubject: Re: My new, old stock rims   My new, old stock rims Icon_minitimeWed May 16, 2012 11:24 pm

Was doing the same thing today when I left the hospital.No 4 wheel drifts but I was enjoying a
set of perfectly banked feed ramps with matching apex left to right corners.Had a VW GTI with
what looked like BBS wheels and a very low suspension setup fall in behind me.Know I cant hang
with him but since I was in front,we had a blast.My wagon may be old and heavy just like me
but it still likes to play!
Back to top Go down
rimsvet

PostSubject: Re: My new, old stock rims   My new, old stock rims Icon_minitimeThu May 17, 2012 4:43 pm

I love these wheels too. I just bought 2 sets of them. I started to clean up the first set when I stumbled on a second set that was a little nicer. I now have them installed and look great. Funny though that my wife (Not a car person) didn't even notice a difference from the factory alloy wheels.
Hey Jim if you want my first set I'll sell them for what I paid for them ($125) but they need to be finished. I wire brushed the back side that was rusty and painted them black. The front side black part has been sanded and prepped but needs to be painted. The chrome isn't perfect and has some pitting in the seam creases. I'd say driver quality. I was gonna finish them myself and ask $200. I live in PA but here's the kicker, I will be traveling to just south east of Urbana, VA for the Memorial Day weekend and can bring them along if you'd like to come up and have a look. I can email some pics. Let me know.
Bryan
Back to top Go down

PostSubject: Re: My new, old stock rims   My new, old stock rims Icon_minitimeThu May 17, 2012 9:26 pm

Thanks Bryan but I currently have too many rims as it is.Besides the sets on both wagons,I
have 4 complete sets of wheels.Going to wait for a set with nice white wall tires already mounted.
Back to top Go down
jimbeau

PostSubject: Re: My new, old stock rims   My new, old stock rims Icon_minitimeFri May 18, 2012 3:20 am

Flasheroo wrote:
Was doing the same thing today when I left the hospital.No 4 wheel drifts but I was enjoying a
set of perfectly banked feed ramps with matching apex left to right corners.Had a VW GTI with
what looked like BBS wheels and a very low suspension setup fall in behind me.Know I cant hang
with him but since I was in front,we had a blast.My wagon may be old and heavy just like me
but it still likes to play!
Hanging with them requires a few parameters.
Most cars that are really set up to corner lose their ability to take any erratic pavement.
If you have a little 'spongey-ness' in your suspension (we have plenty) and old school tires that can soak up smalls 'bumps',
the other guys will be too scared to really plow into it on less-than-perfect pavement, lest they lose it.
All you need is guts... or stupidity (your call). Just remember to try & be on the inside lane. heh heh
Back to top Go down

PostSubject: Re: My new, old stock rims   My new, old stock rims Icon_minitimeFri May 18, 2012 11:37 am

The second curve had a small bump about midway thru which I went right over while the VW had
to swing wide to avoid it.After doing that he had to be more careful about getting too close to
my rear and losing his forward sight line.Have always enjoyed executing the perfect line thru a
curve and feeling how the car responds to my imput.Even in these big old wagons its still fun and
even more rewarding when you run up behind some little car who thought they were going fast thru the corner.Watching them look into the rear view mirror and you can almost hear what they are thinking "where did he come from in that big ole wagon"?
Back to top Go down
Sprocket

Sprocket

PostSubject: Re: My new, old stock rims   My new, old stock rims Icon_minitimeFri May 18, 2012 12:17 pm

i like driving in rain with posi Smile
Back to top Go down

PostSubject: Re: My new, old stock rims   My new, old stock rims Icon_minitimeFri May 18, 2012 12:27 pm

You mean you like to play "Steering with your gas pedal"when it rains.Gets you a wreckless
driving ticket nowadays.Cops just dont have a sense of humor anymore do they?
Back to top Go down
lowridetbird

lowridetbird

PostSubject: Re: My new, old stock rims   My new, old stock rims Icon_minitimeWed Jun 27, 2012 7:25 am

I think thay look great,I have them on my roadmaster wogon,john
Back to top Go down
Sponsored content

PostSubject: Re: My new, old stock rims   My new, old stock rims Icon_minitime

Back to top Go down

My new, old stock rims
Page 1 of 1