GM Longroof Forum
Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.

HomeHome  PortalPortal  GalleryGallery  Latest imagesLatest images  SearchSearch  RegisterRegister  Log in  

Now it's costin' me!

Go down 
+2
Sprocket
wdgld81
6 posters
AuthorMessage
wdgld81

wdgld81

Now it's costin' me! Empty
PostSubject: Now it's costin' me!   Now it's costin' me! Icon_minitimeThu May 17, 2012 2:32 pm

Two weeks ago my 94 Caprice Wagon had the side window smashed, right after new tint, and had the Jensen stereo and nav system ripped out of the dash along with the glove box being smashed. They got the sub too, missed the amp. Put up 7 closed circuit cameras and a digital recorder so now I can view my home and garage from anywhere. New tint going on Friday, new stereo and nav system purchased along with a new sub, but someone came up on my front porch and stole the sub box after it was delivered. Got that on video. Arrest made. Now the tranny has decided that overdrive is no longer needed and the transmission shop wants $965.00 to remove, rebuild, with a shift kit, and reinstall. Goes in the shop on Monday. There is nothing you can't fix by throwing money at it!!
Back to top Go down

PostSubject: Re: Now it's costin' me!   Now it's costin' me! Icon_minitimeThu May 17, 2012 2:45 pm

There are some lowlife people in this world and it sounds like you have more than your share
living around you.Best of luck keeping your wagon together!
Back to top Go down
Sprocket

Sprocket

PostSubject: Re: Now it's costin' me!   Now it's costin' me! Icon_minitimeThu May 17, 2012 4:39 pm

under a grand to rebuild the tranny is pretty fair.

sux about the other stuff!
Back to top Go down
brokecello
brokecello

PostSubject: Re: Now it's costin' me!   Now it's costin' me! Icon_minitimeThu May 17, 2012 6:09 pm

Yeah...glad you got the second theft on camera. Thats a good price on the trans too. Itll feel good to have that done!
Back to top Go down
http://www.ChrisPowellmusic.com
wdgld81

wdgld81

PostSubject: Re: Now it's costin' me!   Now it's costin' me! Icon_minitimeThu May 17, 2012 6:47 pm

Yeah, I thought the price was fair for the tranny rebuild. That's why it's going in the shop on Monday... not to mention I don't feel like spending this weekend removing the tranny and next weekend putting it back in. The shop said it was a good move to put in the shift kit as well. Thanks guys!!!
Back to top Go down
AzDon

AzDon

PostSubject: Re: Now it's costin' me!   Now it's costin' me! Icon_minitimeThu May 17, 2012 7:51 pm

They couldn't get the same guy for the first theft?
Back to top Go down
http://v-driveboat.com
wdgld81

wdgld81

PostSubject: Re: Now it's costin' me!   Now it's costin' me! Icon_minitimeThu May 17, 2012 9:22 pm

I put the cameras up after the wagon was broken into. The guy they arrested grabbed a UPS shipment off my front porch. The cameras were an excellent purchase. I just watched 2 punks eye ballin' the wagon just now and I was in the garage and opened the overhead door while they were still standing there. SURPRISE!!!!
Back to top Go down

PostSubject: Re: Now it's costin' me!   Now it's costin' me! Icon_minitimeThu May 17, 2012 9:29 pm

I have family all over ohio and crime there is terrible.My uncle in ashtabula has had both cars
broken into and he has to keep his lawn mower in the house because they keep breaking into
his garage and stealing them.Doesnt even bother locking up the garage.
Back to top Go down
jimbeau

PostSubject: Re: Now it's costin' me!   Now it's costin' me! Icon_minitimeFri May 18, 2012 2:09 am

I am cheap, but I absolutely HATE living in an area where petty theft and vandalism happen.
Once it starts in my safe little neighborhood, I will be gone.
Back to top Go down
Bewber

Bewber

PostSubject: Re: Now it's costin' me!   Now it's costin' me! Icon_minitimeFri May 18, 2012 8:09 am

You guys should move to somewhere safe, like Flint with me and Pete.
Back to top Go down
AzDon

AzDon

PostSubject: Re: Now it's costin' me!   Now it's costin' me! Icon_minitimeFri May 18, 2012 4:27 pm

My son lives in PHX and has an s-10 xtreme....... Three attempts to break in each cost over a grand to repair.... the last breakin was a brick thru the side window and the complete destruction of the dashboard to get a $200 radio and cost almost 5k to fix!! We have now installed fishhooks under the dash and He now has an alarm that goes off when the doorhandle is pulled, and hasnt had problems since...
If I lived in a high-crime area, I'd be fenced and gated and have a couple of mean dogs and have a package-drop for UPS
Back to top Go down
http://v-driveboat.com
jimbeau

PostSubject: Re: Now it's costin' me!   Now it's costin' me! Icon_minitimeFri May 18, 2012 7:17 pm

Bewber wrote:
You guys should move to somewhere safe, like Flint with Pete.
fixed
Back to top Go down
Sponsored content

PostSubject: Re: Now it's costin' me!   Now it's costin' me! Icon_minitime

Back to top Go down

Now it's costin' me!
Page 1 of 1

Permissions in this forum:You cannot reply to topics in this forum
GM Longroof Forum :: Longroof Tech :: Wagon General Discussion-
Jump to: