GM Longroof Forum
Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.

HomeHome  PortalPortal  GalleryGallery  Latest imagesLatest images  SearchSearch  RegisterRegister  Log in  

I got to thinkin'...

Go down 
3 posters
AuthorMessage
jimbeau

I got to thinkin'... Empty
PostSubject: I got to thinkin'...   I got to thinkin'... Icon_minitimeMon Jun 18, 2012 11:12 pm

Is anyone right here reading this right here aware of any known issues on these here wagons with leaking or rust forming from any of the roof trim screw holes anywhere?
Back to top Go down
buickestate
buickestate

PostSubject: Re: I got to thinkin'...   I got to thinkin'... Icon_minitimeMon Jun 18, 2012 11:36 pm

next time you are bewber's take a close look at the roof on his project wagon, the roof rack has been removed and you can see how it's put together and it will give you an idea of what to look for.
Back to top Go down
jimbeau

PostSubject: Re: I got to thinkin'...   I got to thinkin'... Icon_minitimeTue Jun 19, 2012 12:15 am

I don't plan on going to Bewber's for a while, but that won't matter.
That thing will be sitting there in it's outdoor museum until after I'm dead.
Back to top Go down
brokecello
brokecello

PostSubject: Re: I got to thinkin'...   I got to thinkin'... Icon_minitimeTue Jun 19, 2012 9:01 pm

Any rust Ive seen on the roofs have been around the vista glass (and those wellnuts that hold the large black plastic roofrack piece behind the vista glass. Pulled a vista glass a couple weeks ago and there was noticable rust around a couple of those wellnuts.

I got to thinkin'... IMG_0417-1
Back to top Go down
http://www.ChrisPowellmusic.com
brokecello
brokecello

PostSubject: Re: I got to thinkin'...   I got to thinkin'... Icon_minitimeTue Jun 19, 2012 9:17 pm

I forgot about the torx bolts/wellnuts that hold the side roofrack strips on. I could push my finger ( metal was really soft ) into some of the holes....

I got to thinkin'... Photo-32
Back to top Go down
http://www.ChrisPowellmusic.com

PostSubject: Re: I got to thinkin'...   I got to thinkin'... Icon_minitimeTue Jun 19, 2012 9:46 pm

While these roofracks were more cosmetic than anything else,the fact is that this is a rust hole
just waiting to happen!
Back to top Go down

PostSubject: Re: I got to thinkin'...   I got to thinkin'... Icon_minitimeTue Jun 19, 2012 10:31 pm

More cosmetic than anything else? Tim and I disagree!
Back to top Go down

PostSubject: Re: I got to thinkin'...   I got to thinkin'... Icon_minitimeTue Jun 19, 2012 11:16 pm

Ray,you know what I meant!That the vast majority of wagon owners have never used their roof
racks and never will!
Back to top Go down
jimbeau

PostSubject: Re: I got to thinkin'...   I got to thinkin'... Icon_minitimeWed Jun 20, 2012 12:58 am

Thanks for the pics & info. It doesn't yet look like I have any issues pressing on my Chebby. No vista glass. If I get bored or motivated, I'll do what I normally do: Take each screw out & grease it up & reinstall.
Back to top Go down

PostSubject: Re: I got to thinkin'...   I got to thinkin'... Icon_minitimeWed Jun 20, 2012 10:54 am

jimbeau wrote:
Thanks for the pics & info. It doesn't yet look like I have any issues pressing on my Chebby. No vista glass. If I get bored or motivated, I'll do what I normally do: Take each screw out & grease it up & reinstall.
Bet you do a bunch of greasing it up!
Back to top Go down
Sponsored content

PostSubject: Re: I got to thinkin'...   I got to thinkin'... Icon_minitime

Back to top Go down

I got to thinkin'...
Page 1 of 1