GM Longroof Forum
Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.

HomeHome  PortalPortal  GalleryGallery  Latest imagesLatest images  SearchSearch  RegisterRegister  Log in  

I'm looking for a certain stance...

Go down 
4 posters
AuthorMessage
Boomhauers_93Wagon

I'm looking for a certain stance... Empty
PostSubject: I'm looking for a certain stance...   I'm looking for a certain stance... Icon_minitimeSun Jun 24, 2012 6:07 pm

Well it's about time I get some new rubber...

I'm looking to give my wagon a little bit jacked up in the rear and lower in the front...

Question being is what tire sizes in the front and rear will help me accomplish this?

I'm working with 15" rims...

Thanks...
Back to top Go down

PostSubject: Re: I'm looking for a certain stance...   I'm looking for a certain stance... Icon_minitimeSun Jun 24, 2012 6:41 pm

Do you care about your ABS systen because thats what kept me from going with a set of big and
littles?With 15 inch I would use 275/60s on the rear and 235/60s on the front!
Back to top Go down
Boomhauers_93Wagon

PostSubject: Re: I'm looking for a certain stance...   I'm looking for a certain stance... Icon_minitimeSun Jun 24, 2012 10:39 pm

Flasheroo wrote:
Do you care about your ABS system

Yes and no lol...

I honestly use the wagon if I'm cruising with the family or take friends out and about for adult beverages lol...

I also just read up on the Moog CC623's, how has everyone liked em so far?

I was thinking go with bigs and littles with CC623's, any thoughts?
Back to top Go down
Cadet57

Cadet57

PostSubject: Re: I'm looking for a certain stance...   I'm looking for a certain stance... Icon_minitimeMon Jun 25, 2012 4:26 pm

235/70 Firehawk 500's on 15x8" rims. CC623's in the back, stock springs up front

I'm looking for a certain stance... 543081_10150659572338553_505618552_9377647_2015772745_n
Back to top Go down

PostSubject: Re: I'm looking for a certain stance...   I'm looking for a certain stance... Icon_minitimeMon Jun 25, 2012 4:42 pm

Firehawk Indy 500s are sadly out of production.

Sad
Back to top Go down
Fred Kiehl

Fred Kiehl

PostSubject: Re: I'm looking for a certain stance...   I'm looking for a certain stance... Icon_minitimeMon Jun 25, 2012 9:35 pm

You could use wide tires all around and cut 1/2 coil off of the front for your rake.

I have a lot of drop on the front, but have the same diameter tires all around. 205-75-15s on the front and 255-60-15s on the rear. they are and inch shorter than stock, so that lowers the car a little. I have 2 inch drop spindles on the front. A word of advice if you decide to use srop spindles, either get run-flat fronts or use 17 or 18 inch rims to give you a safety factor, so that end of your shock does not hit the ground, if you have a flat.

You may still be able to get a set of Firehawks. They are closing them out, and pricing them to move.
Back to top Go down
Boomhauers_93Wagon

PostSubject: Re: I'm looking for a certain stance...   I'm looking for a certain stance... Icon_minitimeTue Jun 26, 2012 6:26 pm

I'm looking for a certain stance... 2012-06-26_09-46-17_616

Welp he she is home and cleaned up with fresh 235/75/15's

I was gonna go with bigs and littles but really cant afford to fix any major right now if sumthing was to break lol...

I still want to go with the new springs and considering I work at a parts warehouse I should be able to get these on the cheap... I hope lol...

Back to top Go down
Cadet57

Cadet57

PostSubject: Re: I'm looking for a certain stance...   I'm looking for a certain stance... Icon_minitimeTue Jun 26, 2012 6:29 pm

Stingroo wrote:
Firehawk Indy 500s are sadly out of production.

Sad

For now. Once they get enough orders they're going to do another run. Plus, there's always BFG T/A's

Fred Kiehl wrote:

You may still be able to get a set of Firehawks. They are closing them out, and pricing them to move.

They aren't closing them out. Firestone is only making/selling them in batches so expect to pay retail on them... if you can find them.
Back to top Go down
jimbeau

PostSubject: Re: I'm looking for a certain stance...   I'm looking for a certain stance... Icon_minitimeTue Jun 26, 2012 6:33 pm

What are the points of magic in the Firehawks? Something other than a specific appearance?
Back to top Go down
Cadet57

Cadet57

PostSubject: Re: I'm looking for a certain stance...   I'm looking for a certain stance... Icon_minitimeTue Jun 26, 2012 6:35 pm

jimbeau wrote:
What are the points of magic in the Firehawks? Something other than a specific appearance?

Pretty much it I suppose. That and from what other B owners have told me they're much better than Radial T/A's.

That said, I love my 500's. They're great in the rain and very smooth on the highway. Quiet too.
Back to top Go down
Sponsored content

PostSubject: Re: I'm looking for a certain stance...   I'm looking for a certain stance... Icon_minitime

Back to top Go down

I'm looking for a certain stance...
Page 1 of 1

Permissions in this forum:You cannot reply to topics in this forum
GM Longroof Forum :: Longroof Tech :: Wheel & Tire section-
Jump to: