GM Longroof Forum
Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.

HomeHome  PortalPortal  GalleryGallery  Latest imagesLatest images  SearchSearch  RegisterRegister  Log in  

another ky hello

Go down 
+2
DROLDS2U
drano
6 posters
AuthorMessage
drano

another ky hello Empty
PostSubject: another ky hello   another ky hello Icon_minitimeSun Jul 01, 2012 9:17 am

drano here, wife just totaled our 93 rmw, so we picked up a 96 this week still working with insurance on the 93 , word to the wise forget full coverage , go with appraised value . paint job on 93 was more than they offered ( 1500) and If I give em another 350 they'll let us keep her with a rebuild title , not sure what to do , love our wagon
Back to top Go down

another ky hello Empty
PostSubject: Re: another ky hello   another ky hello Icon_minitimeSun Jul 01, 2012 9:28 am

Welcome to the group drano and sorry about your 93.Was the frame damaged and if not how hard to fix it?These wagons are tough cars and very hard to total even though the insurance companys
want to total them with very little damage.
Back to top Go down
drano

another ky hello Empty
PostSubject: Re: another ky hello   another ky hello Icon_minitimeSun Jul 01, 2012 10:16 am

looks like the a arms might be bent or shoved back, fender, upper radiator shroud, fan blade bent, she hit big culvert, would like to fix but with 200,000 miles on the drivetrain , I did drive it back from the accident 50 miles or so ,
Back to top Go down

another ky hello Empty
PostSubject: Re: another ky hello   another ky hello Icon_minitimeSun Jul 01, 2012 11:11 am

Well value wise its not worth fixing but how much sentimental value does it have?A certain moderator brought a badly rusted 93 RMW back from the dead and into a show quality one
of a kind wagon with all kinds of wonderful mods.Boils down to what it means to you and the
missus.
Back to top Go down
drano

another ky hello Empty
PostSubject: Re: another ky hello   another ky hello Icon_minitimeSun Jul 01, 2012 12:22 pm

93 was nicknamed pb&j ( peanut butter and jelly) dark maroon, metalic tan, no mouldings all trim color matched, took years to convince the wife how great wagons are , so I bought it for our 30th wedding anniverary, she is a believer now , drove the wheels off of it , trips to florida with the grandkids, would love to fix for myself but no garage. and already have a work van , pickup, 95 cutlass convertible and my 750 ace , storage is a problem
Back to top Go down
DROLDS2U

DROLDS2U

another ky hello Empty
PostSubject: Re: another ky hello   another ky hello Icon_minitimeSun Jul 01, 2012 8:29 pm

you need reciepts to show what you have done to it, or tell them to buy you another one for what they offered , i just totalled mine, i feel your pain , luckily i got good money, but having a problem finding another , im looking everywhere on the east coast
Back to top Go down
drano

another ky hello Empty
PostSubject: Re: another ky hello   another ky hello Icon_minitimeMon Jul 02, 2012 7:06 am

insurance adjuster , not to sharp .compared our 93 to sedans, just another old car to him.
I was watching a wagon in palm beach on ebay before we found this 96 in Louisville, might want to chk it out , low miles, body on the weaker side but not to bad, better than what we just bougt,
I going to have to work the passenger windows , this site is great for info , would love to catch one of the wagon fests, time and money always a problem.
sorry in advance for lack of computer skills new to this. I would love to post some pics of our toys,
Back to top Go down
DROLDS2U

DROLDS2U

another ky hello Empty
PostSubject: Re: another ky hello   another ky hello Icon_minitimeMon Jul 02, 2012 7:15 am

go to www.kbb.com and fill in your info to find value of your wagon , not all adjusters know what they are doing
Back to top Go down
scoffman

scoffman

another ky hello Empty
PostSubject: Re: another ky hello   another ky hello Icon_minitimeMon Jul 02, 2012 8:23 am

Welcome. I to hail from the great common wealth state of Kentucky. Sorry to hear about the loss. I hope your replacement wagon serves you just as well.
Back to top Go down
DROLDS2U

DROLDS2U

another ky hello Empty
PostSubject: Re: another ky hello   another ky hello Icon_minitimeMon Jul 02, 2012 10:45 am

any leads on another roadie in good shape will be appreciated, im ready to buy
Back to top Go down
phantom 309

phantom 309

another ky hello Empty
PostSubject: Re: another ky hello   another ky hello Icon_minitimeMon Jul 02, 2012 12:54 pm

Lotta doctors here now,.
Dr olds
Dr Ano.

Nick
Back to top Go down
drano

another ky hello Empty
PostSubject: Re: another ky hello   another ky hello Icon_minitimeMon Jul 02, 2012 4:38 pm

thanks to everyone, adjuster just called and upped his offer to 2200 after my 500 deduct
so I am looking at accepting , payoff is 1500, leave me 350 or so after the buyback, might be able to scratch up some parts and fix pb&j or part her out still not sure
still a damn nice ride ,

Back to top Go down
94Woody

94Woody

another ky hello Empty
PostSubject: Re: another ky hello   another ky hello Icon_minitimeMon Jul 02, 2012 7:14 pm

Where you located?
Back to top Go down
drano

another ky hello Empty
PostSubject: Re: another ky hello   another ky hello Icon_minitimeTue Jul 03, 2012 6:44 am

located in cloverport, she had her wreck in Etown , I drove roadie home from there,
I bet this car would make a great GS clone already had chrome deleted, smothed out a bit , I just really don't need another vehicle , van, pickup, convertible, 2 wagons, and motorcycle. and I don't have a garage
We live in a 109 year old church on main st, way to many projects, any longroofs wishing to stop by are welcome definatley unusual,
I have the original paperwork for the 93 (wrecked now) she was a head turner, people would ask if she was new
course I could try and sell the cutlass convertible, use the money to really slick her back up Very Happy and slim down the fleet
Back to top Go down
DROLDS2U

DROLDS2U

another ky hello Empty
PostSubject: Re: another ky hello   another ky hello Icon_minitimeTue Jul 03, 2012 7:06 am

let someone else buy it from you for parts , maybe you can get 700
Back to top Go down
drano

another ky hello Empty
PostSubject: Re: another ky hello   another ky hello Icon_minitimeTue Jul 03, 2012 7:38 am

pretty sure I can get 3 to 5 for the motor, and keep the trans, rearend is the towing pkg option, car had a sticker close to 30,000 in 93
Makes me sick just thinking bout it, love the wife, but she sure has screwed up a lot nice cars over the last 35 yrs,
still thinking bout the GS wagon for me , make a hell of a work truck,
Back to top Go down
COL

COL

another ky hello Empty
PostSubject: Re: another ky hello   another ky hello Icon_minitimeTue Jul 03, 2012 7:42 am

drano wrote:
located in cloverport, she had her wreck in Etown , I drove roadie home from there,
I bet this car would make a great GS clone already had chrome deleted, smothed out a bit , I just really don't need another vehicle , van, pickup, convertible, 2 wagons, and motorcycle. and I don't have a garage
We live in a 109 year old church on main st, way to many projects, any longroofs wishing to stop by are welcome definatley unusual,
I have the original paperwork for the 93 (wrecked now) she was a head turner, people would ask if she was new
course I could try and sell the cutlass convertible, use the money to really slick her back up Very Happy and slim down the fleet

I would like to see pictures of your 109 year old church.
COL
Back to top Go down
DROLDS2U

DROLDS2U

another ky hello Empty
PostSubject: Re: another ky hello   another ky hello Icon_minitimeTue Jul 03, 2012 7:43 am

if you drove it home 50 miles, how bad could it be, just measure the frame ,make sure it isnt bent
Back to top Go down
Sponsored content

another ky hello Empty
PostSubject: Re: another ky hello   another ky hello Icon_minitime

Back to top Go down

another ky hello
Page 1 of 1

Permissions in this forum:You cannot reply to topics in this forum
GM Longroof Forum :: The Welcome Wagon :: Introductions...-
Jump to: