GM Longroof Forum
Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.

HomeHome  PortalPortal  GalleryGallery  Latest imagesLatest images  SearchSearch  RegisterRegister  Log in  

left & right chevy armrest switch escutcheons

Go down 
3 posters
AuthorMessage
jimbeau

left & right chevy armrest switch escutcheons Empty
PostSubject: left & right chevy armrest switch escutcheons   left & right chevy armrest switch escutcheons Icon_minitimeThu Jul 12, 2012 4:24 pm

I need a pair of armrest switch escutcheons that have the 'dull' or satin looking wood surface finish.
They hafta be in near A-1 shape, with the lettering intact. Also, the right one can't have holes for a power seat.
Back to top Go down
Fred Kiehl

Fred Kiehl

PostSubject: Re: left & right chevy armrest switch escutcheons   left & right chevy armrest switch escutcheons Icon_minitimeThu Jul 12, 2012 6:12 pm

I only have shiny ones, but the right one has just the window switch.
Back to top Go down
jimbeau

PostSubject: Re: left & right chevy armrest switch escutcheons   left & right chevy armrest switch escutcheons Icon_minitimeThu Jul 12, 2012 8:33 pm

Those are the ones I have. If I don't have any luck, I may have to try & sand them down to dull them to see if they will better match the door panels I'm using.
Back to top Go down
Fred Kiehl

Fred Kiehl

PostSubject: Re: left & right chevy armrest switch escutcheons   left & right chevy armrest switch escutcheons Icon_minitimeThu Jul 12, 2012 8:45 pm

You could always use dullcoat to finish them.
Back to top Go down
lakeffect

lakeffect

PostSubject: Re: left & right chevy armrest switch escutcheons   left & right chevy armrest switch escutcheons Icon_minitimeThu Jul 12, 2012 10:07 pm

That's what I was thinking as well, just dull coat them.
Back to top Go down
jimbeau

PostSubject: Re: left & right chevy armrest switch escutcheons   left & right chevy armrest switch escutcheons Icon_minitimeFri Jul 13, 2012 2:41 am

The 'wood' on the doorpull area is also a different shade; more reddish, along with being more subdued & unshiny. I spose I could try some transparent tint, then dull coat.

Fred, do you have any blue bezels?
Back to top Go down
Fred Kiehl

Fred Kiehl

PostSubject: Re: left & right chevy armrest switch escutcheons   left & right chevy armrest switch escutcheons Icon_minitimeFri Jul 13, 2012 11:12 am

You could paint them to match your interior, and use decals to replace the lettering, then use a satin clearcoat to keep sheen to a minimum.
Back to top Go down
jimbeau

PostSubject: Re: left & right chevy armrest switch escutcheons   left & right chevy armrest switch escutcheons Icon_minitimeFri Jul 13, 2012 2:38 pm

lol... or I could just live with them the way they are. My ride is FAR from perfect.
Back to top Go down
Sponsored content

PostSubject: Re: left & right chevy armrest switch escutcheons   left & right chevy armrest switch escutcheons Icon_minitime

Back to top Go down

left & right chevy armrest switch escutcheons
Page 1 of 1