GM Longroof Forum
Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.

HomeHome  PortalPortal  GalleryGallery  Latest imagesLatest images  SearchSearch  RegisterRegister  Log in  

My "New" Roadmaster

Go down 
5 posters
AuthorMessage

My "New" Roadmaster Empty
PostSubject: My "New" Roadmaster   My "New" Roadmaster Icon_minitimeSun Jul 15, 2012 11:45 am

Hi All,

I'm new here. I just bought a 1992 Roadmaster Wagon (I have another that I had for about 2 month but the trans went on it)

This new one is in awesome shape with 103K on it. I have the tail gate lght on on the dash - even after you take out the key! See electrical for more info on that problem!

Otherwise it's in pretty good shape - a little rust - very little and very clean. It's missing the black rubber trim on the chrome but most of them are missing it. I think I have found new black rubber trim however so we shall see!

I can't post pictures for 7 days - I'm new - but put http: in front of the below and it will show you the car on my photobucket account

https://s1097.photobucket.com/albums/g343/reinhardt2/Public/Roadmaster/?start=all

Last edited by JimR on Sun Jul 15, 2012 11:46 am; edited 1 time in total (Reason for editing : Typo in post!)
Back to top Go down

PostSubject: Re: My "New" Roadmaster   My "New" Roadmaster Icon_minitimeSun Jul 15, 2012 11:56 am

Welcome to the group JimR,I too am a Jim.The tailgate light may be something as simple as you
needing to give the door a good slam.I know that my Olds requires a good push where as my
buick closes much more easily.
Welcome Again
Back to top Go down

PostSubject: Re: My "New" Roadmaster   My "New" Roadmaster Icon_minitimeSun Jul 15, 2012 12:10 pm

Thanks! - I just posted in the Electrical section and its more than a good slam! Sad
Back to top Go down
Sprocket

Sprocket

PostSubject: Re: My "New" Roadmaster   My "New" Roadmaster Icon_minitimeSun Jul 15, 2012 1:04 pm

welcome aboard! Looks like a nice one. Good to see they are still out there!

Enjoy and welcome to the nuthouse.
Back to top Go down
silverfox103
silverfox103

PostSubject: Re: My "New" Roadmaster   My "New" Roadmaster Icon_minitimeSun Jul 15, 2012 1:06 pm

Flasheroo wrote:
The tailgate light may be something as simple as you needing to give the door a good slam.

JimR wrote:
Thanks! - I just posted in the Electrical section and its more than a good slam! Sad

Jim the Flash is correct! As crude as it sounds, slamming the door takes care of 75% of tailgate problems. Make sure that bottom right hand corner is pushed in.

Tom C.
Back to top Go down

PostSubject: Re: My "New" Roadmaster   My "New" Roadmaster Icon_minitimeSun Jul 15, 2012 1:49 pm

I hear ya Tom but after slamming for 2 days, both ways, opening the gate, taking the wires to the switch off the switch, jumping the wires together...... and not a change - I think I'm in the 25% club! So, I removed the bulb from the dash. Not too bad actually. I took out the ABS light too. Who needs em? Smile

I will check the battery on it and watch it for a few days to make sure its still not getting drained.

Back to top Go down
DROLDS2U

DROLDS2U

PostSubject: Re: My "New" Roadmaster   My "New" Roadmaster Icon_minitimeSun Jul 15, 2012 6:03 pm

just what we need another wagon nut, just like the rest of us, its a desease , welcome lol
Back to top Go down

PostSubject: Re: My "New" Roadmaster   My "New" Roadmaster Icon_minitimeSun Jul 15, 2012 6:09 pm

DROLDS2U wrote:
just what we need another wagon nut, just like the rest of us, its a desease , welcome lol
You are a fast learner Doc!
Back to top Go down
1phastsswagon

1phastsswagon

PostSubject: Re: My "New" Roadmaster   My "New" Roadmaster Icon_minitimeSun Jul 15, 2012 9:19 pm

Jim - Welcome to the madness , Nice looking wagon you got there, other one a Roady as well?
Back to top Go down
https://sites.google.com/site/carissmacom/home
81X11

81X11

PostSubject: Re: My "New" Roadmaster   My "New" Roadmaster Icon_minitimeMon Jul 16, 2012 10:00 am

Welocme to the forum!
Back to top Go down

PostSubject: Re: My "New" Roadmaster   My "New" Roadmaster Icon_minitimeMon Jul 16, 2012 10:08 am

1phastsswagon wrote:
Jim - Welcome to the madness , Nice looking wagon you got there, other one a Roady as well?

It is. It's a 1991 135k runs and drives very well, got it from the original owner, no rust, interior is pretty good but.... the was handicapped and 4 or 5 panels on it are wacked! And now it needs a trans. Soooo, Im not sure what I am going to do with it.
Back to top Go down
Sponsored content

PostSubject: Re: My "New" Roadmaster   My "New" Roadmaster Icon_minitime

Back to top Go down

My "New" Roadmaster
Page 1 of 1