GM Longroof Forum
Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.

HomeHome  PortalPortal  GalleryGallery  Latest imagesLatest images  SearchSearch  RegisterRegister  Log in  

Caprice wagon part out pics

Go down 
+5
95BRMW
uxwbill
Sprocket
Krzdimond
200OZ
9 posters
AuthorMessage
200OZ
200OZ

Caprice wagon part out pics Empty
PostSubject: Caprice wagon part out pics   Caprice wagon part out pics Icon_minitimeTue Aug 14, 2012 9:41 pm

The black Caprice will be going away in a few weeks so I took pics. There are not to many good parts other than the interior, but a few good rotted wagon pictures are always fun.... Right?

So, once you look at the pics, what would you have paid for it? Just curious, the p.o. thought/thinks it's worth $1,000. Keep in mind it was a complete, running, but not drivable black 1995 Caprice with 76,000 miles, with a very nice red interior.

Caprice wagon part out pics 81412001
Caprice wagon part out pics 81412002
Caprice wagon part out pics 81412003
Caprice wagon part out pics 81412004
Caprice wagon part out pics 81412005
Caprice wagon part out pics 81412006
Caprice wagon part out pics 81412007
Caprice wagon part out pics 81412008

Mike
Back to top Go down

PostSubject: Re: Caprice wagon part out pics   Caprice wagon part out pics Icon_minitimeTue Aug 14, 2012 9:48 pm

All I see is a few spots that need a little POR-15!I really HATE salt!Very low mileage drivetrain and
a ton of very useable parts.About 800 bucks is what sounds reasonable to me!
Back to top Go down

PostSubject: Re: Caprice wagon part out pics   Caprice wagon part out pics Icon_minitimeTue Aug 14, 2012 10:05 pm

Those photos are terrifying.
Back to top Go down
Krzdimond
Admin
Krzdimond

PostSubject: Re: Caprice wagon part out pics   Caprice wagon part out pics Icon_minitimeTue Aug 14, 2012 10:26 pm

'Tis but a flesh wound..
Back to top Go down
Sprocket

Sprocket

PostSubject: Re: Caprice wagon part out pics   Caprice wagon part out pics Icon_minitimeTue Aug 14, 2012 10:59 pm

Wow, that makes the 1A2 with 14 road salt winters I bought look like a Texas car!

I really think I need to hook up with a northerner and start swapping low mileage drivetrain/interiors with souther sheet metal.....
'
$500. that's what I paid for a 104K car with decent interior and rotter UPPER body.
Back to top Go down
uxwbill

uxwbill

PostSubject: Re: Caprice wagon part out pics   Caprice wagon part out pics Icon_minitimeWed Aug 15, 2012 12:43 am

That poor wagon! Sad

If it weren't for the particularly scabby looking frame, I'd say it could be saved. A neighbor of mine had a '94 9C1 Caprice sedan with thoroughly rotted floors. He pulled out the entire interior and made the floors solid again in the course of a few afternoons. It looked pretty good when he was done.

Then he set in to find interior carpet with fewer "sins" (cigarette burns in particular) than the original and I think there was a new back seat installed as well.
Back to top Go down
http://greyghost.mooo.com/
200OZ
200OZ

PostSubject: Re: Caprice wagon part out pics   Caprice wagon part out pics Icon_minitimeWed Aug 15, 2012 1:24 am

This wagon can't be saved, and there are not a lot of parts that are any good. The frame is rotted right at the rear lower control arm mounts on both sides (look close at the rear frame pic), and up by where the front 4 body mounts are. The fire wall is rotted away where the 4 front body mounts are. The pics of the floor boards/firewall.... Those holes just behind the brake peddle, and the smaller hole on the pass. side are where the body mounts are supposed to be, it's all gone. The jack stands "sank" into the frame when I jacked it up and lowered it onto the stands. If I'd stand on the rear floors I'd fall through, and so would skinny Tim. Scabby doesn't even begin to describe this car. I've got a 16 gal shop vac 3/4s full of the rusted, rotted metal that has fallen off in the last few days. There is no saving this car, just some of the parts. This is what happens when a rust belt car (Buffalo, Rochester, and Syracuse) get driven in the snow and salt slushy, and grandma sticks it in the garage for a few days until she goes to church Sunday. The garage is a bit warmer usually, so the snow, and ice melt and this allows the salt slushy to creep into, and then sit in every crevasse. This car is worse than your normal 15 year old car up here, and it's too bad, was a nice car at one time. To all you southerners..... Sorry for the nightmares.

Mike

Last edited by 200OZ on Wed Aug 15, 2012 10:22 am; edited 1 time in total
Back to top Go down
uxwbill

uxwbill

PostSubject: Re: Caprice wagon part out pics   Caprice wagon part out pics Icon_minitimeWed Aug 15, 2012 9:47 am

200OZ wrote:
This wagon can't be saved, and there are not a lot of parts that are any good.
I was basically agreeing with you on that front. Smile

This is exactly why I'm putting mine away in the garage for the long, cold winter season ahead. What a mess.
Back to top Go down
http://greyghost.mooo.com/
95BRMW

95BRMW

PostSubject: Re: Caprice wagon part out pics   Caprice wagon part out pics Icon_minitimeWed Aug 15, 2012 1:06 pm

Some parts of that look better than my rustmaster, others looks much worse. At least the frame didn't split when you lifted the rear like mine did Smile
Back to top Go down
Mark 96 Roady

PostSubject: Re: Caprice wagon part out pics   Caprice wagon part out pics Icon_minitimeThu Aug 16, 2012 12:50 am

It's frightening to think someone was actually driving that car on the road! In PA (where I live) we have annual vehicle inspections that prohibit vehicles with that kind of damage from being on the road. I grew up in Ohio, where there are no vehicle inspections, so of course all of us (as kids and especially when in college) thought nothing of driving cars like that. I remember helping friends pop rivet sheet metal into floors like that, and hoping for the best. Ahh, the good old days!!
Back to top Go down
DROLDS2U

DROLDS2U

PostSubject: Re: Caprice wagon part out pics   Caprice wagon part out pics Icon_minitimeThu Aug 16, 2012 5:36 pm

are those molded mud flaps or just the regular old flat ones , if molded id like to buy them
Back to top Go down
81X11

81X11

PostSubject: Re: Caprice wagon part out pics   Caprice wagon part out pics Icon_minitimeThu Aug 16, 2012 5:45 pm

Wow...just wow. How horribly sad. What a waste of a nice low-mile car. Salt it evil stuff!!!!!!!
Back to top Go down
Cadet57

Cadet57

PostSubject: Re: Caprice wagon part out pics   Caprice wagon part out pics Icon_minitimeThu Aug 16, 2012 6:13 pm

Mike, Did anyone call dibs on all the black rubber belt trim? If not, would you be willing to pull it all for me?
Back to top Go down
81X11

81X11

PostSubject: Re: Caprice wagon part out pics   Caprice wagon part out pics Icon_minitimeThu Aug 16, 2012 6:27 pm

Caprice wagon part out pics Rust-for-sale
Back to top Go down
Cadet57

Cadet57

PostSubject: Re: Caprice wagon part out pics   Caprice wagon part out pics Icon_minitimeThu Aug 16, 2012 6:28 pm

Hey, it comes with a roll of duct tape!
Back to top Go down
DROLDS2U

DROLDS2U

PostSubject: Re: Caprice wagon part out pics   Caprice wagon part out pics Icon_minitimeThu Aug 16, 2012 6:33 pm

i have a good body, but we both dont have a good frame
Back to top Go down
Sponsored content

PostSubject: Re: Caprice wagon part out pics   Caprice wagon part out pics Icon_minitime

Back to top Go down

Caprice wagon part out pics
Page 1 of 1