GM Longroof Forum
Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.

HomeHome  PortalPortal  GalleryGallery  Latest imagesLatest images  SearchSearch  RegisterRegister  Log in  

The way I spent my summer holidays

Go down 
+5
silverfox103
jayoldschool
200OZ
81X11
Sakke
9 posters
AuthorMessage
Sakke

Sakke

The way I spent my summer holidays Empty
PostSubject: The way I spent my summer holidays   The way I spent my summer holidays Icon_minitimeTue Aug 21, 2012 3:42 pm

Don't know if this is the right place to post this...or if anyone cares, but I post this anyway...

Spent almost all of my summer holiday this year doing this.
I ordered c-clip elimininators, because rear wheel bearings were bad, started to put them on
I realised they don't fit. They were ment rear axels diameter about 35,5mm, mine was about 41mm
Tried to order right ones, I was told they are not available, Axle Repair Bearings that size not available, New axels that size not available... So I bought bearing that nearly fits, and did the c-clip eliminators myself...

The way I spent my summer holidays 12080003
The way I spent my summer holidays 12080004

I also put on hooker headers shortys and made stainless dual pipes
The way I spent my summer holidays 12080012The way I spent my summer holidays 12080035The way I spent my summer holidays 12080036
The way I spent my summer holidays 12080037
The way I spent my summer holidays 12080044
Back to top Go down
81X11

81X11

PostSubject: Re: The way I spent my summer holidays   The way I spent my summer holidays Icon_minitimeTue Aug 21, 2012 3:55 pm

Nice work! Looks great and bet it sounds good too!
Back to top Go down
200OZ
200OZ

PostSubject: Re: The way I spent my summer holidays   The way I spent my summer holidays Icon_minitimeTue Aug 21, 2012 5:02 pm

Looks good, nice job on the exhaust, and axle bearings.

Mike
Back to top Go down
jayoldschool

jayoldschool

PostSubject: Re: The way I spent my summer holidays   The way I spent my summer holidays Icon_minitimeTue Aug 21, 2012 6:06 pm

First time I have seen flex pipes on our cars. Do you usually work on imports? <edit> oops, I just noticed your location.

Last edited by jayoldschool on Tue Aug 21, 2012 9:01 pm; edited 1 time in total
Back to top Go down
silverfox103
silverfox103

PostSubject: Re: The way I spent my summer holidays   The way I spent my summer holidays Icon_minitimeTue Aug 21, 2012 6:13 pm

Nice work on your wagon "Sakke"! We have quite a few Europeans that are members, word must be getting out.

My oldest daughter, who now is 31 was an exchange student in Turku Finland for her senior year in high school. Doing that put the traveling bug in her and shaped what she studied in college and what she is doing today, Historical Preservation.

Tom C.
Back to top Go down

PostSubject: Re: The way I spent my summer holidays   The way I spent my summer holidays Icon_minitimeTue Aug 21, 2012 9:01 pm

You sure have been busy Sakke and it looks great!How about a vid of your wagon running with
your foot on the gas.
Back to top Go down
BigBlackBeaSSt

BigBlackBeaSSt

PostSubject: Re: The way I spent my summer holidays   The way I spent my summer holidays Icon_minitimeTue Aug 21, 2012 9:28 pm

Great work, love the ingenuity.

The system you bought was likely for the sedan's. The wagon has a larger axle.
Back to top Go down
brokecello
brokecello

PostSubject: Re: The way I spent my summer holidays   The way I spent my summer holidays Icon_minitimeTue Aug 21, 2012 10:05 pm

Wow! Great work!! Shocked
Back to top Go down
http://www.ChrisPowellmusic.com
Sakke

Sakke

PostSubject: Re: The way I spent my summer holidays   The way I spent my summer holidays Icon_minitimeWed Aug 22, 2012 2:25 am

Thanks everyone.

Probably I wouln't needed flexpipes, but there was two reasons I used them.
1. People have been scaring me about how easily stainless cracks, I thought flexpipes might help?
2. With 2,5" pipes it was quite tight fit, especially driverside so I thought engine wouldn't move
the pipes so much so they don't hit anything.

I try to get the video later.
Back to top Go down
sherlock9c1

PostSubject: Re: The way I spent my summer holidays   The way I spent my summer holidays Icon_minitimeWed Aug 22, 2012 8:43 am

I could not see in the pictures, but make sure you are supporting the exhaust at the back of the transmission. The factory put that bracket there for a reason. If it is not there, a lot of weight is hanging from the exhaust headers every time you drive over a bump in the road.
Back to top Go down

PostSubject: Re: The way I spent my summer holidays   The way I spent my summer holidays Icon_minitimeWed Aug 22, 2012 9:38 am

Guess they have outdoor exhaust shops in finland too.Way cheaper than having to buy and run
the wiring for the exhaust fans and the ducting.
Back to top Go down
Sprocket

Sprocket

PostSubject: Re: The way I spent my summer holidays   The way I spent my summer holidays Icon_minitimeWed Aug 22, 2012 10:16 pm

Nice Work!
Back to top Go down
Sakke

Sakke

PostSubject: Re: The way I spent my summer holidays   The way I spent my summer holidays Icon_minitimeMon Aug 27, 2012 4:01 pm

sherlock9c1 wrote:
I could not see in the pictures, but make sure you are supporting the exhaust at the back of the transmission. The factory put that bracket there for a reason. If it is not there, a lot of weight is hanging from the exhaust headers every time you drive over a bump in the road.

Both sides exhaust is supported by the original three places (back of the transmission, at the rear axle and rear bumber).

Flasheroo wrote:
Guess they have outdoor exhaust shops in finland too.Way cheaper than having to buy and run
the wiring for the exhaust fans and the ducting.

Not 100% sure what you mean't but my dad has quite long forks for the forklift and I used them. You drive car onto forks and lift it, then you put supports under the forks... handy.
Back to top Go down

PostSubject: Re: The way I spent my summer holidays   The way I spent my summer holidays Icon_minitimeMon Aug 27, 2012 5:17 pm

Just went back and saw the blades and that must be a GIANT forklift to have blades that long
and far apart.Now thats a portable exhaust shop and a whole lot more.Very ingenous Sakke!
Back to top Go down
Sponsored content

PostSubject: Re: The way I spent my summer holidays   The way I spent my summer holidays Icon_minitime

Back to top Go down

The way I spent my summer holidays
Page 1 of 1