GM Longroof Forum
Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.

HomeHome  PortalPortal  GalleryGallery  Latest imagesLatest images  SearchSearch  RegisterRegister  Log in  

LT1pcmtuning.com

Go down 
3 posters
AuthorMessage
GG91Wagon

GG91Wagon

LT1pcmtuning.com Empty
PostSubject: LT1pcmtuning.com   LT1pcmtuning.com Icon_minitimeSun Aug 26, 2012 1:10 am

Has anyone used Solomon at http://www.lt1pcmtuning.com? I was just wondering what your experience was with him? I have heard lots of good things on other boards, I just would like as many opinions as I can get before I choose whom to send my PCM to.

Thanks in advance,
Collin
Back to top Go down
turbojimmy

LT1pcmtuning.com Empty
PostSubject: Re: LT1pcmtuning.com   LT1pcmtuning.com Icon_minitimeSat Oct 20, 2012 8:18 am

I know this post is a bit old, but I used him for my '96 Fleetwood. His "power tune" worked great, but introduced some odd cooling fan behavior. He tried to correct it a couple of times. I finally got my own JET tuner and took a peek myself. With the help of a different PCM tuner, I found the problem. That guy didn't want to throw Solomon under the bus so he gave me hints but wouldn't tell me exactly what the problem was. He did say, however, that the problem has been floating around for a long time among tuners who copy files from each other rather than designing their own tunes. I found the issue in the turn-on and turn-off settings for both fans. They overlapped so the fans ran continuously. I think there was something different about the sedan programming versus the F-bodies.

All told, I would use him again. He was very responsive and apologetic about it and was very determined to make sure I was happy.

If you do get your PCM tuned and the cooling fans run continuously, I can tell you exactly how to fix it ;-)
Back to top Go down
buickwagon

buickwagon

LT1pcmtuning.com Empty
PostSubject: Re: LT1pcmtuning.com   LT1pcmtuning.com Icon_minitimeSat Oct 20, 2012 9:44 am

Did you tell Solomon?
Back to top Go down
turbojimmy

LT1pcmtuning.com Empty
PostSubject: Re: LT1pcmtuning.com   LT1pcmtuning.com Icon_minitimeSat Oct 20, 2012 10:04 am

buickwagon wrote:
Did you tell Solomon?

Yes. It wasn't until after I gave him a couple of shots at fixing it that I sought outside help.
Back to top Go down
Sponsored content

LT1pcmtuning.com Empty
PostSubject: Re: LT1pcmtuning.com   LT1pcmtuning.com Icon_minitime

Back to top Go down

LT1pcmtuning.com
Page 1 of 1

Permissions in this forum:You cannot reply to topics in this forum
GM Longroof Forum :: Longroof Tech :: Electrical-
Jump to: