GM Longroof Forum
Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.

HomeHome  PortalPortal  GalleryGallery  Latest imagesLatest images  SearchSearch  RegisterRegister  Log in  

Car Inspections

Go down 
3 posters
AuthorMessage
Robert 96

Car Inspections  Empty
PostSubject: Car Inspections    Car Inspections  Icon_minitimeSun Oct 07, 2012 3:05 am

Has anyone ever had a used car inspected? Can anyone recomend an Inspection Co. ?
Back to top Go down
gmtech

gmtech

Car Inspections  Empty
PostSubject: Re: Car Inspections    Car Inspections  Icon_minitimeSun Oct 07, 2012 10:29 am

Are you looking at purchasing a vehicle and want it inspected prior to purchase? Or do you need an inspection for vehicle emissions?

I'm not sure what your level of mechanical ability is, but I think I would take it to your local garage and tell them you would like a vehicle inspection prior to purchase, assuming you are getting ready to purchase this vehicle. Make sure they get it up on a lift for an under vehicle inspection. Pull the at least 2 wheels, front and back, for a brake inspection. Look at the brake lines, check for fluid leaks; oil, coolant, brake fluid, transmission, rear diff, etc... Look at the steering linkage, tire wear, shocks, frame rot, among many other things too numerous to mention. They may also let you look too, if you ask.

Make sure everything on the inside is functional; power windows, door locks, cruise, A/C control panel (that includes heat, a/c, mode operation (defrost, panel vents, floor)), power seats, power antenna, rear door operates as designed (assuming a wagon), rear wiper, front w/s wipers, w/s washer, speedo, gauges, power mirrors, etc... You get the picture.

Also, I'm sure there will be a nominal charge for their time. You can do some of this prior to getting to the garage to minimize your time spent there. Hope this helps.
Back to top Go down
200OZ
200OZ

Car Inspections  Empty
PostSubject: Re: Car Inspections    Car Inspections  Icon_minitimeSun Oct 07, 2012 5:30 pm

Don't forget to use the forum members as an inspection possibility. Most of us would go look at a car for another forum member if it's in the area.

Mike
Back to top Go down
Sponsored content

Car Inspections  Empty
PostSubject: Re: Car Inspections    Car Inspections  Icon_minitime

Back to top Go down

Car Inspections
Page 1 of 1

Permissions in this forum:You cannot reply to topics in this forum
GM Longroof Forum :: Longroof Tech :: Wagon General Discussion-
Jump to: