GM Longroof Forum
Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.

HomeHome  PortalPortal  GalleryGallery  Latest imagesLatest images  SearchSearch  RegisterRegister  Log in  

some pics of my RMW

Go down 
+7
roadmastercouple
sherlock9c1
200OZ
Olds Weighty Eight
silverfox103
benn
BigBlackBeaSSt
11 posters
AuthorMessage

some pics of my RMW Empty
PostSubject: some pics of my RMW   some pics of my RMW Icon_minitimeFri Oct 12, 2012 3:37 pm

[img:7d1a]http://i1291.some pics of my RMW Woody1_zpsdc473102/albums/b544/rcb67/woody3_zps8f20943d.jpg[/img:7d1a]some pics of my RMW Woody4_zpsd0c8b709some pics of my RMW Woody2_zpsad848394
Back to top Go down
BigBlackBeaSSt

BigBlackBeaSSt

PostSubject: Re: some pics of my RMW   some pics of my RMW Icon_minitimeFri Oct 12, 2012 3:42 pm

Sharp car, but polishing the trim would make it really pop.
Back to top Go down

PostSubject: Re: some pics of my RMW   some pics of my RMW Icon_minitimeFri Oct 12, 2012 3:51 pm

BigBlackBeaSSt wrote:
Dont change a thing,the way the trim matches the spokes in your wheels is GREAT.Just how long did it take to do the paint work,looks like
a lot of work and it really shows.Awesome looking wagon and welcome to the group.
Back to top Go down
benn

benn

PostSubject: Re: some pics of my RMW   some pics of my RMW Icon_minitimeFri Oct 12, 2012 4:23 pm

Dont do anything to it! thing looks awesome! im jealous!
Back to top Go down
silverfox103
silverfox103

PostSubject: Re: some pics of my RMW   some pics of my RMW Icon_minitimeFri Oct 12, 2012 4:45 pm

She is a beauty! Like everything about that car. Paint, trim and wheels like great. What's the inside look like?

Welcome on board.

Tom C.
Back to top Go down

PostSubject: Thanks Guys   some pics of my RMW Icon_minitimeFri Oct 12, 2012 5:30 pm

BigBlackBeaSSt wrote:

appreciate the compliments-i like what im seeing on this forum.
interior is royal blue leather and is in pretty good shape but i could use some front door panels.
trim was easier then you would think

shes still a work in progress for sure
Back to top Go down
Olds Weighty Eight

Olds Weighty Eight

PostSubject: Re: some pics of my RMW   some pics of my RMW Icon_minitimeSat Oct 13, 2012 8:39 am

Fantastic looking Buick! Love the wheels. Cool
Back to top Go down
http://www.lakelandraceway.com/friends_garage
200OZ
200OZ

PostSubject: Re: some pics of my RMW   some pics of my RMW Icon_minitimeSat Oct 13, 2012 10:30 am

Yeah, x5, I love the wheels/trim paint!

Mike
Back to top Go down
sherlock9c1

PostSubject: Re: some pics of my RMW   some pics of my RMW Icon_minitimeSat Oct 13, 2012 11:01 am

Man, I should do the trim that way on my next wagon! Is that a vinyl overlay, or paint + clear?
Back to top Go down

PostSubject: Re: some pics of my RMW   some pics of my RMW Icon_minitimeSat Oct 13, 2012 11:27 am

Thanks again guys. The trim is paint + clear. Easier to do than you might suspect.
paint the trim your base color, let it dry, then choose your darker color for the grain and either do light brush strokes then drag a dry cloth over it very lightly, or do it all by rag, experimenting will get you where you want to go, then of course let it dry and clear it! I have to confess that i didn't do it personally, a friend did and perhaps he just made it look easy haha. in any case i can provide his info should you want to do the same kinda thing.
Happy Wagoning!
Back to top Go down
roadmastercouple

roadmastercouple

PostSubject: Re: some pics of my RMW   some pics of my RMW Icon_minitimeSat Oct 13, 2012 12:22 pm

That's things a beauty
Back to top Go down
ChevyChugg

PostSubject: Re: some pics of my RMW   some pics of my RMW Icon_minitimeSat Oct 13, 2012 1:16 pm

looks amazing, what do you have on there for suspension??
Back to top Go down
1993 Roady-man

1993 Roady-man

PostSubject: Re: some pics of my RMW   some pics of my RMW Icon_minitimeSun Oct 14, 2012 9:47 am

Dammmm,.... one nice looking ride. Love the trim and rim matching combo.
Back to top Go down
brokecello
brokecello

PostSubject: Re: some pics of my RMW   some pics of my RMW Icon_minitimeSun Oct 14, 2012 10:16 am

Wow!! Looks awesome! Like the trim/wheels too. Also like how you did the grille too. Nice!
Back to top Go down
http://www.ChrisPowellmusic.com
toomanytoyz

toomanytoyz

PostSubject: Re: some pics of my RMW   some pics of my RMW Icon_minitimeSun Oct 14, 2012 7:55 pm

Now, if someone told me that they were gonna do that... That color. 2 different wood colors. Wood grain wheels. I would have told them it would look like Hell. Don't do it! OMG it'll be HIDEOUS!

But, you sir, have somehow pulled it off. That looks Fan-Freakin'-Tastic! Very Happy My hat's off to you. Nice work. And a Hell of a bold jump in a fairly bland woodgrain world! I totally diggit!
Back to top Go down

PostSubject: Re: some pics of my RMW   some pics of my RMW Icon_minitimeSun Oct 14, 2012 10:55 pm

+1 on the above comment,know I already said I liked it but Bill did it much better!Awesome
looking wagon!
Back to top Go down
BigBlackBeaSSt

BigBlackBeaSSt

PostSubject: Re: some pics of my RMW   some pics of my RMW Icon_minitimeMon Oct 15, 2012 7:35 am

BigBlackBeaSSt wrote:

I retract that statement. I did not see the woodgrain on the wheels, I thought they were black. Very nice.
Back to top Go down
Sponsored content

PostSubject: Re: some pics of my RMW   some pics of my RMW Icon_minitime

Back to top Go down

some pics of my RMW
Page 1 of 1