GM Longroof Forum
Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.

HomeHome  PortalPortal  GalleryGallery  Latest imagesLatest images  SearchSearch  RegisterRegister  Log in  

transmission interchange

Go down 
4 posters
AuthorMessage
94X2

94X2

transmission interchange Empty
PostSubject: transmission interchange   transmission interchange Icon_minitimeTue Nov 17, 2009 9:33 am

Does anybody here know if a 94 and 95 transmissions are the same? Specifically, can I put the trans from my 94 into a 95? The 95 has been hesitating when shifting from drive to reverse and last night when it did engage and started to back up it shuddered some. Seems like this is what my 94 did right before the trans left me. Only difference it did it in forward gears. If the trans will work I might just use it since it has about 50k since it was rebuilt.
Back to top Go down
stockfornow

stockfornow

PostSubject: Re: transmission interchange   transmission interchange Icon_minitimeTue Nov 17, 2009 10:53 am

By our own, Sherlock9C1........ http://www.longroof.info/pdf/4L60E_swapguide.pdf
Back to top Go down
94X2

94X2

PostSubject: Re: transmission interchange   transmission interchange Icon_minitimeTue Nov 17, 2009 12:57 pm

Thank you that is exactly what I was looking for!
Back to top Go down
sherlock9c1

PostSubject: Re: transmission interchange   transmission interchange Icon_minitimeTue Nov 17, 2009 10:24 pm

Replacing the boost valve or doing a TransGo HD2 kit on the transmission may cure the shudder you're feeling.
Back to top Go down
lakeffect

lakeffect

PostSubject: Re: transmission interchange   transmission interchange Icon_minitimeSat Aug 28, 2010 10:57 am

I'd like to add a point about the input anf output paletaries on the 4L60 and L60E

Stock, they have four gears set into the planetary rings. (not four speeds.. think like 4 Planets around the sun)

When GM came out with the 4L65 series of trannys, on of the changes was that they put a fifth gear in the gear to be able to handle more torque. The new input and output planetary gear sets are totally interchangable into a a 4L65 tranny body.

It's about $300.00 worth of parts. If you need to rebuild and have eyes towards juicing your motor way up, it's a good idea.

It's in "Shammoo " and has been for about four years now.
Back to top Go down
Sponsored content

PostSubject: Re: transmission interchange   transmission interchange Icon_minitime

Back to top Go down

transmission interchange
Page 1 of 1