GM Longroof Forum
Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.

HomeHome  PortalPortal  GalleryGallery  Latest imagesLatest images  SearchSearch  RegisterRegister  Log in  

Wanted: Column shift lever

Go down 
4 posters
AuthorMessage

Wanted: Column shift lever Empty
PostSubject: Wanted: Column shift lever   Wanted: Column shift lever Icon_minitimeTue Oct 30, 2012 1:42 am

Mine seems to have broken. This is saddening.

Anybody have a spare laying around?
Back to top Go down
buickwagon

buickwagon

PostSubject: Re: Wanted: Column shift lever   Wanted: Column shift lever Icon_minitimeTue Oct 30, 2012 7:30 am

The lever broke? Or the mechanism? On my old 92 the mechanism broke and I had to swap in a whole new column.
Back to top Go down
Cadet57

Cadet57

PostSubject: Re: Wanted: Column shift lever   Wanted: Column shift lever Icon_minitimeTue Oct 30, 2012 8:26 am

You have a tilt column right?
Back to top Go down

PostSubject: Re: Wanted: Column shift lever   Wanted: Column shift lever Icon_minitimeTue Oct 30, 2012 10:40 am

Lever broke. It was an aftermarket one held together by a pin, and the pin broke.

And yeah, tilt column.

It still shifts fine, but I don't really want vise grips for a shifter anymore, you know?
Back to top Go down
Cadet57

Cadet57

PostSubject: Re: Wanted: Column shift lever   Wanted: Column shift lever Icon_minitimeTue Oct 30, 2012 10:41 am

Stingroo wrote:
Lever broke. It was an aftermarket one held together by a pin, and the pin broke.

And yeah, tilt column.

Damn, can't help you then. I have a non tilt lever. But if the weather stays nice, I might go to the yard on Thurs. They had 3 TBI sedans and a '91 RMW.
Back to top Go down
buickwagon

buickwagon

PostSubject: Re: Wanted: Column shift lever   Wanted: Column shift lever Icon_minitimeTue Oct 30, 2012 10:52 am

I don't have a spare shift lever. But I do have a home machine shop. All you need is a new pin then, right? Do you have a camera and some precision metrology like a micrometer or at least calipers?
Back to top Go down

PostSubject: Re: Wanted: Column shift lever   Wanted: Column shift lever Icon_minitimeTue Oct 30, 2012 10:56 am

Just a camera.
Back to top Go down
Fred Kiehl

Fred Kiehl

PostSubject: Re: Wanted: Column shift lever   Wanted: Column shift lever Icon_minitimeTue Oct 30, 2012 11:31 am

I believe I have a shift lever. How does $10 shipped sound?
Back to top Go down
buickwagon

buickwagon

PostSubject: Re: Wanted: Column shift lever   Wanted: Column shift lever Icon_minitimeTue Oct 30, 2012 11:55 am

Stingroo wrote:
Just a camera.

Sounds like Fred is your best bet then.
Back to top Go down
buickestate
buickestate

PostSubject: Re: Wanted: Column shift lever   Wanted: Column shift lever Icon_minitimeTue Oct 30, 2012 7:52 pm

junk yard time any GM column shifter will fit and work, I got a rmw column shifter in my 79 malibu and the malibu's shifter is in the ratmaster
Back to top Go down
Cadet57

Cadet57

PostSubject: Re: Wanted: Column shift lever   Wanted: Column shift lever Icon_minitimeTue Oct 30, 2012 8:03 pm

buickestate wrote:
junk yard time any GM column shifter will fit and work, I got a rmw column shifter in my 79 malibu and the malibu's shifter is in the ratmaster

Long as it's a tilt column. I discovered that last summer. Laughing
Back to top Go down
buickestate
buickestate

PostSubject: Re: Wanted: Column shift lever   Wanted: Column shift lever Icon_minitimeTue Oct 30, 2012 8:06 pm

cadet you must have done something wrong, the malibu isn't tilt and the ratmaster is/was
Back to top Go down
Cadet57

Cadet57

PostSubject: Re: Wanted: Column shift lever   Wanted: Column shift lever Icon_minitimeTue Oct 30, 2012 8:09 pm

buickestate wrote:
cadet you must have done something wrong, the malibu isn't tilt and the ratmaster is/was

Nothing wrong.

Bought a 9C1 shifter from a non-tilt car. The shifter arm angle is different from the tilt one, doesn't fit:

(Tilt shifter is on top)
Wanted: Column shift lever IMG_20110508_105351

Back to top Go down
buickestate
buickestate

PostSubject: Re: Wanted: Column shift lever   Wanted: Column shift lever Icon_minitimeTue Oct 30, 2012 8:20 pm

it's the angle of the shifter arm not the fact that it originated from a tilt vs non tilt, they differ to to fit the countours of the various dashes through the years
Back to top Go down
Cadet57

Cadet57

PostSubject: Re: Wanted: Column shift lever   Wanted: Column shift lever Icon_minitimeTue Oct 30, 2012 8:24 pm

buickestate wrote:
it's the angle of the shifter arm

That's what I said. Laughing

9C1 dash is a 9C1 dash. Only difference was one had tilt column, the other didn't.
Back to top Go down
Sponsored content

PostSubject: Re: Wanted: Column shift lever   Wanted: Column shift lever Icon_minitime

Back to top Go down

Wanted: Column shift lever
Page 1 of 1