GM Longroof Forum
Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.

HomeHome  PortalPortal  GalleryGallery  Latest imagesLatest images  SearchSearch  RegisterRegister  Log in  

Kids and big wagons....I LOVE this pic!

Go down 
+2
BigBlackBeaSSt
81X11
6 posters
AuthorMessage
81X11

81X11

Kids and big wagons....I LOVE this pic! Empty
PostSubject: Kids and big wagons....I LOVE this pic!   Kids and big wagons....I LOVE this pic! Icon_minitimeThu Nov 08, 2012 3:34 pm

Robbi, the wife of my friend that bought my '96 Roadmaster, just sent me some pics she took at Cars and Coffee. I LOVE this one!

Kids and big wagons....I LOVE this pic! 407765_4396554884531_1487148669_n
Back to top Go down
BigBlackBeaSSt

BigBlackBeaSSt

PostSubject: Re: Kids and big wagons....I LOVE this pic!   Kids and big wagons....I LOVE this pic! Icon_minitimeThu Nov 08, 2012 6:58 pm

Very Happy great pic.
Back to top Go down
brokecello
brokecello

PostSubject: Re: Kids and big wagons....I LOVE this pic!   Kids and big wagons....I LOVE this pic! Icon_minitimeThu Nov 08, 2012 10:06 pm

Could be an Olds Ad!! Smile
Back to top Go down
http://www.ChrisPowellmusic.com

PostSubject: Re: Kids and big wagons....I LOVE this pic!   Kids and big wagons....I LOVE this pic! Icon_minitimeFri Nov 09, 2012 12:48 am

Awesome pic,Mike!
Back to top Go down
uxwbill

uxwbill

PostSubject: Re: Kids and big wagons....I LOVE this pic!   Kids and big wagons....I LOVE this pic! Icon_minitimeSat Nov 10, 2012 8:20 pm

brokecello wrote:
Could be an Olds Ad!! Smile
I was just thinking exactly that...heck, that picture would make a great front cover for an Olds Custom Cruiser brochure.
Back to top Go down
http://greyghost.mooo.com/

PostSubject: Re: Kids and big wagons....I LOVE this pic!   Kids and big wagons....I LOVE this pic! Icon_minitimeSat Nov 10, 2012 9:38 pm

Woulda,coulda,shoulda and no matter how cute,its still late for the party!Always understood
why saturn went away and even pontiac with all the ghastly scoops,ducts and cladding but
in my opinion Olds still had a lot to offer fans of big RWD V-8 performance cars.
Again IMHO
Back to top Go down
uxwbill

uxwbill

PostSubject: Re: Kids and big wagons....I LOVE this pic!   Kids and big wagons....I LOVE this pic! Icon_minitimeSun Nov 11, 2012 1:22 am

Flasheroo wrote:
Woulda,coulda,shoulda and no matter how cute,its still late for the party!
There's only one fix for that, and it is clearly a B-body renaissance. Okay, so a person can dream, right?

Flasheroo wrote:
Always understood why saturn went away and even pontiac with all the ghastly scoops,ducts and cladding but
in my opinion Olds still had a lot to offer fans of big RWD V-8 performance cars.
Again IMHO
Things looked a bit different from my perspective. Saturn...was a bit of a surprise but not totally unexpected. The phaseout of Pontiac really did come as a shock to me. Pontiac always stood out to me as GM's more adventurous and performance oriented brand. I guess that leaves the Chevrolet division filling at least two roles today...

Wish I could say I was surprised by the demise of Oldsmobile, but I'm not. It seems to me like the short production run and low numbers of 91-92 Olds Custom Cruiser wagons (and the lack of a matching sedan) was a telling statement even if sagging sales in prior years were not. Am I right in thinking that once those were gone, Oldsmobile no longer had any V8 RWD car to offer its buyers?

Last edited by uxwbill on Sun Nov 11, 2012 1:45 am; edited 1 time in total (Reason for editing : there wasn't a '93 OCC wagon!)
Back to top Go down
Olds Weighty Eight

Olds Weighty Eight

PostSubject: Re: Kids and big wagons....I LOVE this pic!   Kids and big wagons....I LOVE this pic! Icon_minitimeSun Nov 11, 2012 1:53 am

uxwbill wrote:
Am I right in thinking that once those were gone, Oldsmobile no longer had any V8 RWD car to offer its buyers?
Correct you are. The Cruiser was the end of a long era for Olds. When it was gone there was either wrong-wheel-drive or SUV. My Cruiser sits in the garage next to my '87 GN. They share some interesting parallels.

• They both represent the last year of production.
  • Both were the last full-frame, RWD editions of their respective models.
  • The factory doors closed forever behind each; Pontiac Assembly in 1987 and Willow Run in 1992.
Back to top Go down
http://www.lakelandraceway.com/friends_garage
Sprocket

Sprocket

PostSubject: Re: Kids and big wagons....I LOVE this pic!   Kids and big wagons....I LOVE this pic! Icon_minitimeSun Nov 11, 2012 9:39 pm

Nice Pic!!
Back to top Go down
uxwbill

uxwbill

PostSubject: Re: Kids and big wagons....I LOVE this pic!   Kids and big wagons....I LOVE this pic! Icon_minitimeTue Nov 13, 2012 1:02 am

Olds Weighty Eight wrote:
  • The factory doors closed forever behind each; Pontiac Assembly in 1987 and Willow Run in 1992.
Now that is interesting. My wagon ('93 Caprice Classic) says it was built at Willow Run. It even has the "built by people who care" Willow Run tag in the
glovebox. CompNine says it was built around April of 1993 (if my memory can be trusted--I know it was sometime around mid-93).

I'm sure that I'm missing part of the story here, and working from incomplete information. Did parts of the plant stay open, or were some cars built elsewhere and then shipped for final assembly? Something else?
Back to top Go down
Sponsored content

PostSubject: Re: Kids and big wagons....I LOVE this pic!   Kids and big wagons....I LOVE this pic! Icon_minitime

Back to top Go down

Kids and big wagons....I LOVE this pic!
Page 1 of 1