GM Longroof Forum
Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.

HomeHome  PortalPortal  GalleryGallery  Latest imagesLatest images  SearchSearch  RegisterRegister  Log in  

Greetings from the Central Oregon Coast

Go down 
+5
JoeT
Sprocket
COL
BigBlackBeaSSt
Guy Newport
9 posters
AuthorMessage
Guy Newport

Guy Newport

Greetings from the Central Oregon Coast Empty
PostSubject: Greetings from the Central Oregon Coast   Greetings from the Central Oregon Coast Icon_minitimeSat Dec 01, 2012 2:20 am

I just signed on to this excellent forum because, having forsaken my '89 Caprice SW, I replaced it with a '93! I found it on the universe's gift to car shopping/swapping, Craigslist, in Portland a couple of weeks ago, bought it and a factory manual and I've been learning the ropes ever since. It had 136K miles, I'll post some pictures as soon as I figure out how that works here. Initially I replaced the windshield as the most necessary immediate fix but I also need to replace the little plastic portions on one of the passenger window sashes because the regulator's detached; motor and switch are fine. Other needs are a rear window wiper arm and the plastic latch for the outside of the glove box (Blue interior, BTW). Other than that, it's a clean, well sorted 5.7 liter example of the breed. Since I'm located where vehicles come to corrode away, I've liberally applied CRC anti-corrosion spray to the sills and jambs and any place I uncover like behind the tail light lenses. Gads. I had moss growing in the driver's side rear lens so not only did I have to figure out how to dig down to find the wing-nut on the front side but I also had to do some weeding in the garden that had grown up inside! I'm in the process of installing a Class III hitch right now so if that hasn't been covered by someone else, I can tell you how I'm doing it so others can compare methods. Yeah, I could have bolted on a Class II but where's the challenge in that?, LOL.
Back to top Go down
BigBlackBeaSSt

BigBlackBeaSSt

PostSubject: Re: Greetings from the Central Oregon Coast   Greetings from the Central Oregon Coast Icon_minitimeSat Dec 01, 2012 8:24 am

Welcome to the forum. Inside the drivers side quarter GM saw to put a drain hole. But then then continued on to fill most of them with drip edge sealer when they assembled the outer skin. Be sure to find this and open it up witn a ty-wrap or piece of wire.
Back to top Go down
COL

COL

PostSubject: Re: Greetings from the Central Oregon Coast   Greetings from the Central Oregon Coast Icon_minitimeSat Dec 01, 2012 9:22 am

Guy,
I live up 101 a few miles between Depoe Bay and Lincoln City. I bought a clean 92 Olds Custom Cruiser in March and have put 15 K on it. I put a CLIII hitch on and some Bilstein shocks. I go to the grocery store in Newport often. Lets get together for coffee and car talk. I have seen very few B body wagons in the area.
What do you plan to tow?
Dick
Back to top Go down
COL

COL

PostSubject: Re: Greetings from the Central Oregon Coast   Greetings from the Central Oregon Coast Icon_minitimeSat Dec 01, 2012 9:24 am

Oh, and welcome to this Forum.
Dick
Back to top Go down
Sprocket

Sprocket

PostSubject: Re: Greetings from the Central Oregon Coast   Greetings from the Central Oregon Coast Icon_minitimeSat Dec 01, 2012 12:00 pm

Welcome aboard left coaster.

I have a friend that lives out near Astoria, but haven't seen him in 15 years....
You can find out how to post pics here: How to Post Pics
Back to top Go down

PostSubject: Re: Greetings from the Central Oregon Coast   Greetings from the Central Oregon Coast Icon_minitimeSat Dec 01, 2012 1:47 pm

Welcome to the group Guy!By the way,that moss is a great sound deadener.
Back to top Go down
JoeT

JoeT

PostSubject: Re: Greetings from the Central Oregon Coast   Greetings from the Central Oregon Coast Icon_minitimeSat Dec 01, 2012 4:58 pm

Welcome aboard, Guy!
Back to top Go down
Sofapilot

Sofapilot

PostSubject: Re: Greetings from the Central Oregon Coast   Greetings from the Central Oregon Coast Icon_minitimeSat Dec 01, 2012 8:33 pm

Welcome!

There's getting to be a few left coast wagon owners present here. I'm slightly jealous of your proximity to Rogue Brewery. drunken

Vern
Back to top Go down
scoffman

scoffman

PostSubject: Re: Greetings from the Central Oregon Coast   Greetings from the Central Oregon Coast Icon_minitimeMon Dec 03, 2012 12:25 pm

welcome to the forum great place to learn and grow
Back to top Go down
Krash Kadillak

Krash Kadillak

PostSubject: Re: Greetings from the Central Oregon Coast   Greetings from the Central Oregon Coast Icon_minitimeMon Dec 03, 2012 3:22 pm

Welcome to the forum, Guy!

Back to top Go down
Poorboy

Poorboy

PostSubject: Re: Greetings from the Central Oregon Coast   Greetings from the Central Oregon Coast Icon_minitimeMon Dec 03, 2012 5:38 pm

Welcome to the forum!
Back to top Go down
Sponsored content

PostSubject: Re: Greetings from the Central Oregon Coast   Greetings from the Central Oregon Coast Icon_minitime

Back to top Go down

Greetings from the Central Oregon Coast
Page 1 of 1