GM Longroof Forum
Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.

HomeHome  PortalPortal  GalleryGallery  Latest imagesLatest images  SearchSearch  RegisterRegister  Log in  

New Wagon owner...almost.

Go down 
+7
Krash Kadillak
toomanytoyz
JoeT
BigBlackBeaSSt
Sprocket
silverfox103
Joey T
11 posters
AuthorMessage
Joey T

Joey T

New Wagon owner...almost. Empty
PostSubject: New Wagon owner...almost.   New Wagon owner...almost. Icon_minitimeFri Feb 08, 2013 2:29 pm

Hey everybody. I'm Joey T. I'm from Pittsburg, KS, born and raised. I grew up around car garages, drag strips and tattoo shops. My love for wagons however, I'm not sure where it came from...maybe just the awesomeness within. I remember seeing '55 Chevy Wagons at the drag strip and just loving them. As I got older, I started working at the drag strip, MoKan Dragway in Asbury, MO. Home of the National HAMB Drags every year. I've seen some awesome wagons up close, and have been wanting one ever since I can remember.

I am currently in the process of purchasing a 1987 Pontiac Safari Wagon. A friend of mine has it in Texas. The car has 39K original miles, completely new interior, power everything.

I'm married to my best friend, and we have 4 children, 2 boys and 2 girls. We've got a 2000 Dodge Durango, which we use when we are all able to go on vacation together. But I want to be able to tell everyone to pack in the Wagon, cause we're going on a road trip.

So, in part, that's Joey T. Anything else you wanna know, just ask.

Looking forward to joining, and all the information and greatness that is to come.

New Wagon owner...almost. 1987_pontiac_safari_341880
Back to top Go down

PostSubject: Re: New Wagon owner...almost.   New Wagon owner...almost. Icon_minitimeFri Feb 08, 2013 2:40 pm

Welcome to the madness Joey T,nice looking wagon by the way.Sounds like you grew up at the strip which had to be awesome.
Back to top Go down
silverfox103
silverfox103

PostSubject: Re: New Wagon owner...almost.   New Wagon owner...almost. Icon_minitimeFri Feb 08, 2013 3:04 pm

Hi Joey

Welcome aboard. We have a growing boxy community. In fact there is another member who recently bought a Pontiac Safari also. It looks like your's, not sure of the exact year. It is the same color and very good shape also.

I just found his original posting: https://gmlongroof.4umer.com/t7730-my-new-81-bonneville-safari

Tom C.
Back to top Go down
Sprocket

Sprocket

PostSubject: Re: New Wagon owner...almost.   New Wagon owner...almost. Icon_minitimeSun Feb 10, 2013 4:26 pm

Welcome aboard. Does it have the coolio 70s tri color interior Mike never stops talking about? Smile 39K wow, glad to know they are still out there.
Back to top Go down
BigBlackBeaSSt

BigBlackBeaSSt

PostSubject: Re: New Wagon owner...almost.   New Wagon owner...almost. Icon_minitimeSun Feb 10, 2013 5:51 pm

Welcome
Back to top Go down
JoeT

JoeT

PostSubject: Re: New Wagon owner...almost.   New Wagon owner...almost. Icon_minitimeSun Feb 10, 2013 6:17 pm

Welcome aboard!
Back to top Go down
toomanytoyz

toomanytoyz

PostSubject: Re: New Wagon owner...almost.   New Wagon owner...almost. Icon_minitimeSun Feb 10, 2013 7:35 pm

Sounds like you'll fit in just fine. Wink

Welcome! Very Happy
Back to top Go down
Joey T

Joey T

PostSubject: Re: New Wagon owner...almost.   New Wagon owner...almost. Icon_minitimeMon Feb 11, 2013 9:28 am

Sprocket wrote:
Welcome aboard. Does it have the coolio 70s tri color interior Mike never stops talking about? Smile 39K wow, glad to know they are still out there.

Nah...it's got Maroon interior...for now.
Back to top Go down
Krash Kadillak

Krash Kadillak

PostSubject: Re: New Wagon owner...almost.   New Wagon owner...almost. Icon_minitimeMon Feb 11, 2013 7:41 pm

Sprocket wrote:

1980 was the last year for the Valencia Cloth interior.
Back to top Go down
Joey T

Joey T

PostSubject: Re: New Wagon owner...almost.   New Wagon owner...almost. Icon_minitimeMon Feb 18, 2013 2:36 pm

Flew down to Houston this past weekend and drove her back to Kansas. Took about 15 hours, but she drives like a dream! Rolled her over to 40K on the trip. More pics to come...when it stops raining here.
Back to top Go down
81X11

81X11

PostSubject: Re: New Wagon owner...almost.   New Wagon owner...almost. Icon_minitimeMon Feb 18, 2013 2:39 pm

Keep the updates coming! Glad you made it home with no issues,

-Mike
Back to top Go down
MarkH

MarkH

PostSubject: Re: New Wagon owner...almost.   New Wagon owner...almost. Icon_minitimeMon Feb 18, 2013 3:31 pm

Welcome!
Back to top Go down
http://DesignsbyMarkonline.net

PostSubject: Re: New Wagon owner...almost.   New Wagon owner...almost. Icon_minitimeMon Feb 18, 2013 7:09 pm

Awesome you got it home where it belongs,now come more pictures!
Back to top Go down
HERD_546

HERD_546

PostSubject: Re: New Wagon owner...almost.   New Wagon owner...almost. Icon_minitimeTue Feb 19, 2013 8:14 am

Joey,

Welcome to the Group. Hope you like the things you find here.. I have owned many wagons in my time.. I had a 56 210 Chevy Handyman's wagon back in 1972.. Wish I still had it..
Back to top Go down
http://www.theherd.com
lorkav

PostSubject: Re: New Wagon owner...almost.   New Wagon owner...almost. Icon_minitimeSun Feb 24, 2013 9:53 am

That is very cool ! I just parked next to one of these safaris the other day for a photo op. ( like the time I parked next to a SMART car at work....it pretty much was the length of my hood. Funny photo !! ) The Safari was like my Custom Cruisers cousin. Mine has those same colors. Mine also had super low miles...about 25,000 in a 92 y.o.s rich home in CT. Good times. All mine now !

Have fun !
Back to top Go down

PostSubject: Re: New Wagon owner...almost.   New Wagon owner...almost. Icon_minitimeSun Feb 24, 2013 3:25 pm

lorkav wrote:
That is very cool ! I just parked next to one of these safaris the other day for a photo op. ( like the time I parked next to a SMART car at work....it pretty much was the length of my hood. Funny photo !! ) The Safari was like my Custom Cruisers cousin. Mine has those same colors. Mine also had super low miles...about 25,000 in a 92 y.o.s rich home in CT. Good times. All mine now !

Have fun !
Sounds like you now have the lowest mileage wagon here!Take care of it and it will last you a very long time.I almost got a 10000
mile 96 roadmaster wagon down in fla but missed it by a few days. Crying or Very sad
Back to top Go down
Sponsored content

PostSubject: Re: New Wagon owner...almost.   New Wagon owner...almost. Icon_minitime

Back to top Go down

New Wagon owner...almost.
Page 1 of 1