GM Longroof Forum
Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.

HomeHome  PortalPortal  GalleryGallery  Latest imagesLatest images  SearchSearch  RegisterRegister  Log in  

no 4th gear until 52mph

Go down 
AuthorMessage

no 4th gear until 52mph Empty
PostSubject: no 4th gear until 52mph   no 4th gear until 52mph Icon_minitimeTue Feb 12, 2013 6:36 pm

I have a 1997 chevy p30 with a 4.3l engine and the 460LE trans. 1st, 2nd, 3rd and reverse gears all work fine but I never get 4th until 52mph and some times not at all, at those times if I shut the engine off and restart it will go in 4th at 52mph. shift solenoids have been replaced pcm replaced but not the chip. and a sensor on the trans I think called a shifter position sensor was replaced. I am stuck on this one and it is costing me loads on these misdiagnosis. please help, thanks
Back to top Go down
Ben67zl1

no 4th gear until 52mph Empty
PostSubject: Re: no 4th gear until 52mph   no 4th gear until 52mph Icon_minitimeSun Mar 17, 2013 2:05 am

I have a 700 r4 and it has a cable hooked to carb and when this was out of alignment I had your problem hope this helps Ben
Back to top Go down

no 4th gear until 52mph
Page 1 of 1