GM Longroof Forum
Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.

HomeHome  PortalPortal  GalleryGallery  Latest imagesLatest images  SearchSearch  RegisterRegister  Log in  

Hello from Hungary!

Go down 
+3
Sprocket
toomanytoyz
Ajtofelfa
7 posters
AuthorMessage
Ajtofelfa

Hello from Hungary! Empty
PostSubject: Hello from Hungary!   Hello from Hungary! Icon_minitimeThu Feb 21, 2013 4:05 pm

Hi all,

We got a 94 Caprice for my wife recently from an English guy. I just finished the registration process and hope to put it on the streets soon. I used to have a 95 Impala a few years ago so I'm pretty well familiar with B-bodies.

Here's a photo of the car with a Mini.

Gabor
Attachments
Hello from Hungary! Attachment413906_10151325008707240_1806630958_o.jpg
You don't have permission to download attachments.
(67 Kb) Downloaded 41 times
Back to top Go down

PostSubject: Re: Hello from Hungary!   Hello from Hungary! Icon_minitimeThu Feb 21, 2013 7:01 pm

Welcome Gabor,great picture of your wagon and the mini.Dont need to call a tow truck for
the mini,just throw it in the back of your wagon. lol!
Back to top Go down
toomanytoyz

toomanytoyz

PostSubject: Re: Hello from Hungary!   Hello from Hungary! Icon_minitimeThu Feb 21, 2013 8:16 pm

Ha! That's an awesome picture beside the Mini! Very Happy

Welcome to the madness, Gabor! Smile
Back to top Go down
Sprocket

Sprocket

PostSubject: Re: Hello from Hungary!   Hello from Hungary! Icon_minitimeThu Feb 21, 2013 10:13 pm

Welcome Aboard Gabor! Nice contrast with the Mini. I drove halfway across Germany in the backseat of a mini. I'm about 190cm tall.
Back to top Go down
convert2diesel

PostSubject: Re: Hello from Hungary!   Hello from Hungary! Icon_minitimeFri Feb 22, 2013 9:31 am

You know that these cars are adictive don't you??

Welcome to the fold. Notice the Mini is actually a real one and looks to be in good shape. Any info on it?

Cut my teeth on these cars some 45 years ago. Still love the way they handled. No other car like it then or now. Granted the maintenance could be a nightmare but when they were running they were great.

Bill
Back to top Go down
81X11

81X11

PostSubject: Re: Hello from Hungary!   Hello from Hungary! Icon_minitimeFri Feb 22, 2013 9:37 am

Welcome and hope you stick around. Post pics of your toy when you can please.

Thanks!

-Mike
Back to top Go down
Ajtofelfa

PostSubject: Re: Hello from Hungary!   Hello from Hungary! Icon_minitimeMon Feb 25, 2013 7:44 am

Thank you guys!

I still haven't received the license plate as the local DMV isn't very fast when it's about American cars. I hope to be able to drive the car near the end of this week.

The Mini belongs to a friend's friend and is for sale right now, the price is about $1600. It's a LOT bigger inside than it looks from the outside. Very Happy It's got 10 inch rims and no springs in the suspension, just some rubber pads.
Back to top Go down
Ajtofelfa

PostSubject: Re: Hello from Hungary!   Hello from Hungary! Icon_minitimeSun Mar 17, 2013 3:06 am

We had really BAD weather the last few days. Blizzards kept thousands of people stranded on the highways. Very unusual even during the winter, more in the middle of March. We stayed at home and I took this photo while cleaning up the yard

Hello from Hungary! P3150011
Back to top Go down
81X11

81X11

PostSubject: Re: Hello from Hungary!   Hello from Hungary! Icon_minitimeSun Mar 17, 2013 11:41 pm

Looks pretty, but cold! Welcome to the group again!

-Mike
Back to top Go down
Krzdimond
Admin
Krzdimond

PostSubject: Re: Hello from Hungary!   Hello from Hungary! Icon_minitimeSun Mar 17, 2013 11:48 pm

The coldest I have EVER been (and I grew up in western Michigan....on the lake, and spent 9 years in Germany) was in January/February 1996 just south of Budapest when we (US Army) were staging at an old Soviet military base to enter Yugoslavia (now known as Bosnia). Christ it was COLD!!
Back to top Go down
jasonlachapelle

jasonlachapelle

PostSubject: Re: Hello from Hungary!   Hello from Hungary! Icon_minitimeMon Mar 18, 2013 12:32 am

Welcome.
Back to top Go down
Sponsored content

PostSubject: Re: Hello from Hungary!   Hello from Hungary! Icon_minitime

Back to top Go down

Hello from Hungary!
Page 1 of 1

Permissions in this forum:You cannot reply to topics in this forum
GM Longroof Forum :: The Welcome Wagon :: Introductions...-
Jump to: