GM Longroof Forum
Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.

HomeHome  PortalPortal  GalleryGallery  Latest imagesLatest images  SearchSearch  RegisterRegister  Log in  

want to get hitched

Go down 
2 posters
AuthorMessage
poppawoodie

poppawoodie

want to get hitched Empty
PostSubject: want to get hitched   want to get hitched Icon_minitimeWed Mar 06, 2013 1:23 am

bought a 91 rmw 5.0, want to tow small trailer (landscape size 5x8). best easiest bolt on hitch? problems? warnings? any info app.
Back to top Go down

PostSubject: Re: want to get hitched   want to get hitched Icon_minitimeWed Mar 06, 2013 8:25 am

If you want a class 2, you can find them new still. Class 3 hitches are harder to find. Reese, DrawTite, and Uhaul all made them - and they are all the same hitch. I say "made" because they've been out of production for a few years. Sedan and wagon hitches are different as well, so be on the lookout for that. If you do a search of the forum, a member here did draw up plans to produce another hitch, and had it built at a fab shop.

OR, depending on your location, if you're in, say... Arizona, you can contact U-Haul and they will build you a custom hitch.

Good luck, happy wagoning, and welcome to the forum. Post an introduction for us. Very Happy
Back to top Go down
silverfox103
silverfox103

PostSubject: Re: want to get hitched   want to get hitched Icon_minitimeWed Mar 06, 2013 9:23 am

Class 2 should more than do it. I have a Class 2 on my wagon; I occasionally rent a 5x 8 Uhaul trailer (box). It does the job. I have had it 7 or 8 years. I think I paid $125 for it.

Tom C.
Back to top Go down

PostSubject: Re: want to get hitched   want to get hitched Icon_minitimeWed Mar 06, 2013 1:10 pm

Yeah. You can safely tow a 5x8 with a class 2 hitch all day long.
Back to top Go down
poppawoodie

poppawoodie

PostSubject: Re: want to get hitched   want to get hitched Icon_minitimeMon Mar 11, 2013 12:22 am

thanks guys just gonna pull a cheapy lowes depot trailer 5 x 8, carry maybe 300 to 400lbs in it occasionaly. I will try and get pics up soon, whats the easiest way to post pics to this site? Photobucket? if so I will need to set it up. My wagon has 15inch visions on it, they look good on the car but going in a dif direction with it. I may entertain offers on them. again I will work on pics.
Back to top Go down
poppawoodie

poppawoodie

PostSubject: Re: want to get hitched   want to get hitched Icon_minitimeMon Mar 11, 2013 12:26 am

Back to top Go down
Sponsored content

PostSubject: Re: want to get hitched   want to get hitched Icon_minitime

Back to top Go down

want to get hitched
Page 1 of 1