GM Longroof Forum
Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.

HomeHome  PortalPortal  GalleryGallery  Latest imagesLatest images  SearchSearch  RegisterRegister  Log in  

BBQ for FL Wagonfest

Go down 
+4
95BRMW
Mark 96 Roady
Krzdimond
Sprocket
8 posters
AuthorMessage
Sprocket

Sprocket

BBQ for FL Wagonfest Empty
PostSubject: BBQ for FL Wagonfest   BBQ for FL Wagonfest Icon_minitimeThu Mar 14, 2013 10:26 pm

So last year, after the rain pushed us out the door on the infield, we collected back at the hotel, took up a collection and made a run for the supermarket. That worked pretty well as we got just what we needed but we have about twice the number confirmed for this year at 28 and counting! I'm brining a grille (not the same one as last year) that uses the spin on propane bottles, packs smaller (as in inside the wagon, lol). We may need another?

MEAT UPDATE:

Purchased about $110 worth of steak and sausage tonight. New York Strip steaks (bought the whole strip and had it cut into thick juicy steaks. Got 16 of them which can be cut in half and wrapped in bacon. That makes 32 steaks, and I bought 36 Italian Sausages (18 in a pack). So that should cover us in the dead animal flesh dept. Also got two packs of bacon for wrapping.

I figure we'll still need a supermarket run for other incidentals.

RIght now, we are looking at 32 people on the confirmed list! hence the above amounts.

Sprocket and 59 Wagon man - grilles (still wouldn't mind another little one, we have lots of meat!)
Shade tents - Sprocket, Krzidiamond, 95BRMW (more for day time)
folding table - Krzi (2), 59 Wagon Man (I may be able to snag one too).

Rest of the meal I think we send a couple of peeps to market with a shopping list at the end of the show (I'll be back at the hotel wrapping steaks, lol). Reason being we can put a list together at the show, and then the monies portion will be easy to figure out (divide total bill by people eating for the most part). Right now the meat is at $3.50 a person.

Now if someone is sitting on a 100 sets of paper plates, silver ware, etc. Speak up and bring it!

Rest of menu (and I'm open for ideas here).

I will bring a pot and pan to make my semi-famous (Pat loves them) black beans
a few bags of premade salad (unless some folks here want to make one up).
few rolls of french bread
some other deli stuff (cole slaw, tater salad, or whatever)
assortment of pies for dessert (key lime, pecan, etc).

I will also have my 2 burner coleman so if someone has a special recipe they wanna whip up, step it up and dazzle us, lol.

Last edited by Sprocket on Mon Mar 18, 2013 9:17 pm; edited 3 times in total
Back to top Go down
Krzdimond
Admin
Krzdimond

PostSubject: Re: BBQ for FL Wagonfest   BBQ for FL Wagonfest Icon_minitimeThu Mar 14, 2013 11:41 pm

I have a 10x10 EZ up and 2 6' resin folding tables I can bring.

Like last year, whatever the cost for the food.... I'm in. Just let me know what the damage is.
Back to top Go down
Mark 96 Roady

PostSubject: Re: BBQ for FL Wagonfest   BBQ for FL Wagonfest Icon_minitimeFri Mar 15, 2013 12:40 am

If I may make a suggestion, how about each person/family be responsible for a specific item or items. That way we don't end up with 5,000 cups, but no napkins. I'm bringing my Fleetwood, so I can't bring any thing huge (picnic table, etc) but I can certainly get what ever disposable items we may need. I would be happy to contribute what ever you feel is necessary to cover your meat run (and thanks for doing it). So how about it-Sprocket, if you like, assign stuff to each of us, and we all just go and get it? I don't have a cooler, so I would be happy to get non perishables, and maybe someone else can bring lettuce, tomatoes, etc for salads and burgers. It would be nice if we could just get there, and not have to go to the store. And, here is a thought-how about each person/family bring their own beverages? Obviously some of us will drink alcohol, and some not, so we can each be responsible for ourselves and any kids who come along.
Back to top Go down
95BRMW

95BRMW

PostSubject: Re: BBQ for FL Wagonfest   BBQ for FL Wagonfest Icon_minitimeFri Mar 15, 2013 7:51 am

I'm in, that was a damn good meal last year.
I also have a 10x10 canopy I'm bringing with me.
Back to top Go down
Cadet57

Cadet57

PostSubject: Re: BBQ for FL Wagonfest   BBQ for FL Wagonfest Icon_minitimeSat Mar 16, 2013 5:58 pm

I'm not fussy. If it's food, I'll eat. Just tell me how much I owe. And if you want me to bring something, I'll bring it.
Back to top Go down
95BRMW

95BRMW

PostSubject: Re: BBQ for FL Wagonfest   BBQ for FL Wagonfest Icon_minitimeSat Mar 16, 2013 7:32 pm

I'd love some more of that bacon wrapped steak Laughing
Back to top Go down
gwturbo

gwturbo

PostSubject: Re: BBQ for FL Wagonfest   BBQ for FL Wagonfest Icon_minitimeSat Mar 16, 2013 8:55 pm

95BRMW wrote:
I'd love some more of that bacon wrapped steak Laughing

I agree with you David. That was a good meal. Sprocket, I like your idea about the meat market. Seems reasonably priced.

Glenn
Back to top Go down
toomanytoyz

toomanytoyz

PostSubject: Re: BBQ for FL Wagonfest   BBQ for FL Wagonfest Icon_minitimeSat Mar 16, 2013 9:02 pm

Wait... Did you just offer up a sausage sampler at what's bound to be a sausage fest? Suspect
Back to top Go down
59 wagon man

59 wagon man

PostSubject: Re: BBQ for FL Wagonfest   BBQ for FL Wagonfest Icon_minitimeSat Mar 16, 2013 10:45 pm

i can bring a table and chip in for some food. let me know if you assign me something else
Back to top Go down
59 wagon man

59 wagon man

PostSubject: Re: BBQ for FL Wagonfest   BBQ for FL Wagonfest Icon_minitimeSat Mar 16, 2013 10:47 pm

i also have a small toolbox bbq if you need me to bring it i can it cooks about 6 burgers at once
Back to top Go down
Sprocket

Sprocket

PostSubject: Re: BBQ for FL Wagonfest   BBQ for FL Wagonfest Icon_minitimeSun Mar 17, 2013 9:24 pm

toomanytoyz wrote:
Wait... Did you just offer up a sausage sampler at what's bound to be a sausage fest? Suspect

I thought about that when I typed it....lol

I just emerged from the Everglades 2 hours ago.....I had planned on bacon wrapping the steaks again this year.
Was also thinking of grabbing some veggiies to grille as well. With this many people in, I'll take 59 wagon man up on his grille, and possible a third if some one local has a easy portable charcoal kind of deal....I'm going to pick up the 'travel' grille tomorrow. ALso I have a coleman stove, so I can cook some black beans up,

Back to top Go down
toomanytoyz

toomanytoyz

PostSubject: Re: BBQ for FL Wagonfest   BBQ for FL Wagonfest Icon_minitimeSun Mar 17, 2013 11:09 pm

Man, you're making me hungry now. Wish I could make it! Grrr!
Back to top Go down
Krzdimond
Admin
Krzdimond

PostSubject: Re: BBQ for FL Wagonfest   BBQ for FL Wagonfest Icon_minitimeSun Mar 17, 2013 11:39 pm

toomanytoyz wrote:
Man, you're making me hungry now. Wish I could make it! Grrr!

Bill, fly down and drive the MAB back home...... I'll pick you up at the airport on Friday..
Back to top Go down
toomanytoyz

toomanytoyz

PostSubject: Re: BBQ for FL Wagonfest   BBQ for FL Wagonfest Icon_minitimeMon Mar 18, 2013 10:18 am

Sorry dude, blowing my budget on the marshmallow's paint this year.
Back to top Go down
Sprocket

Sprocket

PostSubject: Re: BBQ for FL Wagonfest   BBQ for FL Wagonfest Icon_minitimeMon Mar 18, 2013 9:41 pm

updated, now with Steak!
Back to top Go down
59 wagon man

59 wagon man

PostSubject: Re: BBQ for FL Wagonfest   BBQ for FL Wagonfest Icon_minitimeMon Mar 18, 2013 9:58 pm

i have the table to bring ,we will have a 10 x 10 pop up if needed
1 bbq grill is about the size of a large pizza ,the other one is a small toolbox about 10" x 18" let me know if you want the small one i also picked up 15 lbs of charcoal
Back to top Go down
Sprocket

Sprocket

PostSubject: Re: BBQ for FL Wagonfest   BBQ for FL Wagonfest Icon_minitimeMon Mar 18, 2013 10:48 pm

yeah bring the small one too if not too much trouble. rather have it and not need then eating in 4 different shifts, lol.

Back to top Go down
Krzdimond
Admin
Krzdimond

PostSubject: Re: BBQ for FL Wagonfest   BBQ for FL Wagonfest Icon_minitimeMon Mar 18, 2013 10:50 pm

still want me to bring my 2 6 foot folding tables?
Back to top Go down
Sprocket

Sprocket

PostSubject: Re: BBQ for FL Wagonfest   BBQ for FL Wagonfest Icon_minitimeMon Mar 18, 2013 11:04 pm

Krzdimond wrote:
still want me to bring my 2 6 foot folding tables?

yes, please do.
Back to top Go down
Krzdimond
Admin
Krzdimond

PostSubject: Re: BBQ for FL Wagonfest   BBQ for FL Wagonfest Icon_minitimeMon Mar 18, 2013 11:09 pm

ok
Back to top Go down
Cadet57

Cadet57

PostSubject: Re: BBQ for FL Wagonfest   BBQ for FL Wagonfest Icon_minitimeTue Mar 19, 2013 9:53 am

I have a couple big coolers we use for camping if we need em.

I also don't mind running to the grocery store for supplies.
Back to top Go down
Sprocket

Sprocket

PostSubject: Re: BBQ for FL Wagonfest   BBQ for FL Wagonfest Icon_minitimeTue Mar 19, 2013 10:59 pm

Cadet57 wrote:
I have a couple big coolers we use for camping if we need em.

I also don't mind running to the grocery store for supplies.

You should bring one anyway for the trip you'll use it. See ya Friday!
Back to top Go down
59 wagon man

59 wagon man

PostSubject: Re: BBQ for FL Wagonfest   BBQ for FL Wagonfest Icon_minitimeFri Mar 22, 2013 10:35 pm

what time did you guys plan on bbq ?
Back to top Go down
Sprocket

Sprocket

PostSubject: Re: BBQ for FL Wagonfest   BBQ for FL Wagonfest Icon_minitimeFri Mar 22, 2013 10:40 pm

Show over at 5, need to make run to store, etc. figure 7-7:30 ish
Back to top Go down

PostSubject: Re: BBQ for FL Wagonfest   BBQ for FL Wagonfest Icon_minitimeFri Mar 22, 2013 11:23 pm

I might show up just for the food! lol!
Back to top Go down
59 wagon man

59 wagon man

PostSubject: Re: BBQ for FL Wagonfest   BBQ for FL Wagonfest Icon_minitimeSat Mar 23, 2013 12:46 pm

see u later
Back to top Go down
Sponsored content

PostSubject: Re: BBQ for FL Wagonfest   BBQ for FL Wagonfest Icon_minitime

Back to top Go down

BBQ for FL Wagonfest
Page 1 of 1