GM Longroof Forum
Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.

HomeHome  PortalPortal  GalleryGallery  Latest imagesLatest images  SearchSearch  RegisterRegister  Log in  

Front door tracks

Go down 
2 posters
AuthorMessage
Fred Kiehl

Fred Kiehl

Front door tracks Empty
PostSubject: Front door tracks   Front door tracks Icon_minitimeSun Jan 03, 2010 8:19 pm

Does anybody know where I can get front window tracks for 91-94 doors. Mine are shrinking perceptively. The JYs here never have nice ones, they are all shrunken like mine.
Back to top Go down
sherlock9c1

Front door tracks Empty
PostSubject: Re: Front door tracks   Front door tracks Icon_minitimeSun Jan 03, 2010 9:35 pm

If you're talking the upper one that starts at the mirror and works its way around to the rear of the door halfway down, join the club. Both of mine have been shrinking since I bought them. You get a bunch of wind noise at the mirrors too when the gap is exposed.

As a temporary measure, you can gently pull it all out, and then put it back in under tension so it fills the whole area. Mine shrink back in a year or so though.

I will have to check the Syracuse junkyards next time I go to see if the northern cars don't suffer the same amount of shrinkage.
Back to top Go down
Fred Kiehl

Fred Kiehl

Front door tracks Empty
PostSubject: Re: Front door tracks   Front door tracks Icon_minitimeSun Jan 03, 2010 10:23 pm

Yep that's the one. I have about a 1/2 inch gap at the mirror. I picked up a pair of 95-96 tracks, but they do not fit because of the different mirror treatment.
Back to top Go down
Sponsored content

Front door tracks Empty
PostSubject: Re: Front door tracks   Front door tracks Icon_minitime

Back to top Go down

Front door tracks
Page 1 of 1