GM Longroof Forum
Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.

HomeHome  PortalPortal  GalleryGallery  Latest imagesLatest images  SearchSearch  RegisterRegister  Log in  

New trunk floor

Go down 
5 posters
AuthorMessage
MarcinV8

MarcinV8

New trunk floor Empty
PostSubject: New trunk floor   New trunk floor Icon_minitimeWed May 01, 2013 7:09 am

I posted this in wrong section before.
You probably remember my trunk floor, or lack of it. Anyway, I did it myself Cool It's made from bamboo wood, it works almost like original one, there is smaller "trunk" beneath the floor. Ignore this handle, I will make custom one. I still have to install some actuators because the floor is damn heavy. What do you think. Cool Next thing I need to do is flocking all plastics inside trunk.
New trunk floor Zdjecie30042013171908
Back to top Go down

New trunk floor Empty
PostSubject: Re: New trunk floor   New trunk floor Icon_minitimeWed May 01, 2013 7:47 am

Nice. So you didn't cover the section on the 2nd row seat that folds? Or did you?
Back to top Go down
Gastt

Gastt

New trunk floor Empty
PostSubject: Re: New trunk floor   New trunk floor Icon_minitimeWed May 01, 2013 9:10 am

Doesn't look like you have the lock box on the drivers side... Do TBI wagons lack that?
Back to top Go down
MarcinV8

MarcinV8

New trunk floor Empty
PostSubject: Re: New trunk floor   New trunk floor Icon_minitimeWed May 01, 2013 9:42 am

Gastt wrote:
Doesn't look like you have the lock box on the drivers side... Do TBI wagons lack that?
There is, right now there is one made from plywood by previous owner, but I agree it looks like there is no lock box. I do have the the door and lock mechanism but I have to paint it. But its not important, look at the floor Cool
Back to top Go down
phantom 309

phantom 309

New trunk floor Empty
PostSubject: Re: New trunk floor   New trunk floor Icon_minitimeWed May 01, 2013 11:21 am

I need a little translation please,.

Quote :
flocking all plastics inside trunk

eh??
Back to top Go down
MarcinV8

MarcinV8

New trunk floor Empty
PostSubject: Re: New trunk floor   New trunk floor Icon_minitimeWed May 01, 2013 1:00 pm

phantom 309 wrote:
I need a little translation please,.

Quote :
flocking all plastics inside trunk

eh??

Sorry Laughing

"Flocking is the process of depositing many small fiber particles (called flock) onto a surface. It can also refer to the texture produced by the process, or to any material used primarily for its flocked surface. Flocking of an article can be performed for the purpose of increasing its value in terms of the tactile sensation, aesthetics, color and appearance. It can also be performed for functional reasons including insulation, slip-or-grip friction, and low reflectivity."

Example
New trunk floor Blue-dash-2_1266000532
Back to top Go down
jayoldschool

jayoldschool

New trunk floor Empty
PostSubject: Re: New trunk floor   New trunk floor Icon_minitimeWed May 01, 2013 1:31 pm

Flock you!
Back to top Go down

New trunk floor Empty
PostSubject: Re: New trunk floor   New trunk floor Icon_minitimeWed May 01, 2013 2:17 pm

Go flock yourself.
Back to top Go down
MarcinV8

MarcinV8

New trunk floor Empty
PostSubject: Re: New trunk floor   New trunk floor Icon_minitimeWed May 01, 2013 3:41 pm

Suspect
Back to top Go down
Gastt

Gastt

New trunk floor Empty
PostSubject: Re: New trunk floor   New trunk floor Icon_minitimeWed May 01, 2013 3:55 pm

The floor looks good. Do you have a third row seat?
Back to top Go down

New trunk floor Empty
PostSubject: Re: New trunk floor   New trunk floor Icon_minitimeWed May 01, 2013 10:13 pm

Oooh yeah - that's another question. Is the paneling thin enough to accommodate the 3rd row seat latch?
Back to top Go down
MarcinV8

MarcinV8

New trunk floor Empty
PostSubject: Re: New trunk floor   New trunk floor Icon_minitimeThu May 02, 2013 3:52 am

Gastt wrote:
The floor looks good. Do you have a third row seat?
Unfortunately not. I'm not looking for 3rd row seat. If by any chance I will get one in the same color as interior, I will rebuild the floor, or get stock one Smile
Back to top Go down
Andebe

Andebe

New trunk floor Empty
PostSubject: Re: New trunk floor   New trunk floor Icon_minitimeFri May 10, 2013 12:25 pm

Different....Seen a bamboo shade headliner once,nice touch...
Back to top Go down
phantom 309

phantom 309

New trunk floor Empty
PostSubject: Re: New trunk floor   New trunk floor Icon_minitimeFri May 10, 2013 9:42 pm

That dash definitely looks flocked,.
Back to top Go down
Sponsored content

New trunk floor Empty
PostSubject: Re: New trunk floor   New trunk floor Icon_minitime

Back to top Go down

New trunk floor
Page 1 of 1