GM Longroof Forum
Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.

HomeHome  PortalPortal  GalleryGallery  Latest imagesLatest images  SearchSearch  RegisterRegister  Log in  

Front License Plate Mount

Go down 
4 posters
AuthorMessage
Big Pimpin'

Big Pimpin'

Front License Plate Mount Empty
PostSubject: Front License Plate Mount   Front License Plate Mount Icon_minitimeMon Jan 18, 2010 5:58 pm

Noticed today that my front license plate is gone on my '92 RMW. The screws are still there but the plastic piece is long gone.

Are they still available from the Dealer? Does anybody have one laying around? Out of all the spare parts I have in my basement I don't have a license plate bracket.
Back to top Go down
Fred Kiehl

Fred Kiehl

PostSubject: Re: Front License Plate Mount   Front License Plate Mount Icon_minitimeMon Jan 18, 2010 8:56 pm

The only one that fits is from the RMW. Two months ago I could have gotten you 3. They crushed all the cars about a month ago.
Back to top Go down
AVIDINHA

AVIDINHA

PostSubject: Re: Front License Plate Mount   Front License Plate Mount Icon_minitimeTue Jan 19, 2010 7:08 am

the same thing happened to me a few months back. i just drilled my new plate to match the screws that thold the bracket on so i wont get a "no front plate" ticket untill i can find a plate bracket.
Back to top Go down
http://www.cardomain.com/id/avidinha
DBeaSSt
Admin
DBeaSSt

PostSubject: Re: Front License Plate Mount   Front License Plate Mount Icon_minitimeTue Jan 19, 2010 7:49 am

Unfortunately that's a pretty often destroyed part too. Gets used a little too often as a 'bump stop' by drivers. Sad
Back to top Go down
http://www.prosise.name
Big Pimpin'

Big Pimpin'

PostSubject: Re: Front License Plate Mount   Front License Plate Mount Icon_minitimeTue Jan 19, 2010 5:19 pm

Well I guess I got lucky. My wife found the front license plate and bracket laying in the parking lot of the gas station where she bought gas on the weekend.

Looks like the plastic is a little broken around the bolt holes, but I think I may be able to salvage it with a few big flat washers. At least I don't have to go and get a new plate.
Back to top Go down
Sponsored content

PostSubject: Re: Front License Plate Mount   Front License Plate Mount Icon_minitime

Back to top Go down

Front License Plate Mount
Page 1 of 1